Gaps in the playing list

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Gaps in the playing list

Post by Jazz_84 »

EFC would be very quiet about anything we are doing so will be interesting to eventually find out who we went for
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

We wont get anybody!

We will postulate and phaff around but at the end of the day we will do diddly squat...
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Western Red wrote:We wont get anybody!

We will postulate and phaff around but at the end of the day we will do diddly squat...
Doin the Diddly Squats (October Trade Week Blues) ... to a 70's classic

Now listen,
Oh we're steppin' up.
We’re gonna talk it up
Gonna talk it up again and we’ll do the diddly squats
Oh EFC
Oh you're recruiting swell!
Hmm yeah you do it so well,
Well we do it so well ...and then we do the diddly squats
Now EFC,
You say you’re recruitin’ fine!
Why don't you give me a sign?
Say’n Cupido, Zantuck, Cole and Alvey is why we do the diddly squats

Chorus:
Hey Hey Hey good old diddly squats are here are to stay,
I'm driven crazy 'bout the way we recruit,
Doin' the diddly squats.
Oh-oh-oh we talk it up fast, we talk it up slow
I'm driven crazy with the trade week blues
Doin' the diddly squats.

Go Bombers,
Say’n Carmen, Murphy and Camporale is why we do the diddly squats
Oh EFC!
Well I feel so pissed!
Trengrove, Caddy and McCaffer aren’t on our list
Which browns me off about doin' the diddly squats.
-Chorus-

-SOLO-

Now listen,
in 2012 we're steppin' up.
We’re gonna talk it up (again and again)
Gonna talk it up again and the we’ll do the diddly squats

-Chorus-

-Outro-
Doin the the diddly squats
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

s'dreams wrote:
Western Red wrote:We wont get anybody!

Doin the Diddly Squats (October Trade Week Blues) ... to a 70's classic

Now listen,
Oh we're steppin' up.
We’re gonna talk it up
Gonna talk it up again and we’ll do the diddly squats
Oh EFC
Oh you're recruiting swell!
Hmm yeah you do it so well,
Well we do it so well ...and then we do the diddly squats
Now EFC,
Say’n Cupido, Zantuck, Cole and Alvey is why we do the diddly squats

Chorus:
Hey Hey Hey good old diddly squats are here are to stay,
I'm driven crazy 'bout the way we recruit,
Doin' the diddly squats.
Oh-oh-oh we talk it up fast, we talk it up slow
I'm driven crazy with the trade week blues
Doin' the diddly squats.

Go Bombers,
Say’n Carmen, Murphy and Camporale is why we do the diddly squats
Oh EFC!
Well I feel so pissed!
Trengrove, Caddy and McCaffer aren’t on our list
Which browns me off about doin' the diddly squats.
-Chorus-

-SOLO-

Now listen,
in 2012 we're steppin' up.
We’re gonna talk it up (again and again)
Gonna talk it up again and the we’ll do the diddly squats

-Chorus-

-Outro-
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

10/10!

What a classic :!:
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Pretty strong word around that we are going hard at Caddy again
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

bomberdonnie wrote:Pretty strong word around that we are going hard at Caddy again
yeah a few people saying they will be surprised if it doesn't happen..... id love to know how but the EFC love to keep things very quiet so we'll be guessing for a while yet id say
Kakadu Kangaroos
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Gimps wrote:I don't think our midfield is too bad at the moment. I think the biggest problem over the past couple of weeks is our inability to carry the ball close enough to the forward 50 to pinpoint a short-ish pass to our forwards. As we saw last week, we extracted the ball enough, but we were bombing it in from 70-80-90 metres out. The midfielders/ half forwards need to carry the ball that little bit further, or drop the eyes for a shorter pass. Kicking it 50m in the air isn't going to help our forwards. Putting it out in front of them (and to advantage) will fix a lot of problems. I recall 4 or 5 times on Saturday night where the ball should have been kicked to the left or right of the contest, but went the other way.
Exactly right gimps. And zaka is the best we have at this. Winderlich is also very good at it but I'll consider it a bonus if we can get him back and firing with the way his injuries are going. Howlett has been one that has been guilty of just bombing it long in recent weeks, although he certainly isn't alone.
s'dreams wrote:Given the Brownlow is the "midfielders" medal ... I found it informative to go through the premiership teams mapped against Chasser winners and also members of the premiership team who ended up top 5 (though only to the year of their premiership - eg Black and Brown being top 5 in 2009 were excluded) ... (apologies for the dots ... hard to set a table otherwise)

Year Premier........Brownlow Winners.................................Brownlow top 5
2011 Geelong........Bartel (2007).........................................Selwood (2010)
2010 Collingwood............................................................Swan (2010), Pendelbery (2010)
2009 Geelong........Abblett (2009), Bartel (2007)...................... Abblett (2008)
2008 Hawth..........Crawford (1999)......................................Crawford (2002, 2003), Franklin (2008), Mitchell (2007)
2007 Geelong........Bartel (2007)
2006 West coast....Judd (2004), Cousins (2005)........................Cousins (2001, 2003), Kerr (2005, 2006), Judd (2006)
2005 Sydney..........Goodes (2003, 2006)............................... Williams (2002), Kirk (2004), Hall (2005)
2004 Port Adelaide..Wanganeen (1993).................................. Francou (2001, 2002), Wanganeen (2003), C.Cornes (2004)
2003 Brisbane........Voss (1997) Akermanis (2001), Black (2002).....Voss (2001)
2002 Brisbane........Voss (1997) Akermanis (2001), Black (2002).....Voss (2001)
2001 Brisbane........Voss (1997) Akermanis (2001).....................Voss (2001)

I was suprised that even the "junkyard dog" Port team had a number of top 5 players... and that the oddity was the Geelong side of 2007...

In short - there seems to be a correlation between premiership winners and having multiple Chasser winners and "top 5" Chasser finishers...

We are a long way short of that ... the last time we had a top 5 finisher was Mercuri on 1999 (2nd)
That's amazing. Great work digging that up. I wouldn't have thought that prior to collingwood you would have to go all the way back to north in 99 to find a premiership team without a brownlow medalist. Lucky jobe will win it this year.
Jazz_84 wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:Pretty strong word around that we are going hard at Caddy again
yeah a few people saying they will be surprised if it doesn't happen..... id love to know how but the EFC love to keep things very quiet so we'll be guessing for a while yet id say
That's it. As far as we are concerned no news is good news. As long as caddy hasn't signed with suns he is a good shot to be looking at coming to essendon at the end of the year. Getting a deal done is another thing.

The best thing about the blokes running the club at the moment is they will go to any length to get success. Evans, Robson, hirdy and bomber work out what they want and get it. I'm sure we are in contact with quite a few opposition players managers at the minute and with the way we are looking, Essendon would be one of the most attractive clubs to be heading to right now.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Jazz_84 wrote:
Will be interested in what we are planning on giving up for him

Doubtful we will have a pick in the top 30 and not sure who I would like us to trade out of our best 22
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

bomberdonnie wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:

Doubtful we will have a pick in the top 30 and not sure who I would like us to trade out of our best 22
True, although this year's is supposed to be a "super" draft and GC have to trim their list down and if he doesn't want to be there and is out of contract they might be willing to take an unfair deal.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

j-mac31 wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:

True, although this year's is supposed to be a "super" draft and GC have to trim their list down and if he doesn't want to be there and is out of contract they might be willing to take an unfair deal.
if he wants to go they will take whatever they can get to save losing him for nothing in the draft... whether that's Essendon we'll have to wait and see
Kakadu Kangaroos