Changes for Swans

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Changes for Swans

Post by Windy_Hill »

Not sure what the penalty is but I am pretty sure Jetta will get cited for staging (again)
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I doubt Hibberd will be back and if he is I think he should go at least once in the VFL.

Out: Melksham, NLM, Pears, Monfries

In: Reimers, Dell'ollio, Hooker, Heppell
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

j-mac31 wrote:I doubt Hibberd will be back and if he is I think he should go at least once in the VFL.

I would go with these changes but I doubt we would drop 4 in one hit.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

rockhole wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:I doubt Hibberd will be back and if he is I think he should go at least once in the VFL.

I would go with these changes but I doubt we would drop 4 in one hit.
Me neither, but Hooker has to be in for Pears, Heppell has to come back if fit and I don't think Melksham, NLM or Monfries deserve to hold their spots.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

What I would like to see:

Out : Melksham - Doesn't get enough of it, poor disposal. Monfries - still playing for free kicks, doesn't win his own ball. NLM - gives away stupid free kicks, poor disposal. Pears - Not up to speed at the moment.

In: Heppell, Hibberd, Dell'Olio, Hooker.

What will probably happen:

Out: NLM, Colyer.

In: Heppel, Hibberd.

Melksham has been putrid for pretty much the entire season. I like that the coaches have persisted but the sooner he goes back the better for everyone. Still, it probably won't happen this week. He kicked a goal.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

In- Hooker, Reimers

OUT- Pears, Melksham

Thats it
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

ZeroEffect wrote:What I would like to see:

Out : Melksham - Doesn't get enough of it, poor disposal. Monfries - still playing for free kicks, doesn't win his own ball. NLM - gives away stupid free kicks, poor disposal. Pears - Not up to speed at the moment.

Melksham has been putrid for pretty much the entire season. I like that the coaches have persisted but the sooner he goes back the better for everyone. Still, it probably won't happen this week. He kicked a goal.
I don't think the coaching panel will drop Colyer. He is starting to find a bit of touch. NLM should go to the sub role, blind freddy can see he is perfect for it.

Speculating here, but Heppell will come in if fit, maybe at the expense of Melks. And we might play Lonergan starting 22 to take over Melkshams role in the midfield rotations.

Just to highlight how bad Melksham was on Saturday. He had 12 disposals. 7 of them were clangers.(equal game high, according to afl stats and not a good result when you only had the ball 12 times). Ironically he did kick a goal though, so perhaps since that was the most important stat of the evening, he might survive simply on at least being able to kick straight when his opportunity presented.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Windy_Hill wrote:Not sure what the penalty is but I am pretty sure Jetta will get cited for staging (again)
I would've been suprised if he had been. What the muppets in the media failed to mention was the poor bastard copped a whack to the nuts. I dont know about you guys but when I get hit in the family jewels I drop like a stone. Yes his head went back but he was saying f*** as he went down. I'd say it was more his blow to googlies that caused the reaction.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Jetta was cleared.

The tribunal seem to have made a clear distinction on staging. If it is done outside of general play it is deemed unsportsmanlike and likely to cause a melee then it is reportable.

If its done during play it is the player trying to milk a free kick and is not reportable. (and penalised/not penalised as the ump sees fit on the day).
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:Not sure what the penalty is but I am pretty sure Jetta will get cited for staging (again)
I would've been suprised if he had been. What the muppets in the media failed to mention was the poor bastard copped a whack to the nuts. I dont know about you guys but when I get hit in the family jewels I drop like a stone. Yes his head went back but he was saying f*** as he went down. I'd say it was more his blow to googlies that caused the reaction.
Good point.

Glad to see tyhe MRP didn't get swayed by "trial by media"
Essendunny
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

boncer34 wrote:
This is why I was so pissed off with him in the first place. The first reaction to him now by the umpires is going to be "he is acting". It takes forever to shake that stuff off your reputation. Ask Lloydy.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

robbie67 wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
This is why I was so pissed off with him in the first place. The first reaction to him now by the umpires is going to be "he is acting". It takes forever to shake that stuff off your reputation. Ask Lloydy.
Or Monfries.... Gus took it out of his game, however he has since hardly seen much of the pill. #-o
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

Even if Jetta was cited he couldn't of been suspended. In the paper last week they said a repeat offender would cop a fine of $2000ish. I think he was fined $950 for a first offence against the tiges.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

ZeroEffect wrote:Even if Jetta was cited he couldn't of been suspended. In the paper last week they said a repeat offender would cop a fine of $2000ish. I think he was fined $950 for a first offence against the tiges.
I thought it was just a written reprimand?
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

little_ripper wrote:
ZeroEffect wrote:What I would like to see:

I don't think the coaching panel will drop Colyer. He is starting to find a bit of touch. NLM should go to the sub role, blind freddy can see he is perfect for it.

Speculating here, but Heppell will come in if fit, maybe at the expense of Melks. And we might play Lonergan starting 22 to take over Melkshams role in the midfield rotations.

Just to highlight how bad Melksham was on Saturday. He had 12 disposals. 7 of them were clangers.(equal game high, according to afl stats and not a good result when you only had the ball 12 times). Ironically he did kick a goal though, so perhaps since that was the most important stat of the evening, he might survive simply on at least being able to kick straight when his opportunity presented.
Turns out that goal we were talking about has got him a game again. I personally think he could be a really good player for us but at the moment he is struggling. Hopefully he proves us wrong and on the weekend he gets 25 possies and just smashes it. If he only gets 12 - 15 touches again he must be dropped. That isn't anywhere near enough ball for a midfielder.