Sheedy's Last Hurrah

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:As for Sheedy going at the end of 2007, i feel it's dependant upon results. A top 4 finish would guarantee him another contract if he chose to take it, a top 8 finish would probably do likewise, a 9-12 finish would see him under significant pressure (particularly if the Board were unanimous in their opinions of there being a good replacement available), and a bottom 4 finish would almost certainly see him go.

I agree with that but I doubt the board will wait till the end of the season to make a move. This will limit options far too much and we have a smart board. If after round twelve it looks like we are going to make the top 8, Sheedy will get a new contract, otherwise the board will start discreetly looking for a replacement.
Red and Black Forever
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

The only way Sheed's will leave Essendon is either in a wooden box, or with a wooden spoon... :wink:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Interesting thoughts and predictions back in February. Windy was spot on.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

BenDoolan wrote:Interesting thoughts and predictions back in February. Windy was spot on.
which makes a pleasant change :wink:
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Re: Sheedy's Last Hurrah

Post by bombers_rock »

Windy_Hill wrote:Win draw or lose, I suspect that the Bombers will arrange for a Sheedy Farewell Tour this year. He will not have his contract renewed no matter the results this year.
:shock:
You a betting man Windy? ;)