Knighta: Expert People manager...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Re: Knighta: Expert People manager...

Post by boncer34 »

Rossoneri wrote:Am I the only one concerned that a former great of the club is using inside information and stuff that should be kept in the inner-sanctum in order to make a $?
I understand your point Rosso but every autobiography these days has some "controversial" revealing to sell it. It is part and parcle of the publishing game these days so not really a big issue IMO.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

While I agree it's not a big issue, I cant help but think with Matty, he has always been Matty Lloyd first, Essendon FC second. Oh well, not everyone can be Hirdy.

Also say what you like about Knights, and no one was a bigger critic than me, he has always kept his trap shut. We should give him some credit, and respect just for that.
filthy2

Post by filthy2 »

robbie67 wrote:While I agree it's not a big issue, I cant help but think with Matty, he has always been Matty Lloyd first, Essendon FC second. Oh well, not everyone can be Hirdy.

Also say what you like about Knights, and no one was a bigger critic than me, he has always kept his trap shut. We should give him some credit, and respect just for that.
I think that there a million or so reasons plus a Confidentiality Agreement that MAY explain that Robbie. :wink:
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Was reading through the comments related to the following article from the hun's online site about Lloyd' revealing splits in the camp.

Thought it was rather amusing....sorry BD :wink:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/m ... 6098590513

luke of Melbourne Posted at 6:12 AM Today
Clearly getting Knights to the club was the worst decision since recruiting Ben Doolan....

Comment 13 of 35
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

I bought this book this morning as soon as i got home from work, i can't wait to read this

FINALLY we might get a REAL insight to the club and how the players go about different situations, i couldn't care less that some of our dirty laundry has been hung out because of this book, in fact i like it, everyone knew what was going on and honestly I think most people will like this even if they hate Essendon simply because it's something different then what they get from all the clubs these days and thats...... NOTHING

im sure Lloydy isn't doing this for the money.... an autobiography is exactly that, a story about the important times of your life, and a truthful story

also Robbie what makes you think Lloydy always put himself before the club?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I thought the book gets release August 1?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I think you will find that the club is a completely different place now than it was then

It is almost hard to believe that Knights was our coach this time last year
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Jazz_84 wrote:I bought this book this morning as soon as i got home from work, i can't wait to read this

FINALLY we might get a REAL insight to the club and how the players go about different situations, i couldn't care less that some of our dirty laundry has been hung out because of this book, in fact i like it, everyone knew what was going on and honestly I think most people will like this even if they hate Essendon simply because it's something different then what they get from all the clubs these days and thats...... NOTHING

im sure Lloydy isn't doing this for the money.... an autobiography is exactly that, a story about the important times of your life, and a truthful story

also Robbie what makes you think Lloydy always put himself before the club?
Just an outsiders opinion Jazz. No doubt he was a great player, but I believe he struggled with leadership, and it wasnt until that very last game, that he did a truly selfless act. A lot of our young players really didnt come on during his period, and that may very well be nothing to do with him. I think we may have benefited more if Hille had been made captain and Matty just been left to kick goals. That's purely a hindsight thing though.

I really struggled to warm to the guy late in his career, and maybe that is clouding my judgment. Living in Hird's shadow at Essendon would be no easy task.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Rossoneri wrote:I thought the book gets release August 1?
Credit card from the EFC website, arn't being sent out until the 25th it says when buying
robbie67 wrote:Just an outsiders opinion Jazz. No doubt he was a great player, but I believe he struggled with leadership, and it wasnt until that very last game, that he did a truly selfless act. A lot of our young players really didnt come on during his period, and that may very well be nothing to do with him. I think we may have benefited more if Hille had been made captain and Matty just been left to kick goals. That's purely a hindsight thing though.

I really struggled to warm to the guy late in his career, and maybe that is clouding my judgment. Living in Hird's shadow at Essendon would be no easy task.
highlighted part is something i never really thought about in terms of Lloyd being captain but can't argue with you, can't argue with any of what you said really but we'll get a better idea about his idea's and focus on being a leader once we read the book, im sure he wanted to be a good leader just hard when your own game is dwindling a little bit and so far away from the action most of the time
Kakadu Kangaroos
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

He never recovered from that Hammy injury.

Must be hard to sit in the stands and watch all season and the club wins 3 games. This in your first years as skipper.

Remember his 1st game as skipper against the Swans at Docklands. Swans were reigning premiers and Lloyd took them apart in the 1st quarter. Made them look 2nd rate. 2 weeks later he is gone for the year and was never the same player.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Jazz_84 wrote:
robbie67 wrote:Just an outsiders opinion Jazz. No doubt he was a great player, but I believe he struggled with leadership, and it wasnt until that very last game, that he did a truly selfless act. A lot of our young players really didnt come on during his period, and that may very well be nothing to do with him. I think we may have benefited more if Hille had been made captain and Matty just been left to kick goals. That's purely a hindsight thing though.

highlighted part is something i never really thought about in terms of Lloyd being captain but can't argue with you, can't argue with any of what you said really but we'll get a better idea about his idea's and focus on being a leader once we read the book, im sure he wanted to be a good leader just hard when your own game is dwindling a little bit and so far away from the action most of the time
Who's fault is that? The bloke at full-forward or the coaches'?
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Ossie wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:

Who's fault is that? The bloke at full-forward or the coaches'?
well that's exactly why i had never thought of it like that before but you throw in the word "captain" and the thought becomes somewhat plausible even if just a tiny bit, FWIW i wont be thinking about this at all, it's all done and dusted and i only think about the good things Lloydy did simple as that
Kakadu Kangaroos