Elim Final- Bendigo vs Bullants

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Re: Elim Final- Bendigo vs Bullants

Post by billyduckworth »

uptick wrote:
billyduckworth wrote:I watched a fair bit of the game on TV (must have been bored because we had the bye?).

Yep, the standard was pretty poor, especially in the first half.

Yep, our Essendon listed players didn't really show that much. The smaller brigade (Dyson, Colyer, H Slattery, Lonergan) had a few touches but never dominated the game like they should if they are really AFL standard. The big guys (Gumbelton, Neagle) did nothing at all to suggest they can make it at AFL level. I thought some of the Bendigo listed players such as Shinners and Deutscher (spelling?) looked better.
No .51 Campbell the Bombers ruckman was a standout, the rest, well, best forget.
Yeah, Campbell did look pretty impressive. Do you know anything about him? I assume he is not on the Essendon list (otherwise I would have heard of him before I suppose).
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

billyduckworth wrote:
uptick wrote:
billyduckworth wrote:I watched a fair bit of the game on TV (must have been bored because we had the bye?).

Yep, the standard was pretty poor, especially in the first half.

Yep, our Essendon listed players didn't really show that much. The smaller brigade (Dyson, Colyer, H Slattery, Lonergan) had a few touches but never dominated the game like they should if they are really AFL standard. The big guys (Gumbelton, Neagle) did nothing at all to suggest they can make it at AFL level. I thought some of the Bendigo listed players such as Shinners and Deutscher (spelling?) looked better.
No .51 Campbell the Bombers ruckman was a standout, the rest, well, best forget.
Yeah, Campbell did look pretty impressive. Do you know anything about him? I assume he is not on the Essendon list (otherwise I would have heard of him before I suppose).
No know nothing, but he might get picked up by someone next year, probably not us, but he could be a bit of prospect.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Boncer (I think it was) has said before that the Bendigo Bombers have problems getting players for the Bendigo (alone) listed players because they can earn more playing country footy than they can playing for a VFL side.

I suppose the players from the local area that will decide to play for a VFL side like Bendigo are the blokes who reckon they are good enough that they have a hope of being selected as a mature age rookie and get another shot at AFL footy.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

ealesy wrote:Boncer (I think it was) has said before that the Bendigo Bombers have problems getting players for the Bendigo (alone) listed players because they can earn more playing country footy than they can playing for a VFL side.

I suppose the players from the local area that will decide to play for a VFL side like Bendigo are the blokes who reckon they are good enough that they have a hope of being selected as a mature age rookie and get another shot at AFL footy.
Yes you'd reckon, those types would "happily" put in a couple of years at a team like Bendigo, and hope to get noticed.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.