Memberships for 2013

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
JockStrap

Re: Memberships for 2013

Post by JockStrap »

wouldnt be the first time a sporting identity has considered or even taken action because of workplace injury.

Wasnt it Joe Misiti a few years back who took on the AFL over the silly rubber disc in the centre of the ground - i think he slipped on it and did some damage
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

JockStrap wrote:wouldnt be the first time a sporting identity has considered or even taken action because of workplace injury.

Wasnt it Joe Misiti a few years back who took on the AFL over the silly rubber disc in the centre of the ground - i think he slipped on it and did some damage
Broke his jaw. I think Alessio also tried to sue.
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

BenDoolan wrote:
JockStrap wrote:wouldnt be the first time a sporting identity has considered or even taken action because of workplace injury.

Didn't a player from another club try to sue VFL Park?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gimps wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Yeah, a shit truck from Carlton. Luke O'Sullivan or something like that?
Essendunny
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

BenDoolan wrote:
Gimps wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Yep, think it was him..
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

BenDoolan wrote:

Broke his jaw.
Yep on the cricket pitch area in a pre-season match in 1997, was the start of a c*** of a year.
bombermancan
Top Up Player

Post by bombermancan »

We need to be aggressive on the trade table this year. No player is safe expect Jobe. Scare a few players by offering them as trade bait.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Did anyone else do the membership survey??

I did. Yes...they probably won't change regardless of the feedback given but still rather complete it then not.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

yep i did and i was ruthless Pat haha asked the hard questions!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:
Gimps wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Didn't Shaun Rhen bust his knee in on of the first pre-season games and they got rid of it immediately? I think he did sue them successfully.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Here we go:
Former Adelaide Crows ruckman Shaun Rehn took the league to the Supreme Court after he suffered a career-ending knee injury. Rehn was contesting a centre bounce for the Crows in 1999 when he slipped on a rubber disc used by umpires to bounce the ball, and his knee buckled.
Rehn's injury `"had severe impact on his future earnings and capabilities as an AFL footballer'', his lawyer argued in 2005. The case was settled with a confidential payout, which is understood to be significant.

Carlton's Luke O'Sullivan successfully argued loss of income after he suffered a serious knee injury due to the ground's surface, during a pre-season match at VFL park in 1993.
The payout figure is also unknown.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 1116239491

Those are very different to what MaClure is suggesting though, because the league did something that specifically put the players at an increased risk of injury. We've just got a shit fitness program.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

My youngster got a letter...

New in 2013- a flexible membership to suit you!

During the year we received feedback from our members telling us that our 3 game packages that included designated games didn't suit everyone.

We are pleased to say that we have listened to this feedback and in 2013 we have made some changes to your 3 game membership which will allow you the flexibility to support your club in the way that best suits you.

New in 2013 - a flexible membership to suit you!

As a flexi 3 game member you will be able to select the home games you want to attend in 2013 (excluding ANZAC day) as well as being able to sit where you want, with who you want.

Simply choose the games you want to attend and use your member barcode to purchase a ticket at a discounted price. This means you can choose your seat you sit in for each game and can purchase tickets with friends and family that may not be Essendon members.

The Flexi package is also available as an 11 game option which means you could use it to attend all Essendon home games including ANZAC day. To upgrade to a Flexi 11 game memberships please let our member services team know and they can arrange this for you.

Dumb f**** needed a survey to work that out!