BomberBlitz

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Re: BomberBlitz

Post by Megan »

Bomber_Fan wrote:There are some great posters on there but there are some absolute farksticks on there too; guess the same with any forum. Some people on there just take themselvs too seriously - elitists 'whose shit don't stink' and their cliques will shout down anyone who disagrees with these particular posters.
That isn't exclusive to BB, sadly.

I too think BT has become too negative.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
saladin
Regular Senior Player

Post by saladin »

The strength of BB lies in the sheer number of posts and activity. There is always a constant driving and developing of threads. This is also it's weakness, because you inevitably get a lot of dross amongst that sheer number. If you are looking for regular and often footy discussion then I think the former outweighs the latter easily. Though a lot of the better posters over there are withdrawing a bit and it feels like it's going younger and less rational.

BT, in it's current format, is more rustic, slower pace. again, both a positive and negative. Things develop along predictable lines, almost organically. i can check in once a week and not much has changed, few threads get past a couple of pages. take your pick based on what you like, i guess. If you want my opinion, i have less incentive to post here. When i do, i'm more reporting info than actually discussing things, because i know that the discussion will be limited by the limited numbers but the info can stand on it's own. and yes there is a feel of negativity on here, probably only because the overall posting activity is far smaller and so it stands out more. interestingly though, it feels "cliquey" too. tbh, i think all online forums are like this, that's just the nature of discussions gelling between the proponents of conflicting views and a natural evolution of longer-term posters viewing newer ones with some early scepticism. I'm not bothered by it on here in the slightest, but then i'm only an occassional poster and not really inside the opinion streams.

Both are far better than BF. That joint is a continual shitfight that i generally stay away from, though useful info can be obtained from certain posters.
JockStrap

Post by JockStrap »

It's very slow here and not a lot of input. Still, it's Essendon so it can't be all bad.