Ladder Predictor

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Re: Ladder Predictor

Post by Gyoza »

ZeroEffect wrote:
At the moment we are injury ridden and obviously out of form. There is still time to get players and form back, hopefully it happens sooner than later. .
A lot of what you said is right, but the massively frustrating thing is this just sounds so much like last year. I don't see much good coming from the rest of our season.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

What are we, year 11/12 into a 25 year contract to play at Ethihad Stadium (thank you Messers Jackson & McMahon).

I don't care what anyone says, we play more than any other team at Ethihad, and we suffer more soft tissue injuries than any other club.

Now I'm no sports science expert but surely the effect of playing 13+ games a year on top of a concrete car park roof has to play some sort of significant issue on our past decade of horrific injury lists.

No doubt it will continue again next year, despite now having Dean "The Weapon (the best in business)" Robinson as High Performance Manager. Then we will have to hear the next excuse, instead of short term pain for long term gain it will be some other PR bullshit, because of course the AFL would frown upon it if the club came out and said that the fact we are forced to play so often on the shithouse surface of Crapihad Stadium was a significant contributing factor (which I honestly feel the club believes given Hirdy's very tempered comments a few weeks ago hinting at it).

Whoever was involved with the decision to allow an AFL stadium's surface to only have 1.5 of soil above a concrete base deserves to be shot.

In terms of ladder prediction unless we are able to turn our form around significant and starting displaying the hunger and intensity at the ball, the man and the contest that we did at the start of the season, then I can only see us being realistic chances against Carlton and the Tigers (can't see us beating North if both teams current form hold and we will likely be destroyed by the Hawks, Crows and Pies if we continue to play like we did on Friday night).
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

I think we arn't entertaining a plan B quite yet as Hirdy and co want to get plan A right first and then start worrying about complicating the game plan further.... not the worst thing in the world but finals experience is priceless also

I trust Hirdy and Bombers idea's and plan, just hope it becomes second nature to the players sooner rather then later
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Jazz_84 wrote:I think we arn't entertaining a plan B quite yet as Hirdy and co want to get plan A right first and then start worrying about complicating the game plan further.... not the worst thing in the world but finals experience is priceless also

I trust Hirdy and Bombers idea's and plan, just hope it becomes second nature to the players sooner rather then later
Kinda sounds like Knights doesn't it?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

bomberdonnie wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:I think we arn't entertaining a plan B quite yet as Hirdy and co want to get plan A right first and then start worrying about complicating the game plan further.... not the worst thing in the world but finals experience is priceless also

Kinda sounds like Knights doesn't it?
not the last line
Kakadu Kangaroos
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

We are atrocious at the moment but we can stay in the 8 by winning the North/ Richmond and Carlton games.

I wouldnt risk anyone over in Adelaide. Unless Hurley and co are 100% right save their returns for those 3 games. By my latest go at the ladder predictor we'd play Geelong in week 1 of the finals 6 v 7.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I also have us playing Geelong, which means we'll get blasted out of the finals in the first week AGAIN!!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Geelong beating Adelaide just put another nail in
Kakadu Kangaroos