Changes for the Scumbaggers

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Re: Changes for the Scumbaggers

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Daisy..1 wrote:And then we do "whatever it takes" to get Buddy at seasons end. Timmy is certain he is not going to remain a Hawk. GET HIM!
...Or not. Here's four salient reasons i came up with why we can't/won't/shouldn't get Franklin, within about 0.5 seconds of pondering the thought:
- Insufficient salary cap space
- He's a high maintenance wanker
- We already have enough tall forwards
- He doesn't want to come to Essendon
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

Don't need franklin. Would love rioli though from the dawks.

Re gumby. Just not the right horse for the course and he rolled his ankle.

We play whoever is fit out of hurley gumby and jd.

Hopefully get back davey and howlett and our side will be a lot better. Any news on demps this morning?
Daisy..1
Regular Senior Player

Post by Daisy..1 »

Yes we do have enough tall forwards..... that currently do JACK SH1T!
I am pretty sure you would learn to love a high maintenance wanker, if said wanker kicked you 6 plus goals a match.
When was he asked about coming to Essendon?
Salary Cap? Hmmm, mind still boggles at the decisions made to offer 5 year contracts to the likes of one Mr Hurley, who spends more time on the sidelines than on the field. And yet,when he is on the field, you have debates in this little forum that suggest he "IS" our forward line problem! ACE!!
Image]
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I have seen enough of Hurley to put him into the matchwinner class as he has done on several occasions.

There is no argument that he is in a flat spot at the moment which could be a combination of high expectations as a result of his generous contract, injuries, pressure from ASADA investigations or maybe he is just off song at the moment.

Whereas I have been an advocate of him playing on the forward line, perhaps it's time to give him a run down back.

As we stand, on a dry day, Hurley and Crameri are simply not tall eneough to take pack marks, Gumby is still struggling and we are not getting the expected return from either TB or Paddy when they go forward. If it is wet, then we are simply f*****.

Our one genuine tall pack marker is Carlisle, so a swap with Hurley gives us a proven back player who will be less likely to injury by facing the goals and one of the best marks in the game at present, up front.

We simply have to acknowledge that the forward line is not functioning and the swap I am suggesting brings minimal risk.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

rockhole wrote:Our one genuine tall pack marker is Carlisle, so a swap with Hurley gives us a proven back player who will be less likely to injury by facing the goals and one of the best marks in the game at present, up front.
I don't disagree at all with that. But I think Calrisle is doing too well in the backline right now to be switched. And I'm not sure how well he'd go as a froward anyway.

And Daniher.
Last edited by j-mac31 on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I'm not sure if we can upgrade a rookie now (I've never learnt the new rules from the past few years), but if we can I think Of The Egg (Dell'Ollio) has to come in.

9 goals in the last two weeks. 7 goals in the two games I've seen this year (including this week) and in both of those games we were mostly outplayed.

Melksham, Jetta and Kommer don't kick goals.
hurleychampion
Top Up Player

Post by hurleychampion »

j-mac31 wrote:I'm not sure if we can upgrade a rookie now (I've never learnt the new rules from the past few years), but if we can I think Of The Egg (Dell'Ollio) has to come in.

9 goals in the last two weeks. 7 goals in the two games I've seen this year (including this week) and in both of those games we were mostly outplayed.

Melksham, Jetta and Kommer don't kick goals.

Kommer has a crack
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

No comment on Davey's availability - looks like he'll be spelled again. We really miss him - well he is much preferable to Jetta.

Dempsey could get up - Hurley and Howlett will be available.

It is pointless asking for Melksham to be rested - he hasn't missed a game since 2011.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Who come in for Jetta? Out for 1 week.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-03/j ... d-for-bump
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote:Who come in for Jetta? Out for 1 week.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-06-03/j ... d-for-bump
It says he got a reprimand. He is available to play. However, he should be axed by the biggest f****** axe there is.
Essendunny
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

I'm no doctor, and even if I was, I don't know what the injuries to Dempsey were, but nevertheless I'd think it pretty poor form if he played this week.
Whatever exactly happened to him it could not have been good, and it would (IMO) be taking a huge risk playing him this week.
If the club are serious about the welfare of the players (continually said during drugs drama), they should give him a rest.
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

nudder12 wrote:I'm no doctor, and even if I was, I don't know what the injuries to Dempsey were, but nevertheless I'd think it pretty poor form if he played this week.
Whatever exactly happened to him it could not have been good, and it would (IMO) be taking a huge risk playing him this week.
If the club are serious about the welfare of the players (continually said during drugs drama), they should give him a rest.

Bruised Ribs apparently...should be ok
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

JockStraps wrote:
nudder12 wrote:I'm no doctor, and even if I was, I don't know what the injuries to Dempsey were, but nevertheless I'd think it pretty poor form if he played this week.

Bruised Ribs apparently...should be ok
How does bruised ribs equate to coughing up blood? Sounds a bit more serious to me. Particularly when they had to drive him back. He's got a lung problem.
Essendunny
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Will coming off a tough game in the wet put us at a disadvantage? At least Howlett and Hurley come back fresh.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Just heard Demps suffered a "contorted lung". Now, WTF is that?
Essendunny
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I'm guessing they meant contused?

The spitting up of blood could just be a bitten tongue, ala Luke Hodge after he once heroically took a strong hit.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:Just heard Demps suffered a "contorted lung". Now, WTF is that?
Painful.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

j-mac31 wrote:Will coming off a tough game in the wet put us at a disadvantage? At least Howlett and Hurley come back fresh.
I would think so. I'm worried we will be very flat. Hopefully we have become more professional in our recovery (moreso than relying on AOD 9604 :wink: )
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

surely they boys will play for the 140 year heritage stuff going on all week, a weak performance is simply not an option this week, Zaka even asking everyone on twitter for inspirational messages that they will put above the door way as they run out Friday night

anything but 110% is unacceptable
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals