Ass Raped

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Re: Ass Raped

Post by rockhole »

The first phase of the contest was to crash into the back of Hille, Paddy or any one else going for a mark. Then the two handed grapple usually around the waist. Then the spoil usually ending up with a least one arm over the shoulder forcing the player to the ground. Number of penalties...nil!!

The one handed throw during a tackle is also back in fashion together with the requirement to hold the ball for 10 seconds in a marking contest.

I have all but given up screaming at shit umpiring. I have started to laugh which greatly concerns the people around me who believe I have totally lost it. Didn't cost us the game, but sure hurt us.

Perhaps I have
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

No lube used either. I'm fuckng steaming ATM. My fave was froggy gets a 50 against him for tackling a guy who is over the mark, the next quarter tiger ****** does the same, but the umpire patiently explains that It's OK to tackle them when they go over the mark.

Hille takes a mark with a tiger hanging off his arm, no mark and no f****** free!

Anyone got the free count?
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Free kick count was 23-20 our way. Not surprising that we won that stat considering we had 34 more contested possessions.

Just watched the replay and saw how screwed we were.

The Martin one obviously cost us a goal, and momentum. Lost a chance to go inside 50.
The Davey 50m was bullshit. The player was over the mark and was shaping for a kick. At least should've been retaken if not a holding the ball free to us.
Just before a Tiges goal, King is tackled, spun around and he gets nothing on the handball and lets it fly out.
Contest 2nd qtr, Reiwoldt clearly holds Hooker's jumper and a Tiges player in front marks. Only kicks a point so no damage done.
Another contest and Ryder attempts to mark and has his arm clearly held. I think Jetta scores not long after so no effect.
Contest near the wing, Hibberd runs to mark the ball and has his arm held by King.
Jetta marks and then gets pushed. Play on from the ump.
Hille held at half-forward, could've been paid the mark anyway.
Not sure of King's 1st goal from a push-out as the footage isn't conclusive. He definitely gets rid of (was it Hibberd?) forcefully in the contest.

I couldn't spot any dodgy frees that could be argued the other way, Grigg's Bowden attempt over the line was clearly a free under the rules. No doubt they'll whinge about that.

In terms of costly ass-raping efforts ourselves, stupid turnover goals resulted from Hibberd's kick out of defense, and Fletch's tap back in the goal square that goes to a Tiges player. Also, TB on F50 handballing to Reimers under pressure with a crap handball when he could've gone back for a shot on goal.

Overall, poor disposals and allowing easy passage for the Tiges to burst through the corridor were the biggest ass-raping factors.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Sismis wrote:No lube used either. I'm fuckng steaming ATM. My fave was froggy gets a 50 against him for tackling a guy who is over the mark, the next quarter tiger ****** does the same, but the umpire patiently explains that It's OK to tackle them when they go over the mark.

Hille takes a mark with a tiger hanging off his arm, no mark and no f****** free!

Anyone got the free count?

Its not the free count that matters here rather the frees they obviously chose not to pay against the other side or ignored when we were infringed

For what its worth it was 23/20 in our favour
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

robrulz5 wrote:Players throw the ball all the time now and get away with it. What I want to know is how Ryder and Hille could be pushed in the back and held in every contest and not get a free kick.
This. I'm sick of watching tall forwards being held. I think the AFL will clamp down on it soon. It's bordering on ridiculous now.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.