Changes for Geelong

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Re: Changes for Geelong

Post by JockStraps »

bomber88 wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:I'm leaning towards Gumby in, Melksham out. Agree with all the others. Tough decision though.
Me too. It's not as if Melksham actually provides any run. Plus anything to keep H Taylor more accountable.

And FWIW I don't think we'd be too tall with two tall forwards and two ruckmen.

Melksham good at guarding space thats about all.
you forgot turnovers...
bomber88
Top Up Player

Post by bomber88 »

JockStraps wrote:
bomber88 wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:I'm leaning towards Gumby in, Melksham out. Agree with all the others. Tough decision though.
Me too. It's not as if Melksham actually provides any run. Plus anything to keep H Taylor more accountable.

And FWIW I don't think we'd be too tall with two tall forwards and two ruckmen.

Melksham good at guarding space thats about all.
you forgot turnovers...
That being the main feature of his game.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Talk of Gumby being dropped as we would be too top heavy up forward. 9.3 from 3 games and it would be a real tradgedy if this was to happen.

Couldn't we just hide him in a pocket somewhere!!! :D :D
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
bomber88
Top Up Player

Post by bomber88 »

rockhole wrote:Talk of Gumby being dropped as we would be too top heavy up forward. 9.3 from 3 games and it would be a real tradgedy if this was to happen.

Couldn't we just hide him in a pocket somewhere!!! :D :D
yeh would be stiff. Unless we play Hurley down back then we are fairly tall down back aswell. Go in with the talls then possible make a sub early in the third or fourth and bring in a small.
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

The irony of dropping Gumby is that this year was supposed to be his last chance to show us what he has to offer - remember the club only offered him a one year contract.

So now he is finally playing consistent and ever improving footy, he gets dropped (or will likely be dropped)

Perhaps when signing his contract, the football department probably needed to look at the "what if" scenarios. What if Gumby fires up and we have to fit him, Hurley, Ryder, Bellchambers and perhaps Daniher into the squad??? Can that work

Having said that, if it proves to be that Gumby is always second choice, hs trade value at the end of the ear, if that helps us to get balance into the squad, may be greatly higher than it was last year
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Alessio confirming Michael Hurley, Dustin Fletcher, Jason Winderlich, Dyson Heppell, Jake Carlisle and Paddy Ryder will all return to the side.
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013- ... ars-return
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.