Maggots

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Re: Maggots

Post by robrulz5 »

I can't believe that not one of the three umpires saw the bump on Hocking.

Also a couple of times we didn't get a free kick and 10 seconds later North would get a free kick that we should have got. The McVeigh holding the ball in the last quarter was just after a North player had picked up the ball, taken 4 steps, was tackled then dropped the ball and no decision!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

robrulz5 wrote:I can't believe that not one of the three umpires saw the bump on Hocking.
umpire was 10m away looking straight at the incident... he saw it
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I agree with those who've said umpiring did not cost us the game.

But I also agree with those who've said there were some shocking decisions.

The two that stood out for me were:

(1) The deliberate out of bounds against Stanton - it was obvious he was trying to pass to Watson and he was kicking under some pressure, so misfired slightly. What point would there be in him putting it deliberately out of bounds up on the wing? Makes no sense at all.

(2) When Stanton was felled RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE BALD UMPIRE (I swear he was no more than two metres from the incident - it was right near me), he completely ignored it, virtually stepping over a fallen Stanton to then pay a free against Hardingham (I think it was) who came in and retaliated. HTF could he have "missed" the hit on Stanton? I suppose the same way he (or was it one of the other maggots) missed the hit on Hocking too.

Now I have done quite a lot of umpiring of school footy and I know that umps can't always see everything, but those two decisions were an absolute disgrace. There is no way, even as an "amateur", I would have missed those two. If that bald headed imbecile is not banished to the bush this coming week (remember when that used to happen to umpires who made mistakes - does it still ever happen now?), then it proves beyond a doubt that they are corrupt.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

billyduckworth wrote:

There is no way, even as an "amateur", I would have missed those two.
The thing is the AFL umpires are amateur, it isn't a full time position which it should be.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Umpiring did f****** cost us the f****** game... Directly so get the f*** over trying to say we were not good enough because we were but we got f***** in the rear by a bunch of retards

End
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

The umpiring today was an absolute disgrace.

All three of those maggots must be sacked next week without question.

Umpire Overland (which is what i was calling him all day) must get sacked from two jobs in one week. He likes the whistle as much as the corruption.!

I seriously think we may have won that game withouth their intervention. Hibberds' spoil was not a free kick. It was legit, and a very good one that resulted in a match winning goal.. disgrace

Stanton got felled in the 3rd qtr after kicking outside their 50; i didn';t see what happened next but for some amazing twist of fate, Nth were shooting for goal 5 metres out to get the break before 3qtr time. I still don't know what happend. ALl i know is that Stanton shouldve got a free that wasnt' paid.
Disgraceful.

Hardingham sees the ball out of bounds in the first qtr and somehow the whistle blows and nth get free kick from 20 mtrs out. Replays show the ball went out of bounds normally without incident. Amazingly the maggot paid a free kick to Petrie who had no idea why he was given the Sherrin. He proceeds to kick a goal from a tight angle. Absolute Disgrace!

Fletcher takes an almost uncontested mark in the second qtr. He somehow unfortunately made slight body contact with his opponent and the decison becomes a charity goal to NTh melb. The replay clearly shows no hands in the back. Disgrace again.

Heppell picked up a ball near the boundary, gets tackled over the line . Then gets done for holding the ball. This decision defy's belief. These people are going to live off the bones of their arse for the rest of the season.

Jeff Gieshan - get it together. You are training these people to be robots who don't feel what the game is about. We are constantly yelling at your people to get it right. Why can't they get it right?. You are costing us dearly. This is a big problem which may has just cost us our season.

Disgrace
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

bueller wrote:
Stanton got felled in the 3rd qtr after kicking outside their 50; i didn';t see what happened next but for some amazing twist of fate, Nth were shooting for goal 5 metres out to get the break before 3qtr time. I still don't know what happend. ALl i know is that Stanton shouldve got a free that wasnt' paid.
Disgraceful.

Hardingham sees the ball out of bounds in the first qtr and somehow the whistle blows and nth get free kick from 20 mtrs out. Replays show the ball went out of bounds normally without incident. Amazingly the maggot paid a free kick to Petrie who had no idea why he was given the Sherrin. He proceeds to kick a goal from a tight angle. Absolute Disgrace!

With the Stanton one we had a player come in and knock Thomas over, the umpire managed to see that one and not Stanton being knocked over.

The other one Petrie came in and ran into Hardingham after the ball had went out to Pears came in to remonstrate and bumped into Petrie who went down as if he'd been shot!
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

robrulz5 wrote:
bueller wrote:
Disgraceful.

With the Stanton one we had a player come in and knock Thomas over, the umpire managed to see that one and not Stanton being knocked over.

The other one Petrie came in and ran into Hardingham after the ball had went out to Pears came in to remonstrate and bumped into Petrie who went down as if he'd been shot!
Yes remember that now, still wasn't a free kick. It actually set tone for the day for those yellow pus filled maggots.
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

We can all say that we weren't good enough, didn't kick straight and all that.

