The wisdom of Sismis

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Re: The wisdom of Sismis

Post by tonysoprano »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

too funny.

agree with BD - if you trawled back through all of our posts - all of us would be exposed as writing the odd foolish thing from time to time.

I guess Sismis just does it more than most? :wink:
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I have had my f****** fun, but Jesus H Christ.....

Can we please have someone finish in the top 100 in the brownlow or at the very least top 10 in our own B & F before we even consider using their name and champion in the same f****** sentance?
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

robbie67 wrote:Our Midfield June 2007:

We have an excellent negating midfeild Slatts, Pev, Nash, Mcveigh and Bolton.
f***...my sides have just about split in half after reading this one

and then it was followed by this one
robbie67 wrote:Our rated Guns (boy am I worried about Hooker after this one) August 2007:

Davey, Alwyn Gun
Lovett-Murray, Nathan Gun
McPhee, Adam Gun
Slattery, Henry Gun
Welsh, Andrew Gun
That's more positivity about Henry Slattery than even his own mother would give :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

Definitely some pearla's in there.

He is a decent guy though, just wears the rose tinited glasses to much thats all. I have had my run ins with him due to this sort of thing as well in the past. Started way back with Mr Cupido. Sismis used to defend him to the death saying Sheeds was being unfair, Cupes DID CHASE and defend etc, etc. Said it was a mistake to axe Cupes, though we all knew that it wasnt. Sismis just was blinded that by the fact Cupes was his boy, his fav player etc...

If you don the black and red sismis will defend them. Not a bad thing, but can be a frustrating thing for others at times. Sis is just loyal.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

He is a very decent fellow. I have had a drink with him before, and I will again. I just wonder sometimes if we are watching the same game.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Very funny stuff.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Give the producers of This Is Your Life a call Robbie. You may have found your calling.

Some gems in there. But as others have said, you could put such a list together for most posters on here, with the likely exception of yours truly.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Haha. Gold.

Poor old Sissy. Think we've had a few run-ins along the way because he loves protecting the bludgers & indolents (Cupido, Lovett, Laycock, Neagle etc), whereas they are the players i love to vent my spleen over. Once i realise someone's a bludger, i write them off and i'm rarely proved wrong.

Some of my worst calls i remember include rating Kepler Bradley (c. 2005 - loose man in defence is the easiest gig in the game) and hating Heath Hocking (c. 2008-9). I feel the only player i don't currently rate who has the chance to prove me wrong is Myers, the rest are proven rubbish and beyond redemption.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I loved Cupido as well. He could play. Pity he was a space cadet.

I also rated Kepler for a while. I thought Johns and Bullen would be great players for us as well.

I think I may have said Shane Harvey could be as good as his brother.

I never rated Solly when he started. Thought he was rubbish. He proved me wrong.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Al least some good will come of this. Having read though so much of my brilliance you cannot help but have improved yourself.

you'll be singing along to livin' on a prayer in no time!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Sorry Rob, but this is a poor thread to target just one poster. At least Sismis gives some of us pessimists some hope every now and then. I know you are only doing it in jest but come on. You are probably choosing sismis because he can have a laugh at himself when he makes some comparisons, but you're better than that.

Sismis probably backed Stanton from a young age and kept pumping up his tyres when everyone else wanted him gone.

You can probably dig up posts of BD in terms of Jay Nash, me in terms of Monfries and just about 98% of BT in terms of rubbishing Stants, and probably some of your own in which you have gone early.

I know some people did not want us to pick up Hurley or Rioli. I was hoping we would get Vickery. How wrong I was!!!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

But in keeping with the theme, these are some of the players I thought were going to be stars
- C Johns
- K Bradley
- D Walsh (yes)
- S Harvey

probably some others that I am too ashamed about.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Rossoneri wrote:But in keeping with the theme, these are some of the players I thought were going to be stars
- C Johns
- K Bradley
- D Walsh (yes)
- S Harvey

Was the Neagle avatar tounge in cheek - somethign about jumping on these broad shoulders? :)
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

gringo wrote:Give the producers of This Is Your Life a call Robbie. You may have found your calling.

Some gems in there. But as others have said, you could put such a list together for most posters on here, with the likely exception of yours truly.
Maybe you could check my sig Mr Gringo
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:But in keeping with the theme, these are some of the players I thought were going to be stars
- C Johns
- K Bradley
- D Walsh (yes)
- S Harvey

Was the Neagle avatar tounge in cheek - somethign about jumping on these broad shoulders? :)
Neagle, that was another one. No tongue in cheek in that one, I thought he would be a great player. He has the skill and the football brain, but lacks the attitude and heart to truly make it. Will end up going to GWS and be a decent enough player, but wont be a star unless he changes his attitude.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

swoodley wrote:
gringo wrote:Give the producers of This Is Your Life a call Robbie. You may have found your calling.

Maybe you could check my sig Mr Gringo
Watson was also junkity junk.

And alot of people bagged Hille early on.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

This is a classic thread ... and is on par with a Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair match in terms of entertainment (Ive put some popcorn on to get into the mood)

Its great to see passion and moderately reasonable research skills brought to the debate ... but alas, as far as I know none of us in here are elite professional sports coach (well apart from some claims from Gimps) ... we are passionate and opiniated supporters - so expect a strike rate on the left of the bell curve.

My own sins of prediction over the past five years include ...

Unfortunate wraps for: Harvey, Atkinson, Bradley, Marigliani, Allan, Michael, Still, Laycock, Bock, Knights and the dude from SA who lasted one year on a 2 year contact

Unfortunate (in hindsight) knocks for: Ryder this year, Heppell (on his drafting ... I was hoping for Atley or Prestia ... big :oops: there) and Jetta (though there's probably many more)

I think I got it right on Neagle, Slattery, Stanton (don't think Ive knocked him ... at least not too much), Henno, JC, Campo, Lovett and Lloydy

I also anticipate making many many more wrong calls in the future :D
Last edited by s'dreams on Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Rossoneri wrote:Sorry Rob, but this is a poor thread to target just one poster. At least Sismis gives some of us pessimists some hope every now and then. I know you are only doing it in jest but come on. You are probably choosing sismis because he can have a laugh at himself when he makes some comparisons, but you're better than that.

Sismis probably backed Stanton from a young age and kept pumping up his tyres when everyone else wanted him gone.

You can probably dig up posts of BD in terms of Jay Nash, me in terms of Monfries and just about 98% of BT in terms of rubbishing Stants, and probably some of your own in which you have gone early.

I know some people did not want us to pick up Hurley or Rioli. I was hoping we would get Vickery. How wrong I was!!!
Oh Rosso, if I didnt think he could take it and poke a bit of fun at himself, I wouldnt have even bothered.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

robbie67 wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Sorry Rob, but this is a poor thread to target just one poster. At least Sismis gives some of us pessimists some hope every now and then. I know you are only doing it in jest but come on. You are probably choosing sismis because he can have a laugh at himself when he makes some comparisons, but you're better than that.

Oh Rosso, if I didnt think he could take it and poke a bit of fun at himself, I wouldnt have even bothered.
Yeah I figured that, I mentioned that in my post.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

robbie67 wrote:Our Midfield June 2007:

We have an excellent negating midfeild Slatts, Pev, Nash, Mcveigh and Bolton.
simply hilarious, i can laugh cause i've had equally funny idea's about some of our players, i was happy when we recruited Campo #-o i almost lost my shit when we got Prismall (still like him though) it's taken me years to resort to the fact Gumby isn't going to deliver us 100 goals a year

always loved Stanton though, im proud of keeping the faith
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals