Cometh the Hour, Cometh the Man

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Cometh the Hour, Cometh the Man

Post by BenDoolan »

robbie67 wrote:Cometh the hour
Cometh the man
Windy loves him so much
He cometh on his hand
Essendunny
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ZeroEffect wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
JP_12 wrote:I wish I could've reported to you guys yesterday that he had kicked six and that he was taking hangers but unfortunately he didn't do too much. He moved up the ground a far bit too. In saying that...there's no harm in giving him a go with our depleted forward line at the moment. But otherwise he shouldn't get a game based on his performance yesterday.
He survived another game. That's good for him. It's all about rebuilding confidence, to know that the the body can hold up. I have never lost faith in Gumby. He has shown in these first 22 games what he can do. Imagine if he could get 50-60 games under his belt!!!
Hang on, what did he show us in his first 22 games? Not a lot.
Watch the above Video then come back to me.

Sure, it's just a highlight reel but the fact is, he can mark the ball like that, it's no fluke. And honestly, he has only played the 22 games- it takes 75 games to simply learn how to play CHF. Michael Hurley only got his first bag of 5 goals a week or do ago after 3 and a half seasons of trying
Last edited by Windy_Hill on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote:
robbie67 wrote:Cometh the hour
Cometh the man
Windy loves him so much
He cometh on his hand

I ditched my Lindsy Loves Sam sex video for the above Gumby highlight reel and I have to tell you, I am now the Master of my Domain!!
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

ZeroEffect wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
JP_12 wrote:I wish I could've reported to you guys yesterday that he had kicked six and that he was taking hangers but unfortunately he didn't do too much. He moved up the ground a far bit too. In saying that...there's no harm in giving him a go with our depleted forward line at the moment. But otherwise he shouldn't get a game based on his performance yesterday.
He survived another game. That's good for him. It's all about rebuilding confidence, to know that the the body can hold up. I have never lost faith in Gumby. He has shown in these first 22 games what he can do. Imagine if he could get 50-60 games under his belt!!!
Not much you say?

Franklin, Cloke and Lucas kicked the same or less amount of goals in their first 22.

Nah he's shit. You idiot.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

G-Day minus 4!!!
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Post by ZeroEffect »

boncer34 wrote:
ZeroEffect wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
Not much you say?

Franklin, Cloke and Lucas kicked the same or less amount of goals in their first 22.

Nah he's shit. You idiot.
Are you agreeing with me and abusing me all at once? Are you trying to say Franklin, Cloke and Lucas didn't perform early in there careers and that I'm an idiot for pointing out Gumbleton hasn't done a lot in his?

Interesting you choose Franklin and Cloke to make a comparison. Both are only a year older than Gumbleton and have had decorated careers to date, Buddy just passing 500 goals. What do we get, 22 goals.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

OK

So now, here's the deal

Lets not get all antsy if the poor bastard doesnt kick a bag

We are probably going to play a very defensive game so I am expecting a low score

If Gumby can grab a couple of marks, lay off a few passes and maybe grab a goal - he has done very, well. Any more, bonus!!

He will be nervous, and possible be trying too hard. Remember, Hurley did nothing in the first half of the season. Its a tough position being the key tall foward. Its even tougher when you havent played at this level for more than a season and a half

So, lets hope Gumby shows us some signs - thats all I need to be satisfied
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Windy_Hill wrote:OK

So now, here's the deal

We are probably going to play a very defensive game so I am expecting a low score

If Gumby can grab a couple of marks, lay off a few passes and maybe grab a goal - he has done very, well. Any more, bonus!!

He will be nervous, and possible be trying too hard. Remember, Hurley did nothing in the first half of the season. Its a tough position being the key tall foward. Its even tougher when you havent played at this level for more than a season and a half

Are you his manager?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

bomberdonnie wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:OK

So now, here's the deal

Are you his manager?

No mate - it would just kill me to see a number 2 draft pick go down the tube. Dont let us go through the pain of those dark years for no consolation.

Power of Positive Thinking
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I doubt anyone expects much from him to be honest
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

2 goals would be ok
3 goals pretty good
4+ bloody brilliant
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

10-15 possessions is my hope for him tomorrow. A goal would be great.

For the rest of the season I hope he can stay fit and get 12-15 possessions and a goal a game.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Apparently he was absolute rubbish for Bendigo last week. Hopefully he just puts in a contest in marking contests.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

GUMBY!!! is back...
Great game 3 goals and will only get better... =D>
Will def boost his confidence...