West Coast - The Real Test

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: West Coast - The Real Test

Post by Windy_Hill »

Without getting ahead of ourselves here (and lets be honest, that's a classic Essendon supporter trait) - if we beat the Eagles then its reasonable to assume that we will be 9-1 after 10 rounds.

I am going to assume that you will need at least 14 wins for a 4th place finish (The Eagles had 17 wins laast year but that was a slight blip)

From Round 10 we play

Rnd 11 - vs Syd @ES - Win
Rnd 12 - vs BYE
Rnd 13 - vs Fre @PS - Loss
Rnd 14 - vs WB @ES - Win
Rnd 15 - vs StK @ES - Win
Rnd 16 - vs Port @AS - Win
Rnd 17 - vs Gee @ES - Loss
Rnd 18 - vs Haw @ES - Loss
Rnd 19 - vs Ade @AS - Loss
Rnd 20 - vs NM @ES - Win
Rnd 21 - vs Car @MCG - Loss
Rnd 22 - vs Ric @MCG - Win
Rnd 23 - vs Coll @MCG - Loss

The above outcome would give us 15 wins for the season and there is every chance we may produce 1 more as I have been pretty conservative in the games vs Car/Coll
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I would be completely dumbfounded if 14 wins saw us getting into 4th... Would be more like 6th or 7th
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:I despise West Coast. Hate Worsfold and Sumich (if he's still in their box). Hate the f****** lot of 'em. Hope we go out and knock them off their perch.
Ah BD....you have to live in Perth before you can truly hate the c**** (I rarely use that word but it is appropriate for this mob).

There is no team on earth that I would barrack against if the eagles were playing them.

Win this week and I will be a very happy man (at least until the finals :wink: ).
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:I despise West Coast. Hate Worsfold and Sumich (if he's still in their box). Hate the f****** lot of 'em. Hope we go out and knock them off their perch.
I'm pretty sure Sumich quit for Fremantle. :shock:
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Itsmyshow wrote:
Ossie wrote:All this 'what are we aiming for' and 'are we a top four side' is f****** bullshit. Just aim to win each week. I know it's a cliche but f*** me dead, looking 18 weeks down the track and wondering if we can get a double chance or a home final or any of that shit means nothing now. Just beat West Coast.
As supporters we can hope for or aim for whatever the **** we like, that's why we are supporters.. People can have an opinion on where they would like to see the side aiming for, internally they will handle their business, externally we can speculate all we ****ing like, and I will continue to do so at my leisure!!!!!!
=D> Let rip old mate! Must be the PMS :lol:
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I guess it sort of goes without saying, but we really need to man them up at the centre bounces when Naitanui is in the ruck.

Say what you will about Naitanui, but you can't question his leap. I saw the second half of their game against Richmond recently and he got them easy centre clearances by jumping over his opponent and tapping it backwards over his head to someone standing on their own. Kerr, S Selwood, Priddis and co. are great clearance players as it is, we don't need to be giving them any free centre breaks.

Which reminds me that Kerr is playing f****** awesomely again.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:Without getting ahead of ourselves here (and lets be honest, that's a classic Essendon supporter trait) - if we beat the Eagles then its reasonable to assume that we will be 9-1 after 10 rounds.

I am going to assume that you will need at least 14 wins for a 4th place finish (The Eagles had 17 wins laast year but that was a slight blip)

From Round 10 we play

Rnd 12 - vs BYE
Rnd 14 - vs WB @ES - Win
Rnd 20 - vs NM @ES - Win

The above outcome would give us 15 wins for the season and there is every chance we may produce 1 more as I have been pretty conservative in the games vs Car/Coll
We'll get r*ped by the umpires in Perth, and we don't play well there, so a likely loss against Freo.

I give us a sniff against the Hawks at Etithad, can win. Same with the Adelaide game. I'm looking forward to seeing them start to crumble over the next month, leaving them devoid of confidence. And yeah, anything can happen against Carl/ Coll.

If we knock of West Coast, and take care of the "lessor" teams, I think we can hit 16 wins. May be wishful thinking, but it's a possibility (if the other half of our list doesn't get injured).
jorayme
Top Up Player

Post by jorayme »

Sumo is an assistant at the shockers.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

The pickled legs of pork got rubbed out for 2
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Paddy was cleared for his bitch slap
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Hey those West Coasters really hate us. You should log on to their version of BT. I had no idea we even cam up on their radar (they sure as hell dont come up on ours apart from some silly scarf waving)

Cop a load of this
by Crazy Dazz on Sun May 06, 2012 9:32 pm

Very disappointed that HATE week is off to such a slow start.
I could start with a list of their vile evilness, but it’s too time consuming. Suffice to say that my hatred for them has only grown since Tird white-anted Knights and took his job.

After beating some pretty ordinary sides, the vile scum are masquerading as a half-decent team, and it behoves us to put them in their place.
Fortunately we will treat them with the contempt they deserve by sending only half our usual players.

or this
by fordy on Sun May 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Now, now, I think we should all think of nice things to say about Essendon.

Like - Greg Williams never played for those [Greg Williams].