But, like in other games this year - when you have ****** imbociles constantly changing the trend/ momentum of the f****** game with f****** shit decisions, it's hard to ****** win. I don't care how many ****** points we kicked at the start of the game, when you have c**** forever ruining the hard work that you do, it makes things almost impossible. Take those shit decisions out, we win - even with our shit play, shit kicking for goal etc.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gimps wrote:We can all say that we weren't good enough, didn't kick straight and all that.

But, like in other games this year - when you have ****** imbociles constantly changing the trend/ momentum of the f****** game with f****** shit decisions, it's hard to ****** win. I don't care how many ****** points we kicked at the start of the game, when you have c**** forever ruining the hard work that you do, it makes things almost impossible. Take those shit decisions out, we win - even with our shit play, shit kicking for goal etc.
Yeah, I think that's pretty well summed up.
Essendunny
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

FWIW.

27-21 their way.

Both sides received 4 in the forward and back halves.

Norf received their extra 6 in the mids ergo they got an extra 6 forward 50 from the cheats....and given they couldn't miss probably resulted in at least 4 goals. Possessions in toto were ~330 each; how is it possible that every 50/50 went their way and similar treatment not meted out to us? It defies logic.

Unfortunately, my daughter was rushed to hospital on Friday night (OK now) so unable go......but for you guys who were there, I have never heard booing such as what was coming out the box in 40 years. It was a gutteral continuous angry roar that the biased (as usual) commentators were forced to comment on continually. My brothers have confirmed so it was there.

This does take into account the downfield not paid to Stants or a free for a head high hit that knocked out HH, which apparently were "lawful".

Imagine if that game had been played at Windy Hill? They would never have got off the ground....even with the mounted cops. Dogs.

Anyone who doesn't believe these cheats do not have a bearing on a game..... [-X
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

While the umpiring was disgraceful ... their errors mostly came in the 2nd quarter onwards.

What cost us was our slack and lakisidasical first quarter... if the team wants to get the rub of the green from the umps ... they need to show that they have turned up to play right from the first bounce, and not rely on a run over the top win from behind.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

s'dreams wrote:.. if the team wants to get the rub of the green from the umps ... they need to show that they have turned up to play right from the first bounce, and not rely on a run over the top win from behind.
What, like against Freo where the umps gave them three bullshit free kicks from centre bounces in the first 5 minutes and basically iced the game for them then and there?

Go ahead and try and use all the logic you like to defend the umpiring, I have enough evidence to pick it all apart. The club should take the league to court, and if the league threatens to do anything, then take them to court again to get rid of the draft and cap as restraint of trades.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

robbie67 wrote:
s'dreams wrote:.. if the team wants to get the rub of the green from the umps ... they need to show that they have turned up to play right from the first bounce, and not rely on a run over the top win from behind.
What, like against Freo where the umps gave them three bullshit free kicks from centre bounces in the first 5 minutes and basically iced the game for them then and there?

Go ahead and try and use all the logic you like to defend the umpiring, I have enough evidence to pick it all apart. The club should take the league to court, and if the league threatens to do anything, then take them to court again to get rid of the draft and cap as restraint of trades.
Not logic Robbie ... I'm personally sick of the team giving a 3-6 goal lead through their not seeming to bother or click in the first quarter. What are they giving a handicap?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

s'dreams wrote:
robbie67 wrote:

Not logic Robbie ... I'm personally sick of the team giving a 3-6 goal lead through their not seeming to bother or click in the first quarter. What are they giving a handicap?
Yeah, but that's another issue. I'm sick of being ass f***** by this group of c****.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I don't want the rub of the green from them. I just want a fair go. A 50/50 split. No special treatment just fairness.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

[quote="robbie67] Yeah, but that's another issue. I'm sick of being ass f***** by this group of c****.[/quote]

Sorry Robbie ... its part of the AFL selection test ...
Q1. Chris Judd and Adam Goodes are to be protected. Explain why in 15 words or less.
Q2. Which team would you enjoy awarding soft frees against?
Q3. An Essendon player looks at you the wrong way ... what do you do?
Q4. You think Adam Goodes had his elbow impeded by the face of an opponent. Outline in 15 words or less the rationale for an auomaatic free and 50m penalty to A. Goodes.
Q5. Discuss the following trueism - All EFC forward line players can be held by the arms or grappled when the ball is more than 5m away, but their oppostion forwards can not be touched even slightly (10 words).

Thanks (S. McLaren and R Walls - Chief Examiners)
Last edited by s'dreams on Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Exactly BERT.

You expect to get some good and bad decisions for and against you and the opposition. However, over the last few weeks the umps have almost swallow the whistle getting it to their lips if there is one hint of free to be paid against us. Case in point first 3 dubious free in the Freo game. We have the ball for an nano second and its holding it the other side is rotated in tackle 720 degrees and incorrectly disposes and we get jack.

I still cant believe that Hibberd decision - that cost us the game pure and simple.

We cant all be paranoid conspiracy theorists. There does seem to be an agenda against us. Hence my thread "Why ?"
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Give a 50 metre penalty! It happened last year to Fletch for "demonsterative demeanour"
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

robrulz5 wrote:
Give a 50 metre penalty! It happened last year to Fletch for "demonsterative demeanour"
MJ copped one in Sydney a few years back for the same thing. I have never seen another club ever cop this. We have twice.