Clubs' travel to WANG..

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Re: Clubs' travel to WANG..

Post by Western Red »

Excuse my ignorance, but WTF is all the talk about "splitting the 4 points"????

It's a practice game right? Who gives a f*** - if it does not give premiership points what points do you get from these pactice games. And can they be redeemed at Chucky Cheese or something?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Western Red wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but WTF is all the talk about "splitting the 4 points"????

It's a practice game right? Who gives a f*** - if it does not give premiership points what points do you get from these pactice games. And can they be redeemed at Chucky Cheese or something?
Beats me!

I think the AFL is getting caught up in its own world of glorified importance.

I couldn't give less of a shit at the moment. I am yet to see one kick in teh NAB Cup this season. And I won't. I have never been so disinterested in the pre-season comp in all my life.

Wake me up when the real stuff starts...

Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

So in terms of preparation, does the club need to arrange another match or even just an intra-club game - or not worry?
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

The NAB Cup Grand Final particpants are decided on by the total results of all NAB Cup games over the preseason. The top two teams on the ladder play in the GF at the end.
I'm guessing you're assuming we're out of the NAB Cup and this was just a practice game - not so this year.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

This event is the most exciting thing that has come out of the " NAB PRACTICE MATCH SERIES" so far. Probably for the entire series !!

Now with the Aint's demanding the 4 points , well give it to them who cares !!! They ain't gonna do anything in the series anyhow. Actually better still have the " 2 up " - toss of a coin procedure ( real professional idea from the AFL) & if we win it imagine the uproar from the Aint's.

Watters ( i've grown to dislike him already) has been whinging & bleating all night , must have taken whingings lessons from Nic Revolt, plus "Little dic" Del Santo having his say on twitter , & even a State Govt. Minister having his say & are all having a crack at the Bombers.

All our fault is it? The AFL approved the travel arrangements & it must have been our fault that rain of biblical proportions fell in Wangaratta , Hirdy must be God after all !!. The pilot's could'nt land after 3 attempts so imagine the scene if a disaster occurred in trying a dangerous landing just to play a meaningless game . Then the shit would really be on. But I do feel for the locals not being able to see the game due to the unforeseen torrential rains, however safety comes first. I'm sure the Aint's would have preferred to have flown if they were'nt broke & could only afford a bus.

Well from my sources apart from players being sick, one plane almost ran out of fuel & had to make an unscheduled landing at Tullamarine instead of Essendon airport as it only had sufficient fuel for 1 attempt at landing. A serious disaster was narrowly & fortunately averted & yet the Aint's are complaining about not getting 4 points in a "who cares" practice match. I hope we smash them & stick it up Watters & Co when we play them in the REAL SEASON.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

Windy_Hill wrote:So in terms of preparation, does the club need to arrange another match or even just an intra-club game - or not worry?
The Bombers are having a intraclub game on Sunday morning.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Ronny Rotten wrote:This event is the most exciting thing that has come out of the " NAB PRACTICE MATCH SERIES" so far. Probably for the entire series !!

Now with the Aint's demanding the 4 points , well give it to them who cares !!! They ain't gonna do anything in the series anyhow. Actually better still have the " 2 up " - toss of a coin procedure ( real professional idea from the AFL) & if we win it imagine the uproar from the Aint's.

Watters ( i've grown to dislike him already) has been whinging & bleating all night , must have taken whingings lessons from Nic Revolt, plus "Little dic" Del Santo having his say on twitter , & even a State Govt. Minister having his say & are all having a crack at the Bombers.

All our fault is it? The AFL approved the travel arrangements & it must have been our fault that rain of biblical proportions fell in Wangaratta , Hirdy must be God after all !!. The pilot's could'nt land after 3 attempts so imagine the scene if a disaster occurred in trying a dangerous landing just to play a meaningless game . Then the shit would really be on. But I do feel for the locals not being able to see the game due to the unforeseen torrential rains, however safety comes first. I'm sure the Aint's would have preferred to have flown if they were'nt broke & could only afford a bus.

Well from my sources apart from players being sick, one plane almost ran out of fuel & had to make an unscheduled landing at Tullamarine instead of Essendon airport as it only had sufficient fuel for 1 attempt at landing. A serious disaster was narrowly & fortunately averted & yet the Aint's are complaining about not getting 4 points in a "who cares" practice match. I hope we smash them & stick it up Watters & Co when we play them in the REAL SEASON.
Remember the "lights out" game?

Oh how the Saints whinged when we were allowed to make changes to the team when the match had to be completed on the Tuesday night! Both teams could do it - but because we brought in JAMES HIRD, they cried like little girls....

Common sense says both teams share the points. End of story. Any other idea/concept other than a re-scheduled game or sharing of points is just stupidity. But I guess they'll come up with something stupid....
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Update: Monfries takes a dive take 2

dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote:Update: Monfries takes a dive take 2

:lol: =D>
Essendunny
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

least this might drive us even more to beat these girls in the real season

i havn't seen even 1 second of Essendon this year.... im itching to see something, hope we hear good news from today's club game
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Dare I say it, we have so much wood on the Saints, even if we dont turn up, they still cant beat us!! :P :P
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

All is not lost. We didn't lose, no injuries, some mid flight weight loss and a great marketing op for the jumpers that were never used.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

anyone know how this morning's hit out went?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

took this from BB, can't stop laughing!

Kakadu Kangaroos
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill...

Anyone would think that we a) flew every single player in their own private Learjet, b) didn't actually want to play the game at all and c) deliberately avoided landing in Wang

Because abandoning a glorified practice match is so much more important than the safety of the aircraft, the passengers on the aircraft and the safety of those on the ground!

Little Dal Santo and Cry Me a River of Watters can have their precious 4 freakin' points to go towards the 'Aints' Mickey Mouse Cup total - we'll quite happily and rightfully earn the 4 points that matter during the season proper, when it actually counts!

Kudos to the creator of the Capt. Schettino piece, too! Gold!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The shit St.Kilda is spouting is ridiculous for a practice match, they are just so desperate to win anything and the NAB cup is their best chance of winning something.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

So the AFL knew and approved our travel plans for the game and now take the points off us when we can't get there.

With that precedent I hope that a sides bus doesn't break down on the way to Geelong.

This has the stench of Adrian Anderson all over it.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

BERT wrote:So the AFL knew and approved our travel plans for the game and now take the points off us when we can't get there.

With that precedent I hope that a sides bus doesn't break down on the way to Geelong.

This has the stench of Adrian Anderson all over it.
YOU THINK???

Here it is from AFL.com.au

AFL operations manager Adrian Anderson acknowledged the decision to abandon the match and award the points to the Saints was unusual.

"The AFL has resolved that the circumstances were not beyond Essendon's control because the club could have initially arranged an earlier flight or taken more reliable travel options that were available to them. We do acknowledge however, that Essendon did have a bus on standby in the case of the airlines indicating that it was not possible to travel," Anderson said.

"Essendon has informed the AFL they were assured by the airline operators that the aircraft could reach Wangaratta based on the weather forecast at the time of departure. Clearly flying conditions changed dramatically over the course of the flight and the repeated efforts by the pilots to land in the region were only thwarted by the shocking weather conditions and related safety considerations."

I really dont know how people can walk past this c*** without spitting on him.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

So St Kilda got the four points...who really gives a flying f***?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

swoodley wrote:So St Kilda got the four points...who really gives a flying f***?
They can have 104 points. Who gives a shit!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark