A New Look at our Most Important and Best Players

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: A New Look at our Most Important and Best Players

Post by Gimps »

Really, what is wrong with Hocking's form? Destroyed Judd, then had 15 touches, 7 tackles and a goal on Weds. Considering our best was 25 touches, his numbers aren't that bad..
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Hocking is the least of our worries
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I reckon Howlett and Lonergan have been in better touch than Hockung this year. Personally, I would like to see him take on a more attacking role as he is one helluva a player
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Windy_Hill wrote:I reckon Howlett and Lonergan have been in better touch than Hocking this year. Personally, I would like to see him take on a more attacking role as he is one helluva a player
Me too, but eg, Howlett doesn't impress me as a stopper, so who can we use in the role?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

F111 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:I reckon Howlett and Lonergan have been in better touch than Hocking this year. Personally, I would like to see him take on a more attacking role as he is one helluva a player
Me too, but eg, Howlett doesn't impress me as a stopper, so who can we use in the role?
Dare I say it - Kyle Reimers. This guy is too talented to be sitting in the ressies and needs to be re-invented. Has the strength, pace and mongrel to be a good go-with type player and probably needs a "role" to perform as he tends to get lost too easily as a forward
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:
F111 wrote:
Dare I say it - Kyle Reimers. This guy is too talented to be sitting in the ressies and needs to be re-invented. Has the strength, pace and mongrel to be a good go-with type player and probably needs a "role" to perform as he tends to get lost too easily as a forward
He's as loose as your old undies :wink:
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Luke Davis has been playing very well as a tagger in the VFL.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

I would have to say Leroy Jetta would be in that top 10.

He kicks a couple a game, has a couple of assists, and most importantly averages 4 tackles a game. And most of his tackles are ones that stick, and put considerable pressure on the opposition. His disposals are effective and IMO easily in our top 10 most important.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Jetta and Davey have made a considerable diffence to the forward line this year.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Gnome Chomsky
Top Up Player

Post by Gnome Chomsky »

Gimps wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
F111 wrote:
He's as loose as your old undies :wink:

I remember sitting on the wing in our second game against Collingwood in 2010 and watching Reimers playing in defence on Didak. Didak musnt have showered since his night out with his muderous bikie mate because Reimers refused to go near him.

I just cant see Reimers having the focus to tag.
States are not moral agents, people are, and can impose moral standards on powerful institutions - Noam Chomsky
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I tell you, Sammy Lonrgan might be making a dash for a top 10 slot at the rate he is going. Superb again today
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Some well earned media attention given to Benny Howlett this week. I have to admit, I though having him at number three on my list would attract a few raspberrries but I think most BT'ers are like me and are just loving the way this guy is going about his business
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
F111 wrote:
well given Skipworth has said this week that Riemers is struggling he may need to re-invent himself to get back playing AFL footy
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Jazz_84 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
F111 wrote:
well given Skipworth has said this week that Riemers is struggling he may need to re-invent himself to get back playing AFL footy
I think things are looking pretty bleak for Reimers. Unfortunate as he has so much talent. Hopefully things improve, but he seems to be having difficulty finding a role he can play at senior level. Looked good coming from the backline and playing in the midfield in the twos last year but the coaches don't seem to have the faith to do that at afl level.