Stevie Johnson

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: Stevie Johnson

Post by swoodley »

Sismis wrote:
rockhole wrote:Johnson (Stevie Jay :x Oh Please, Bruce!!) has reached the stage of his career whereby he believes that he plays the game on a different level to all others.

He is a selfish, self centred prick who is playing for number one. It was so heroic taking a dive to bleed a free and a goal from a 21 year old kid. He can really walk tall after such a gutless effort.

He reminds me a bit of Fabulous Leon in that he is always trying to pull of the miraculous rather than do the team thing so he can be bathed in glory from such syncophants like McAvaney on the rare occasions it comes off.

Wanker!!!
He is an out and out gun. Interesting you use the word heroic in there, because from a cats perspective it very nearly was. It gave them a goal when they desperately needed it. Played for and got. Clearly he is not going to get any boy scout badges for doing it, and if AFL had ever been really serious about stamping that stuff out then he would have been sited, but he saw an opportunity and he took it. Then less than a minute later pulls of off another of those miracles, which are apparantly so rare, to put them within a kick.

I for one would kill to have him on our team.
Well said Sis...if one of our players had milked a free like that, we would be saying how clever he was.

Sometimes the red and black glasses really blind some people to how good opposition players are.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I just hate players from any club taking a dive. One of the reasons I loath soccer.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

swoodley wrote:
Sismis wrote:
rockhole wrote:Johnson (Stevie Jay :x Oh Please, Bruce!!) has reached the stage of his career whereby he believes that he plays the game on a different level to all others.

He is a selfish, self centred prick who is playing for number one. It was so heroic taking a dive to bleed a free and a goal from a 21 year old kid. He can really walk tall after such a gutless effort.

He reminds me a bit of Fabulous Leon in that he is always trying to pull of the miraculous rather than do the team thing so he can be bathed in glory from such syncophants like McAvaney on the rare occasions it comes off.

Wanker!!!
He is an out and out gun. Interesting you use the word heroic in there, because from a cats perspective it very nearly was. It gave them a goal when they desperately needed it. Played for and got. Clearly he is not going to get any boy scout badges for doing it, and if AFL had ever been really serious about stamping that stuff out then he would have been sited, but he saw an opportunity and he took it. Then less than a minute later pulls of off another of those miracles, which are apparantly so rare, to put them within a kick.

I for one would kill to have him on our team.
Well said Sis...if one of our players had milked a free like that, we would be saying how clever he was.

Sometimes the red and black glasses really blind some people to how good opposition players are.
Really? Seems to me that one of the reasons why Monfries is not liked on this board is because he spends so much time playing for free kicks.

I still can't get over how that over-rated spud Rawlings got off.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Exactly right

I slammed Gus when he stitched Lewis up the other week as did others

Acting for free kicks is shit and should be f***** off out of the game