Monfries to Melbourne?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
ZeroEffect
On the Rookie List

Re: Monfries to Melbourne?

Post by ZeroEffect »

I heard Gysberts might be on the table for a straight swap. Any truth to this rumour?
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

ZeroEffect wrote:I heard Gysberts might be on the table for a straight swap. Any truth to this rumour?
Wouldn't mind that as Gysberts was a very high draft pick and just seems to have fallen out of favour at Melb.. But would he play in our best 22... Doubt it
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
ZeroEffect wrote:I heard Gysberts might be on the table for a straight swap. Any truth to this rumour?
Wouldn't mind that as Gysberts was a very high draft pick and just seems to have fallen out of favour at Melb.. But would he play in our best 22... Doubt it
I'd rather a draft pick to on-trade..
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
Apparently he is a lazy f*** and refused to do the work required

No thanks
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

bomberdonnie wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:

No thanks
Who is a lazy f*** ... Monfries or Gsyberts?

dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

s'dreams wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:

No thanks
Who is a lazy f*** ... Monfries or Gsyberts?

Well both but I was talking about Gysberts

Yes just wait until the weapon gets his hands on him he will miss 12 weeks with hamstring issues
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Gus gone overseas with Jobe. I hope the skipper does not try and convince him to stay. Maybe he intends to pinch his return ticket!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
bombermancan
Top Up Player

Post by bombermancan »

rockhole wrote:Gus gone overseas with Jobe. I hope the skipper does not try and convince him to stay. Maybe he intends to pinch his return ticket!!
Or his passport.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Seems as though the Dees prefer Geelongs Shannon Byrnes... Port Adelaide now seems the likely home for Gus according to all reports last night and this morning.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Seems as though the Dees prefer Geelongs Shannon Byrnes... Port Adelaide now seems the likely home for Gus according to all reports last night and this morning.
I was hoping we'd be interested in Byrnes - at the expense of Monfries. Has much more to offer IMHO
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:This is what worries me. So EFC might want to squeeze out a draft pick compensation for Spudfries – so they have to match the offer of 4 years. Melbourne (or whoever) says “stick that where it Fitzpatrick” and withdraw their offer. So Spudfries says “I’ll stay at EFC on a 4 year deal!”

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark OFF!!!
No, we can match the offer and he stays or he goes and we get the compensation.

I believe the possile comoensations are: first round pick (ie. immediately after ours), end of first round pick, second round pick, third round pick.

I couldn't see us getting either of the first roynd picks, so my guess is a second rond pick, given that he played 150 games.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

j-mac31 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:This is what worries me. So EFC might want to squeeze out a draft pick compensation for Spudfries – so they have to match the offer of 4 years. Melbourne (or whoever) says “stick that where it Fitzpatrick” and withdraw their offer. So Spudfries says “I’ll stay at EFC on a 4 year deal!”

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark OFF!!!
No, we can match the offer and he stays or he goes and we get the compensation.
Hmmmm :? :? :?

If he "stays" , then it will be on the 4 year matched offer! That's what I'm saying Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark OFF too!
Essendunny
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

There is one other option, he accepts whatever Essendon offers instead of moving on...

Someone correct me if I am wrong, however, my understanding is that under free trade Essendon can either match the offer, offer more or offer less. However, if the player leaves under FT the club can't stop it and receives a compensation pick depending on the players worth as assessed by the AFL.
That said, the player can still resign with their current club for whatever is on offer can't they?