Wow. Thats a great result

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Re: Wow. Thats a great result

Post by s'dreams »

Now this is the BomberTalk I am used to!!!
Last edited by s'dreams on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

ealesy wrote:Was nothing more than a case of complacency (rested Hooker, played one of our best clearance players as the sub and then got belted in the clearances), shit adaptation to the conditions and the ball just seemed to bounce Melbourne's way all f****** night.
Amen. And I thought right from the start that it was a stupid idea to make Lonergan the sub on a wet night.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
robbie67 wrote:Prod? Is that one of your gardening tools?
Expect better from you Rob - the anger is just not there anymore is it?
Well it's hard to be humble when dealing with the witless.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Got horribly out coached but in saying that I will no doubt get accused of Hindsight
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

My summation and then I'll move onto next week.

1) Didn't put it on the scoreboard - means nothing all the stats
2) Fumbles...fumbles....fumbles...how many goals were there on a silver platter and we couldn't pick the f***** thing up!
3) Wet weather - forward structure crumbled
4) Arrogance - Stewart Crameri said the other night in front of us all at the sponsor cocktail party "We'll smash them". The second year in a row he's said those words and we've lost. If his mindset is evident of what the team was feeling towards tonight's game then good we deserved a good kick up the ass!
5) Melbourne were harder for the ball...too many times players failed to lay tackles or go in hard for the ball. Soft.
6) Reality checks are good - for both players and supporters

How I feel:

- Not the end of the world. 8 wins and 2 losses after 10. How can we complain? It's not nice having the tag of losing to the bottom team, but if this is what we needed for our team to realise that they aren't as good as they think they are, then good.
- Can't begrudge Melbourne for winning, they capitolised and hung in there on our disgraceful goal kicking. We lost that game...only ourselves to blame.
- How we respond from this will be what I'm most looking forward to. Will we stand up and get back on the winning wagon? Or will we slump into another downward spiral. This will indicate if we are a Top 4 or Top 8 team.
- Now onto Sydney
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

s'dreams wrote:Now this is the BomberTalk I am used to!!!
thinking the exact same thing

turn the sprinklers on at Windy Hill for the entire week leading into our next MCG game, that was putrid footy
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

JP_12 wrote:My summation and then I'll move onto next week.

1) Didn't put it on the scoreboard - means nothing all the stats
2) Fumbles...fumbles....fumbles...how many goals were there on a silver platter and we couldn't pick the f***** thing up!
3) Wet weather - forward structure crumbled
4) Arrogance - Stewart Crameri said the other night in front of us all at the sponsor cocktail party "We'll smash them". The second year in a row he's said those words and we've lost. If his mindset is evident of what the team was feeling towards tonight's game then good we deserved a good kick up the ass!
5) Melbourne were harder for the ball...too many times players failed to lay tackles or go in hard for the ball. Soft.
6) Reality checks are good - for both players and supporters

How I feel:

- Not the end of the world. 8 wins and 2 losses after 10. How can we complain? It's not nice having the tag of losing to the bottom team, but if this is what we needed for our team to realise that they aren't as good as they think they are, then good.
- Can't begrudge Melbourne for winning, they capitolised and hung in there on our disgraceful goal kicking. We lost that game...only ourselves to blame.
- How we respond from this will be what I'm most looking forward to. Will we stand up and get back on the winning wagon? Or will we slump into another downward spiral. This will indicate if we are a Top 4 or Top 8 team.
- Now onto Sydney
JP I agree - especially with #5 ... Melbourne outdid us for tackles (84 to 69) and 1%'s (sorry managed to lose that stat) ... and the pressure thay applies as well as the conditions led to poor disposal ... 40% yes 40% kicking inefficiency ... compared to Melbourne's 30% (which is normally regarded as poor) ... (also ban Crameri for talking crap - there are no gimmes in this game)

I also seem to recall someone mentioning that only 1 in 5 entries into the forward 50 resulted in an EFC possession conmpared to 1 in two for Melb... Methinks this says something either about delivery (albeit under pressure) or our forward structure...
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

I agree with Windy on this one as we are very lucky to be 8-2 as we could very easily be sitting mid-pack or worse. The second half of our draw is definitely harder, but if we rise, we can do it. On our day, we are near unbeatable, off 5% and we are barely a chance!
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

robbie67 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:We have played the bottom 4 teams in the first 10 games

You could probablly throw North into that lot as well and they nearly beat us.

