Votes vs Scum

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Votes vs Scum

Post by BenDoolan »

bomberdonnie wrote:I notice that Hocking hasn't received any votes ( myself included) fair chance that he would have gotten a few from the coaches??

Judd did nothing yesterday
Check mine ^
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

BenDoolan wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:I notice that Hocking hasn't received many votes ( myself included) fair chance that he would have gotten a few from the coaches??

Check mine ^
Fixed
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Watched the match today!!! What a performance!!

5- Stants
4- Crameri (pity about his goal kicking )
3- Watto
2- Hibbo
1- TB

Mentions to Hocking, Heppell, Hardingham and Davey
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

5 - Stanton
4 - Bellchambers
3 - Hibberd
2 - Crameri
1 - Watson

Loved watching Belly and Hibbo's work today. The future is looking good.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:I notice that Hocking hasn't received any votes ( myself included) fair chance that he would have gotten a few from the coaches??

Check mine ^
And mine.

Him not getting votes is typical of how people view the game....the votes generally always go to those players who stand out which is usually midfielders or forwards who kick a bag.

That's why awards like the Crichton are a better indicator of a players value to the team than the Brownlow or all the media awards.

Hocking's shutdown on Judd was super important as Judd obviuosly has the ability to tear a game apart...he neve had that opportunity yesterday.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Check mine ^
And mine.

Him not getting votes is typical of how people view the game....the votes generally always go to those players who stand out which is usually midfielders or forwards who kick a bag.

That's why awards like the Crichton are a better indicator of a players value to the team than the Brownlow or all the media awards.

Hocking's shutdown on Judd was super important as Judd obviuosly has the ability to tear a game apart...he neve had that opportunity yesterday.
Hocking's ability to rise to the occasion for these tasks is exceptional. He's done a number of quality jobs on Judd now. Hocko reminds me of Shane Heard in this regard.
Essendunny
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

F111 wrote:Stanton would have at least 6 brownlow votes wouldn't he?
In The Age, Jobe is equal first with J Selwood and Kennedy (Sydney) and Paddy is 9th. Stanton not in the top 10.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

swoodley wrote:5. Stanton
4. Watson
3. Crameri
2. Hocking
1. Hibberd

No passengers at all and I could have given votes to a number of others.

What I liked most was that Judd, Murphy, Kreuzer, Betts, Gartlett, Gibbs and Scotland were all largely ineffective which shows what a great shut down job was done.
Good votes, although re: Scum players - Betts kicked 4 and Murphy and Simpson both got about 30 touches. they were decent. Judd was quiet.(good job hocking).

Stanton took 17 marks :shock: I would love to know how many kms he covers in a game.(and how it measures up across the comp). Cos he pulled in 28 uncontested possies. The running man.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

From the "Special Mentions" dept.

Hocking
Jake
Sammy
Benny H.

Shut down that midfield something chronic!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark