Are we shite

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.

Are we Shite

Yes
50%
No
50%

Total votes: 32

bueller
High Draft Pick

Re: Are we shite

Post by bueller »

Obviously we didn't start shite, and were very good and in the top four for 7 weeks. Not sure if that amounts to "Shite" as,. 7 weeks out of 11 have been superb

The last 4 weeks have shown signs of shite to poor to average and there are obvious reasons for that.

The Shite part of the season commenced as soon as our best onballers went out of the team. This had a major impact against Richmond and Melbourne where we couldn't get clear delivery into the forward 50. We still won clearances however our better ball users werne't there to supply our forwards. I also think that the Richmond game gave other sides a blue print as to how to beat us, with tackling pressure and press inside our forward 50 to break us down, then to run it out in numbers. This happened in the Melbourne game as well to great effect. We couldn't adapt to that pressure inside our 50 , and couldn't stop the flow out of our forward 50.
This was partly because we also became a little fatigued, as we worked the bones of our backsides off over those 7 weeks.

To be honest you all should be proud of the way this club performed for that period.
The first 5 games were the draw from hell. With some luck against Sydney and Carlton we could've been 6-1 after those 7 rounds.

The game against Freo was a disgrace and was more signs of lack of effort more than anything, once we got going we were right in the game after doing nothing for 3 qtrs. This shows we have the firepower to turn it on when 100% committed.

The North game was different in my mind as we showed signs of turning the corner back around again. We were the better side who then forgot how to win and put the finishing touches on an overall good performance.
I think we were hard at it, however things obviously didn't go our way. North seemed to know where to put the football in their forward 50 , and had better systems inside it. THey also had some things pulled out of their arse which always happens when things aren't going right for us.
And to top it off we got murdered by maggots which in the end cost us the game.

We are not shite.

I think this week we will turn around our season. I don't think we will let them roll over us.

Our pride as a club will turn this around. We are a better side than the last 5-6 years , and have the mechanisms to beat these sides .
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

rockhole wrote:Will this thread continue if we beat the Dawks???

Yes because it makes the losses to average teams like Richmond, Melbourne and North even more unacceptable!!!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Windy_Hill wrote:
rockhole wrote:Will this thread continue if we beat the Dawks???

Yes because it makes the losses to average teams like Richmond, Melbourne and North even more unacceptable!!!
It's Groundhogs Dayyyyyyy!!!!

This season is so ridiculously the same as last season I almost feel sick
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Brisbane, GC and Port Adelaide are shite. We are not. Until we lose to one of them.
robbie67 wrote:Our most skillful player is too lazy to chase, and is as soft as my cock when I think of Oprah.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Best line ever.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:We are the Shiteyest Shite Truck of a football team going around at the moment. Perhaps Brisbane could pip us but only because their dumbass coach ass raped their list.

We were soaking up fools gold early in the year - big wins against Bulldogs and Saints were deceiving at best - as it turns out they are crap and at that time of the season our Shite Team were if nothing else - super super fit.

Credible results against Sydney and Carlton but once again, our superior fitness kept us in games against what are now clearly better sides

Wins over Brisbane and West Coast - both strugglers of the last season (although WCE are clearly on the rise) were hard fought games where some warning signs were starting to appear. Luckily we played WCE in Melbourne or else our record this year would be even worse. What was clear was the other teams were approaching our level of fitness and perhaps our guys were suffering from some mid-season fatigue.

Of course the goal fest against Gold Coast was just one of those days. They were unlucky to come against Reimers for his once in 50 games "pearler". My 13 yr old son will be graduating from Uni when Kyle turns on one of those games again.

Of course the last 4 weeks have shown us up to be the the Shite team we really are - 4 winnable games for a side with top 8 aspirations. Epic Fail. No heart, no guts, no passion, no idea. Half the list are pretenders and the other half remain largely unproven. James Hird has an almighty job on his hands but strangely, I remain confident that we can still go places and that the basis for a strong team in the future is already in place.
Talk about changing your tune..
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:We are the Shiteyest Shite Truck of a football team going around at the moment. Perhaps Brisbane could pip us but only because their dumbass coach ass raped their list.

We were soaking up fools gold early in the year - big wins against Bulldogs and Saints were deceiving at best - as it turns out they are crap and at that time of the season our Shite Team were if nothing else - super super fit.

Credible results against Sydney and Carlton but once again, our superior fitness kept us in games against what are now clearly better sides

Wins over Brisbane and West Coast - both strugglers of the last season (although WCE are clearly on the rise) were hard fought games where some warning signs were starting to appear. Luckily we played WCE in Melbourne or else our record this year would be even worse. What was clear was the other teams were approaching our level of fitness and perhaps our guys were suffering from some mid-season fatigue.

Of course the goal fest against Gold Coast was just one of those days. They were unlucky to come against Reimers for his once in 50 games "pearler". My 13 yr old son will be graduating from Uni when Kyle turns on one of those games again.