We lost to Collingwood and nearly got done by Richmond - West Coast were crippled by injury

Our only truly impressive win was against Carlton and they chewed up a 60 plus lead to lose by about 30 or whatever it was

We havnt played Hawthorn, Adelaide, Sydney, Geelong, all finals contenders. We have Carlton, Richmond and Collingwood to play a second time plus challengin road trips to Port and Freo

Are you seriously telling me the first 10 games have been the hard stuff????

Anyway, if you read my post, there is nothing in there that says anythign about throwing the season away - have another read.. Or better yet, going and read Robbie's rantings for that sort of stuff.
We just need Gumby back dont we f******?
Ha! yeah Gumbleton will make our kicking for goal so much better!

Windy your right, our draw does get a lot tougher in the second half of the season. Everyone knows that though. Giving the boys little or no credit for the wins they have posted so far this season is just wrong. We didn't make the draw, the AFL did. You can't win every game by 10 goals and you can't help injuries or poor form from opposing teams. That's footy.

Do you think the Demon's supporters are going to whinge and complain about beating Essendon because the Bombers didn't kick straight? I don't think so.

Windy_Hill you really are the Caroline Wilson of these forums.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Our draws been soft. We have played the suns demons giants and brisbane.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

little_ripper wrote:Our draws been soft. We have played the suns demons giants and brisbane.
and lost to the worst side in the league, scraped past the second worst after trailing at 3/4 time and did what we should have against the other two.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

tonysoprano wrote:
little_ripper wrote:Our draws been soft. We have played the suns demons giants and brisbane.
and lost to the worst side in the league, scraped past the second worst after trailing at 3/4 time and did what we should have against the other two.
And yet still managed to beat premiership favourites in Carlton and West Coast, went down by a solitary point to the team that is quite possibly the current premiership favourite, beat everyone's up and coming love child team Richmond.

People who say we have had a soft draw are f****** soft in the head. :roll:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

swoodley wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:
And yet still managed to beat premiership favourites in Carlton and West Coast, went down by a solitary point to the team that is quite possibly the current premiership favourite, beat everyone's up and coming love child team Richmond.

People who say we have had a soft draw are f****** soft in the head. :roll:

Come on Swoods, even you cant deny this one.

Read the list again

Port
Bris
Old Toast
Giants
Melb
North

There's your bottom 6 clubs - we have played them all in the first 10 games

Against better opponents we are 3-1 but surely you have to concede that West Coast at Etihad with 9 of their best 22 including probably 5 of their best 6 players was a gimme. We nearly got rolled against Richmond having allowed a 40 pt lead evaporate and the scoreline probably flattered us against Collingwood.

The only entirely convincing win of the season, if you are to be totally honest with yourself was against Carlton and have a look at how they are traveling.

For some reason being frank and honest attracts criticism in here like bees to a honey pot. I am thrilled that we have been winning games but when you read back over the posts even in "one -eyed" Bombertalk, there has been a sense of disquiet about the way in which we have been playing. Even against lowly competition, we have really struggled.

Winning games this year has somewhat deceived

I believe we will finish around 6th this year with 14-15 wins - nothing has changed for me in terms of expectations

I just think its a joke how certain posters on here use a loss like the one yesterday as an opportunity to pull out all the old player bashing cliches. Some idiots are saying that I am the CAroline Wilson of Bombertalk???? FFS, where in this post have I been anything but perfectly honest with myself.

Do me favour, based on current form, how many of the following games would you have us favourite to win?

Sydney (H)
Fremantle (A)
Western Bulldogs (H)
St Kilda (A)
Port Adelaide (A)
Geelong (A)
Hawthorn (H)
Adeliade (A)
North Melbourne (H)
Carlton (H)
Richmond (A)
Collingwood (H)
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Windy_Hill wrote:Some idiots are saying that I am the CAroline Wilson of Bombertalk????
I have to admit, when I read that, I thought it was a bit harsh. You're more like Patrick Smith, you take a half truth from over here, then another from over there, and then you try to sell it as fact. Have you enquired if memberships have closed at Richmond yet?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robbie67 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:Some idiots are saying that I am the CAroline Wilson of Bombertalk????
I have to admit, when I read that, I thought it was a bit harsh. You're more like Patrick Smith, you take a half truth from over here, then another from over there, and then you try to sell it as fact. Have you enquired if memberships have closed at Richmond yet?

Haha

So tell me oh wise one - and lets see if we can keep your wandering mind focused for a second here - what exactly constitutes a half truth in this post which seems to rile you so

We have had a soft draw - our results flatter our form - we will struggle to win more than 6 games based on current form for the second half of the season.

I expected us to finish 5-6 on the ladder at the end of the season and still believe that to be possible.

