Pears and Jetta

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Pears and Jetta

Post by Jazz_84 »

He is out of contract and a few other clubs are keen, but he is hopeful on a contract with Essendon.... I havn't seen the hangar yet but going on what you guys are saying I hope he stays
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

saw the Hanger, the way he was talking (basically begging for a new contract) and the way his teammates, Sean Wellman and Doc Reid were talking about him, I doubt he will be at another club next year.

That story also gave a very nice insight to Doc Reid's role and the club, and almost seemed like some subtle PR excercise to combat allegations level at him at his lack of duty of care for the players.

This will give you a bit of an insight into how tough (possibly slightly stupid) a bastard Tatye is, when he rupture his pancreas, not only did he play out the game despite being in considerable pain, he then went home, and despite being in considerable pain and getting no sleep as a result, did not call the Doc, got up the next day and went into the club for a recovery session, Doc Reid took one look at him, got him to jump in the car, drove him to hospital and an hour later he was on the operating table.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

If Tayte is passionate about staying at the club and keeps playing well then perhaps a new deal isn't far away. Would be good for him to stay especially if Fletcher is nearing retirement and we may need Carlisle up forward more often.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

We've hung on to Gumby for just as long and with less return.

I say give him another contract. We may get draft penalties this year and maybe for for the next couple - so we will need to hang on to as many 20 -25 year olds that have shown something.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Pears will stay.
Could be a superstar.
Just needs to completely get his confidence back after the horrid injury.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

3 or 4 years ago Pears looked like he could become a star. And while he's been injured a lot, he hasn't come close to that form since. I don't think he's been anything better than ok this season.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Just to discuss the other half of the thread title, does anyone believe Jetta is anything but junk?
Essendunny
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Jetta is VFL level. Not quick enough for his size, doesn't win enough footy, & doesn't score or create enough goals.

The thing that annoys me about Pears is that he looks the type of player that should be reasonable in body-on-body contests yet the evidence so far suggests he is ordinary in this area.
He must improve that to be part of the best 22 as he's definitely not a rebounding backman.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

BenDoolan wrote:Just to discuss the other half of the thread title, does anyone believe Jetta is anything but junk?
Disappointing considering that I thought he had turned a corner and was making an impact over the last few years. His absence from the senior team this year shows the coaching staff have the same doubts about his ability and impact. Id love to see Dell'Olio given a chance this year at some stage. Leading the VFL goal kicking for us and can take a good grab inside 50.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

BenDoolan wrote:Just to discuss the other half of the thread title, does anyone believe Jetta is anything but junk?
Too keen to do the spectacular rather than the hard graft. Inconsistent to the degree that he made Monfries look solid. Had more than enough chances and has exhausted them. I would say last year with us.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I get the feeling that the insult to Pears from his pancreas injury is underestimated by the general crowd here at BT. On top of that he's had a navicular # which is an injury that ends careers, almost Hirds and it did Croads and Egans. These are not nor ever have been trivial injuries.

Once he gets confidence back he'll start to prosper. He is showing signs of real longer term recovery and confidence. I want him to stay.
Wally
Top Up Player

Post by Wally »

F111 wrote:I get the feeling that the insult to Pears from his pancreas injury is underestimated by the general crowd here at BT. On top of that he's had a navicular # which is an injury that ends careers, almost Hirds and it did Croads and Egans. These are not nor ever have been trivial injuries.

Once he gets confidence back he'll start to prosper. He is showing signs of real longer term recovery and confidence. I want him to stay.
This.

Pears showed signs of being a very very good player before his injuries. Give him a little bit more time to gain his confidence and with fletch gone within next 2 years he'll more than hold his own in our back line. It's not as if we need a superstar now - we have a little bit of time on our hands.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Jetta is 'Junkety Junk' - should be traded at the first opportunity.

He has had many opportunities to prove his worth at AFL level and bar a brief period when he went into the midfield in the dying days of Matthew Knights - he has shown very little.

Timid, small, unbalanced and slow thinking - has been this way for all his carrer at EFC.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

F111 wrote:Once he gets confidence back he'll start to prosper. He is showing signs of real longer term recovery and confidence. I want him to stay.
I don't think he should be cut, given the potential he has shown in the past, but he should certainly be considered trade bait.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.