Of course the last 4 weeks have shown us up to be the the Shite team we really are - 4 winnable games for a side with top 8 aspirations. Epic Fail. No heart, no guts, no passion, no idea. Half the list are pretenders and the other half remain largely unproven. James Hird has an almighty job on his hands but strangely, I remain confident that we can still go places and that the basis for a strong team in the future is already in place.

Totally. Back flipped, turnaround tommy, see saw sally, camp jumper jimmy, bandwagon abondoneer. I am all of those things and more. This football team has force me to become the thing I hate most - a spineless supporter. But f*** - I gave them plenty of opportunities!!!!
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Gimps wrote:

Totally. Back flipped, turnaround tommy, see saw sally, camp jumper jimmy, bandwagon abondoneer. I am all of those things and more. This football team has force me to become the thing I hate most - a spineless supporter. But f*** - I gave them plenty of opportunities!!!!
=D>
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Gimps wrote:

Good on you for admitting it. At least you are right now! :wink:
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Well frankly ... Im more stunned that there are 28 voter posters in here (with another 28-30 who don't want to make a choice or don't know how to)

... I thought I heard rumours of this place dying last year ... naaa

FANBLOODYTASTIC THAT THE PASSION IS BACK!!!!!

Keep it up BT's!
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

if we lose to Hawthorn tomorrow night with all their "outs" then it will hurt us massively.... it will simply mean that their midfield is simply far superior to ours and i think if we are going to be totally honest maybe 1 "inside" mid maybe Howlett or Lonergan and 1 "outside" mid maybe Winderlich needs to be replaced, not saying them in particular but at least along the lines of someone of the same ability.

Watson, Hocking and another A grader i think is needed to get this team performing more often, along with another A grade runner with a deadly kick (Reimers may be the option if he progresses well with the right attitude)

we can't keep losing to injury ravaged teams while ourselves keep under-performing due to our own injuries, even when our players come back from injury we make excuses about getting a game under their belt, other teams seem to get players back and they step up straight away...... i will admit they are usually the better players i guess (Scully, Barlow, Kruzer to name a couple)

thoughts?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I don't think we are shit. I think Knights had zero to work with and Hird has a slightly (ever so slightly) better list to work with. The disappointment comes from players who are between 25 and 30 who simply are not up to it (those that are left) . Our recruiting was a disgrace and unless we manage to trade for gun young players (no chance) or high draft picks (very unlikely) it will take time.

Take McVeigh as an example. He was pick 10 IIRC? He was also in the same couple of years of drafts as Bartel, Ling, Johnson, Corey. He is a similar age to Swan as well yet he is so far behind them it is sad. This isn't his fault, this is the fault of the previous regime (pre-Knights) where we got complacent.

The selection of players like Laycock, Harvey, Monfries (was he 1st round?) Bolton (1997) really hurt the club, as well as picking up aging players such as Zantuck, Allen (though he was useful for us), Campo, Murphy.

Knights and Hird have both used the PSD and rookie list to draft kids and give them games and so far that list includes Hardy, Hocking, Crameri, Howlett and a couple of others. If Sheeds had done that, who knows what may have been. It may be good to say so in hindsight, but everyone knew picking up the duds we did in the PSD was a temporary fix so he could get another contract.

By not having the top 2 or 3 picks (or at least wasting what we had) we did not pick up the gun midfielder of the same ilk as Thomas, Pendlebury, Murphy, Squibbs (soft but highly skilled), Hill etc.

The kids coming through will be ok, and so will Ryder. For years people wanted Hille to be cut, he is now our most important player. Both North Melbourne supporters wanted Petrie gone, alot of Collingwood supporters thought Cloke was shit. The younger ones will come good under Hird/Thompson/whoever else, they were brought in well by Knights, but the "shit part" comes from those higher up in the age bracket (Hille, Fletch and Watson excluded)
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Gimps wrote:

WH - Maybe you are using the wrong soil?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Rossoneri wrote:
Gimps wrote:

WH - Maybe you are using the wrong soil?
Well its not the fertilizer - plenty of manure going around
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Any of the 13 like to change their vote

I would like to change mine to we are f****** extraordinarily beyond belief shite
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Gold Coast would beat us at Windy Hill at the moment
Kakadu Kangaroos
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

bomberdonnie wrote:Any of the 13 like to change their vote
Now how about the 16? :P
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I voted no in the first place. :)
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

we are bloody superstars!

2011 Flag is ours to lose :wink:
Kakadu Kangaroos
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

j-mac31 wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:Any of the 13 like to change their vote
Now how about the 16? :P
If we lose to Richmond this will be bumped again demanding an apology :wink:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Every Dog has its Day, we happened to have ours against Geelong

Losing in the manner we did over the previous 5 weeks was simply a disgrace that cannot be forgiven

! would rather we have beaten Rich, Melb, Freo and North and be 9-1-4 than beat Geelong and be in the position we find ourselves now

Beating Geelong is another case of Bombers Fools Gold

As was the case in the Knights era, this team has an ability to cover over the cracks with the ocassional top drawer victory. And just as it was in the Knights era, we are still getting rolled by average going nowhere teams