Letter to Stants - comments to add

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
nomolos
Club Captain

Re: Letter to Stants - comments to add

Post by nomolos »

What player would want to be a around a club with ****head supporters like we have. No wonder no players want to come to our club.

"Supporters" being the operative term.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

BenDoolan wrote:
timbercote wrote:
Old turncote returns hey

What number he wears makes absolutely no difference whatsoever and only a fool would use it in the above argument.

Your'e right.Why didn't I think of that .Perhaps the players should have the letters of the alpabet on their back.Namecalling has really improved your argument
Oh, and how ironic. You don't like being called names in here but it's ok for you to take pot shots at Stanton at the ground. Why shouldn't you be subjected to the same treatment if you're so in favour of it? Is it because you're not on the same pay packet as Stanton? Or because you don't wear the No.5?

Perhaps I could visit you at the game and just heckle you all day whenever you spill a drop of your drink, or when you fumble through the pages of the footy record, or when some sauce lands on your shirt, or when a bit of dribble comes out of your mouth.

Whadda ya reckon?
Sauce on the shirt? Would've thought it would be the shit that he failed to wipe away from his mouth?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

nomolos wrote:What player would want to be a around a club with ****head supporters like we have. No wonder no players want to come to our club.

"Supporters" being the operative term.
Disagree, people want to go to Collingwood despite the way they treated Travis Cloke. Would have only been 12 months ago where he was being jeered when he took a mark.

Same goes for Carlton and their treatment of Russel, Carrazzo, Thorton. Even Henderson was jeered when he was subbed off against us.

Saints have Clarke, Kosi and Dawson

Point is: Every team has pathetic supporters.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Whilst I have been critical of Stanton at times on this website, especially in the Collingwood game, I would think it totally unacceptable for a supporter of Essendon to boo one our own. Stanton is an important cog in the Essendon machine and needs our encouragement.

Its quite frankly embarassing and people should know better.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

:lol: What a entertaining thread this has turned out to be. I love the whole #5 is a sacred jumper and everyone who wears it has to be a champion. If it's so friggin sacred it should've been retired to immortalise the great Sir James. I f***** love James Hird but the way some people carry on about him is sickening....
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

robbie67 wrote:Only way to shut them up is to keep your head over the ball, keep backing yourself, and keep running hard both ways. Keep doing those things and eventually you will shut them up.
This. And do it in big games against the best teams.
Windy_Hill wrote:His teammates and coaches are the only ones who he will seriously listen to and they love him!!

Do you honestly think he gives a rats clacker about what some mindless newt from Resevoir thinks? (Not you Jazz - the idiots in the crowd I mean)

The guy is a professional sportsman with some intestinal fortitude - not Nick Reiwoldt.
I f***** hope so.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

j-mac31 wrote:
robbie67 wrote:Only way to shut them up is to keep your head over the ball, keep backing yourself, and keep running hard both ways. Keep doing those things and eventually you will shut them up.
This. And do it in big games against the best teams.
Windy_Hill wrote:His teammates and coaches are the only ones who he will seriously listen to and they love him!!

Do you honestly think he gives a rats clacker about what some mindless newt from Resevoir thinks? (Not you Jazz - the idiots in the crowd I mean)

The guy is a professional sportsman with some intestinal fortitude - not Nick Reiwoldt.
I f***** hope so.
I agree with this also.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

JumboPaddy wrote::lol: What a entertaining thread this has turned out to be. I love the whole #5 is a sacred jumper and everyone who wears it has to be a champion. If it's so friggin sacred it should've been retired to immortalise the great Sir James. I f***** love James Hird but the way some people carry on about him is sickening....

I agree. Who gives a shit about a jumper number.

You make your own history you don't live off of the guy before you.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

nomolos wrote:
JumboPaddy wrote::lol: What a entertaining thread this has turned out to be. I love the whole #5 is a sacred jumper and everyone who wears it has to be a champion. If it's so friggin sacred it should've been retired to immortalise the great Sir James. I f***** love James Hird but the way some people carry on about him is sickening....

I agree. Who gives a shit about a jumper number.

You make your own history you don't live off of the guy before you.
Yeah, I don't see anyone comparing Melksham to the former great, Judd Lalich.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

haha wow didn't this thread go well :? few good comments to add so far, thanks guys
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
timbercote
Top Up Player

Post by timbercote »

Bombertalk - Terms of use

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Bombertalk” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Bombertalk” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “Bombertalk” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

timbercote wrote:Bombertalk - Terms of use

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Bombertalk” is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that “Bombertalk” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither “Bombertalk” nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
Marvellous.
Essendunny
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

I've got a new term of use for you - in reality we're a small group of 40-50 people (and even that may be generous) and if we all really really get sick of you I'm sure you'll be gone quick enough.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I'm one of those people Patrick :D

Timbercote, please leave the moderating to the moderators. You came into a thread and deliberately said something you knew would stir people up, about a topic that it's clear is a sensitive one around the forum ATM. You have to expect to cop a little flak for that.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

From the Product Manufacturer: ALTEX COATINGS LIMITED re Timbercote
Timbercote is a clear single component product that requires only brief stirring to an homogeneous state before use.
Hmm ... seems to me that the product itself here is doing the stirring
Over long periods Timbercote may thicken, especially late in or beyond its shelf life. Mild turbidity- easily reduced with small amounts of Mineral Turpentine - is acceptable and will not compromise application of performance.
Enuf said (BTW ... Turbidity is a measure of a fluid's murkiness or muddyness).
Thinning with Mineral Turpentine is required, especially in cold weather conditions. The first coat applied to bare timber should be thinned up
to 50% to aid penetration. Subsequent coats should also be thinned up to 50% to aid levelling and through hardness.
Benny Hill would have a field day here ...
Application:
Timbercote can be applied by spray, brush or roller. Suggested spray equipment is: Air Spray De Vilbiss - JGA gun, E Fluid Nozzle, 80/704 Air Nozzle
(Note: Other equipment equivalent to the above may be used.)

Note: Unsealed surfaces will require a suction coat of Timbercote thinned 50% with Mineral Turpentine. Allow to dry overnight and sand lightly. Bare timber will require 5-8 coats (or more) of Timbercote over the sealed surface.
Certainly enuf spraying going on here
Timbercote® is flammable. Keep away from heat, sparks and open flame. Use with adequate ventilation. May cause eye and skin irritation. Do not breathe vapour or spray. Wear suitable protective clothing such as gloves and eye and face protection.
Hmmm can't say we wern't warned ... I'll just put on my asbestos overcoat now

Cheers
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

HA! That's some good work there sti !
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

=D> =D> =D>

Turncote
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Why don't you plug up your anus for the night and cry on your boyfriend's shoulder - I'm sure he'll tell you everything will be alright..
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

MH_Bomber wrote:Whilst I have been critical of Stanton at times on this website, especially in the Collingwood game, I would think it totally unacceptable for a supporter of Essendon to boo one our own. Stanton is an important cog in the Essendon machine and needs our encouragement.

Its quite frankly embarassing and people should know better.
Agree MH

You can be critical without being abusive.There is a massive difference. No player is above criticism but every Essendon player should be above abuse from his own supporters. I thought Stanton was poor in the Collingwood game as well but every player has poor games.

The fact is that if the club put Stanton up for trade there would be 17 other clubs interested in him.

These people that jeered him on Sunday should have a look at how he hurt himself. Put his body on the line for the jumper. Something he has done since he was 17.

I hope he goes out there on Saturday night and gets 35 touches and kicks 5 goals.