And this upsets you - go figure
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
robbie67 wrote:

Haha

So tell me oh wise one - and lets see if we can keep your wandering mind focused for a second here - what exactly constitutes a half truth in this post which seems to rile you so

We have had a soft draw - our results flatter our form - we will struggle to win more than 6 games based on current form for the second half of the season.

I expected us to finish 5-6 on the ladder at the end of the season and still believe that to be possible.

It doesnt upset me, it's just as usual, your logic is floored. You tell me young inexpierienced one. Which teams in the league are in the same form they were in a month ago, let alone 8 weeks ago? The actual form of these so called "soft" teams we have played was quite different to where they all are now. The so called "form" side of the competition, Richmond, couldnt even beat West Coast, let alone demolish them. In fact, according to your logic, West Coast must have played 8 other "shit" teams. because they have had injuries all year, and no one else can touch them. After we scraped past North, two weeks later they thrashed Geelong. carlton were undefeated and had thrashed Coillingwood when we playeed them.

So this is what I mean by half truths, and half facts when it comes to what you have to say. You are happy to use "form" for your current argument, but convienantly ignore it, when speaking about our record. This is why I have so little respect for any of the drivel you have been contributing.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I half expected some on this site to trash the 8 (yes 8) wins we have chalked up this season as a result of a really putrid effort against Melbourne. Cast your mind back to round 3 when, in the next 4 rounds, we were facing Carlton, Collingwood, Lions and West Coast. I, like most, only expected to win one of those games and the fact that we won 3 and lost by a point to the fourth was a fantastic effort.

Let's not forget that against WC we were at the height of our "soft tissue" epidemic and were not at full strength either.

Last night was a gut wrenching loss which will have implications at the end of the year. I don't go for the convenient cliches such as "the loss we had to have" or "this will make us a better team". It's a mindset thing when you come out and play shit like we saw last night and they were simply not switched on.

The coaching team has to put the fear of God into these guys that they are only as good as their last game and that there are several blokes salivating to take their spot. They have to play every game as if there are no tomorrows. Insipid performances will not be tolerated and this should be demonstrtated at the selection table next week. Failure to take action will pander to the passengers we had on Saturday night.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

rockhole wrote:I half expected some on this site to trash the 8 (yes 8) wins we have chalked up this season as a result of a really putrid effort against Melbourne. Cast your mind back to round 3 when, in the next 4 rounds, we were facing Carlton, Collingwood, Lions and West Coast. I, like most, only expected to win one of those games and the fact that we won 3 and lost by a point to the fourth was a fantastic effort.

Let's not forget that against WC we were at the height of our "soft tissue" epidemic and were not at full strength either.

Last night was a gut wrenching loss which will have implications at the end of the year. I don't go for the convenient cliches such as "the loss we had to have" or "this will make us a better team". It's a mindset thing when you come out and play shit like we saw last night and they were simply not switched on.

The coaching team has to put the fear of God into these guys that they are only as good as their last game and that there are several blokes salivating to take their spot. They have to play every game as if there are no tomorrows. Insipid performances will not be tolerated and this should be demonstrtated at the selection table next week. Failure to take action will pander to the passengers we had on Saturday night.
Our injuries dont count if your Windy. Just another half truth.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robbie67 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
robbie67 wrote:

Haha

It doesnt upset me, it's just as usual, your logic is floored. You tell me young inexpierienced one. Which teams in the league are in the same form they were in a month ago, let alone 8 weeks ago? The actual form of these so called "soft" teams we have played was quite different to where they all are now. The so called "form" side of the competition, Richmond, couldnt even beat West Coast, let alone demolish them. In fact, according to your logic, West Coast must have played 8 other "shit" teams. because they have had injuries all year, and no one else can touch them. After we scraped past North, two weeks later they thrashed Geelong. carlton were undefeated and had thrashed Coillingwood when we playeed them.

So this is what I mean by half truths, and half facts when it comes to what you have to say. You are happy to use "form" for your current argument, but convienantly ignore it, when speaking about our record. This is why I have so little respect for any of the drivel you have been contributing.
Well mate I would love to see how you go in the footy tipping week to week if a side's recent form counts for f****** nothing.

You are, as ususal, completely missing the point - Based on the form of the teams we have played and based upon the form of teams we will be playing, a conclusion regarding whether or not our draw is soft or hard has been made.

I am quite comfortable in saying that our first half of the season has been realtively soft given that 6 of our 10 games to date have been against teams in the bottom half of the ladder. teams I might add, that we dont play again other than Port which will be in Adelaide (tough but then on your logic we cant make that prediction) and North in the last few rounds.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Who were Wet Toast's 5 out of their best 6 Windy?