And - if the Essendon team bus crashed off a cliff with no survivors, I would say it was a terrible day for football.
(I wouldn't mean it, but I'd say it.)
or this
by Crazy Dazz on Mon May 07, 2012 12:09 am

Why is everyone so worried about the scum?
They barely scraped a victory against the roos by 2 points, apart from that the only team of any repute they have beaten is the tank, who are just another bunch of pretenders.
They were even beaten by the filth.
NN will be back, F-Mac should be available if we need him, Brown into defence. Etihad will suit our tall forwards and I believe we have learnt a few things against the Tigers last week.
I still reckon that the Swans, filth, Cats, Crows, Hawks, and maybe tank will be tough to beat on their day. Scum are just a bump on the road to September.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

As Swoods said - you really have to have lived in or be a West Australian to understand what utter wankers their supporters are! Hate them with a passion and never got on the band wagon back in the early 90's when the chardonnay set evolved! Remember Sheeds and Hirds last game at Subi when we slammed on all those goals in the last qtr and nearly robbed them - kids crying in their seats and utter silence from the supporters - more noise from the 10% Essendon supoorters in the crowd when the WC Wankers really needed their "supporters" to get behind them!

I havent seen the last couple of games (been travelling and no time to download) but from what I have seen we should be able to get over them with the boys having lots of confidence and self belief this season.

Bombers by 17.....
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote:Hey those West Coasters really hate us. You should log on to their version of BT. I had no idea we even cam up on their radar (they sure as hell dont come up on ours apart from some silly scarf waving)

Cop a load of this
by Crazy Dazz on Sun May 06, 2012 9:32 pm

Very disappointed that HATE week is off to such a slow start.
I could start with a list of their vile evilness, but it’s too time consuming. Suffice to say that my hatred for them has only grown since Tird white-anted Knights and took his job.

After beating some pretty ordinary sides, the vile scum are masquerading as a half-decent team, and it behoves us to put them in their place.
Fortunately we will treat them with the contempt they deserve by sending only half our usual players.

or this
by fordy on Sun May 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Now, now, I think we should all think of nice things to say about Essendon.

Like - Greg Williams never played for those [Greg Williams].

And - if the Essendon team bus crashed off a cliff with no survivors, I would say it was a terrible day for football.
(I wouldn't mean it, but I'd say it.)
or this
by Crazy Dazz on Mon May 07, 2012 12:09 am

Why is everyone so worried about the scum?
They barely scraped a victory against the roos by 2 points, apart from that the only team of any repute they have beaten is the tank, who are just another bunch of pretenders.
They were even beaten by the filth.
NN will be back, F-Mac should be available if we need him, Brown into defence. Etihad will suit our tall forwards and I believe we have learnt a few things against the Tigers last week.
I still reckon that the Swans, filth, Cats, Crows, Hawks, and maybe tank will be tough to beat on their day. Scum are just a bump on the road to September.
Can you please let me know which site this is? Hopefully I can get on there and troll it up..
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Gimps just ggogle west coast fan forums
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I'm in.. under the name "Copping Heady" :lol:
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Submitted my first post. It has to be apporved by the moderators.. Give me a spell.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

who knows with footy, we could get absolutely ripped by injuries.
we are playing well, but its May, not August/September.

Whats good is that the club really looks like it takes a week at a time. Puts a lot of homework into each opponent etc.

This current side won't hit its straps until I reckon next year or the year after.

regarding West Coast. I think a lot will rest on whether or not Crameri and Hurley are right. We cannot win without at least one of them, ideally both.

I am also a bit concerned about Josh Hill of all players. Slotted 4 goals last week as a small forward, so obviously enjoying a bit of form and we are down our best small shutdown defender in Hibberd.

Eagles midfield looks quite strong. I do hope that Nic Nat is under a genuine injury cloud as a win in the ruck will be massive there.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

that guy that said that about the bus falling off a cliff should expect a kick to the nuts by a horse anytime soon, honestly what a c*** thing to say, we don't even say that about the Scum around here
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Jazz_84 wrote:that guy that said that about the bus falling off a cliff should expect a kick to the nuts by a horse anytime soon, honestly what a c*** thing to say, we don't even say that about the Scum around here
They picked me as a troll straight away, but I'll keep chipping away all week and get them back on side. Then, if we win, I'll go to town.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Windy_Hill wrote:Without getting ahead of ourselves here (and lets be honest, that's a classic Essendon supporter trait) - if we beat the Eagles then its reasonable to assume that we will be 9-1 after 10 rounds.

From Round 10 we play

Rnd 12 - vs BYE
Rnd 14 - vs WB @ES - Win
Rnd 20 - vs NM @ES - Win

The above outcome would give us 15 wins for the season and losing to we may produce 1 more as I have been pretty conservative in the games vs Car/Coll
Would anticipate doing OK against Crows (apart from Sydney - thay have only beaten bottom 6 sides) and Freo is a mess (yeah they beat Saints ... but thats just like our win against Geel last year ... inside knowledge) ... so I would anticipate winning at least one of these.

Not so confident against NM and the Tiges

But in the above win loss analysis ... I would be worried that losing to 6 different teams would get us a top 4 finish ... naaaaa
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)