AFLSSR

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boris
On the Rookie List

Re: AFLSSR

Post by boris »

Plastic chickens named after me?
electrickery
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Jazz_84 wrote:i thought the AFL agreed to giving us an extra $3m for the facilities??? oh well we're screwed anyway, the fans arn't going to get anywhere near $5m
At the rate we're going, we should have enough to build a fence around one of the grounds by 2015!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

little_ripper wrote: it could actually win the club quite a few more supporters which could replace lost revenue...
nothing could ever come close to replacing pokie and betting agency income, we'd be crippled without them
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

I don't believe the money the AFL has promised us for building the new facilities is included in this figure, given that they pledged this money to us before the TV Rights deal was struck and they have consistently given clubs money to upgrade their facilities.

This is purely what our cut of the TV Rights money is compared to other clubs.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Jazz_84 wrote:
little_ripper wrote: it could actually win the club quite a few more supporters which could replace lost revenue...
nothing could ever come close to replacing pokie and betting agency income, we'd be crippled without them
we actually aren't overly reliant on Pokies, the three clubs bleating loudest about the Pokies are Collingwood, Hawks and Carlton, they are the ones that will take the biggest hit, if these laws are introduced. It will hurt us if the laws go through, but it wouldn't cripple us.

Would be sweet f****** Karma though if it does go through and f**** Carlton given Bruce Mattheson took his a heap of his pokie licenses off other clubs to give to his beloved Blues.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

ealesy wrote: we actually aren't overly reliant on Pokies, the three clubs bleating loudest about the Pokies are Collingwood, Hawks and Carlton, they are the ones that will take the biggest hit, if these laws are introduced. It will hurt us if the laws go through, but it wouldn't cripple us.

Would be sweet f****** Karma though if it does go through and f**** Carlton given Bruce Mattheson took his a heap of his pokie licenses off other clubs to give to his beloved Blues.
f*** me that club just keeps getting lower and lower.....

well if this is all true then i guess if we are hit much less then those 3 clubs then bring it on!
Kakadu Kangaroos
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

It's good business. The AFL needs to ensure that there are 9 games a week into the future, out past the duration of the next television rights deal, in order to sustain growth in TV revenue.

If North Melbourne, the Bulldogs and Port Adelaide disappear up their own collective asses, that's two games a week the AFL can kiss goodbye.
boris
On the Rookie List

Post by boris »

Imagine what Collingwood, Carlton and to a lesser extent Hawthorn supporters would do without pokies............
electrickery
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

boris wrote:Imagine what Collingwood, Carlton and to a lesser extent Hawthorn supporters would do without pokies............
produce more Collingwood, Carlton and Hawks supporters?
Kakadu Kangaroos
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

To lower the debate in here to a level I can understand.

Its not the size that matters, its how you use it that counts.

And until recently we aint been using it well.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

little_ripper wrote:without hijacking this thread on to a different topic. I would love for Essendon to come out and give gambling the big f*** OFF.

get rid of bombersbet for starters and get rid of the pokies.
ealesy wrote:we actually aren't overly reliant on Pokies, the three clubs bleating loudest about the Pokies are Collingwood, Hawks and Carlton, they are the ones that will take the biggest hit, if these laws are introduced. It will hurt us if the laws go through, but it wouldn't cripple us.

I'd also love to see us get rid of the pokies. Dirty money.

And while we may not be overly reliant on the pokies, we have the third-most of the Victorian clubs, only 1 behind Collingwood.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

For all those crapping on about gambling I am sure you also want us to stop selling alcohol?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

bomberdonnie wrote:For all those crapping on about gambling I am sure you also want us to stop selling alcohol?
People with alcohol problems don't go to the footy to get over priced watered down mid-strength beer. They buy goon.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

j-mac31 wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:For all those crapping on about gambling I am sure you also want us to stop selling alcohol?
People with alcohol problems don't go to the footy to get over priced watered down mid-strength beer. They buy goon.
Funny
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I was trying to make a serious point though - clubs owning pokies is a different situation to selling alcohol at games or at club-owned venues.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

j-mac31 wrote:I was trying to make a serious point though - clubs owning pokies is a different situation to selling alcohol at games or at club-owned venues.
Yes it is because alcohol ruins thousands and thousands of lives every year and also kills quite a few ... Not saying that gambling doesn't but it is a drop in the ocean in comparison
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

bomberdonnie wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:I was trying to make a serious point though - clubs owning pokies is a different situation to selling alcohol at games or at club-owned venues.
Yes it is because alcohol ruins thousands and thousands of lives every year and also kills quite a few ... Not saying that gambling doesn't but it is a drop in the ocean in comparison
I know, but there are so many liquor outlets. And the AFL and clubs don't sell the really cheap stuff.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Also pokie machines aren't really gambling.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

j-mac31 wrote:Also pokie machines aren't really gambling.
No it is gaming but I still stand by alcohol being a much bigger evil whether we sell goon or grange
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

You don't thunk that the guy who sits at the bar drinking 20 ten oz beers is an alco? Really?