JAMES TOLD TO RESIGN???

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Re: JAMES TOLD TO RESIGN???

Post by JockStraps »

World Series Football anyone.

How about the AFL and all its squibs and squib clubs (many of whom only survive in this competition thanks to the money Essendon forks out via big gates and higher TV ratings) and hack journos who think they are writing for the Washington Post all go get F U C K E D!!!!

The AFL would collapse if Essendon was pushed to the brink. Bring it on Bitches!!
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

Here's a turn-up for the books - Caro reckoned Riccuito's rumour was totally baseless!!!
mds
On the Rookie List

Post by mds »

There is no need to panic about this rumour and gossip. Wait and see what eventuates. Stand By Hird. Hold fast. Wait. There is plenty of time to act there is no need to jump the gun in reaction.

Caro loves to dish this stuff up. She is just stirring the pot.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Just remember one thing.

Every c*** has publicly stated their opinion about EFC and James Hird - every day for the past 6 months. The club and Hird have not been able to say one word in defence. Both should be afforded that opportunity, and then we can pass judgement.
Essendunny
Bomber2theend
Top Up Player

Post by Bomber2theend »

If the club stands down James Hird, I will be sending back my membership ticket, will not renew my membership next year, and I will organize a protest outside the stadiums.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

To the ESSENDON FOOTBALL CLUB
To whom it may concern,

Whoever, at the club, is running its PR campaign against this torrid of offensive witch hunt articles circulated by the football media, should be sacked.

The speculation by the media tonight, 5th August, that James Hird must stand down or be pushed has not been responded to with any kind of proper, full on and forceful denial by the club. Little or Gunston should have gone on Footy Classified and hosed this entire thing down far more effectively.

This brief statement,

“Essendon Football Club categorically denies the baseless rumours and speculation tonight in the media about an 'ultimatum' in relation to the future of coach James Hird.

As a Club we are incredibly frustrated by the decision of some sections of the media to report unfounded and untested gossip.”

,will no cut the mustard in these days of wild and baseless speculation.

Nothing short of a press conference tomorrow with Little, Hird and the entire united team showing that we are UNITED in support of James Hird and the coaching staff. Essendon member and supporters have giving tremendous support to the club during this gruelling period. For the club to be seen to half-heartedly fight the nonsense in the media will not do – NOT DO at all.

We have not been charged with anything. Not a single positive test. ASADA has given the EFC incorrect information in relation to some substances. The AFL is playing a dangerous game of Pontius Pilate with Andrew Dimitriou continuing to be out of the country at a time when our code faces this massive crisis of confidence because of the wild speculation and media witch over this entire issue.

It is time for the Essendon Football Club to go onto the front foot and face the witch hunters down.

Any thought the board might have of throwing Hird under a bus will be met with member and supporters rebellion the like of which hasn’t been seen in the history of the AFL.

Yours Sincerely,
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I think the bomber response is spot on. A simple dismissal showing how little weight the comments carry.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Sismis wrote:I think the bomber response is spot on. A simple dismissal showing how little weight the comments carry.
This.

Our time will come. When the report is released showing that NO player has been found guilty of doping violations, the club will unleash. That's when Little will go hard. Lawsuits, lawsuits, lawsuits.
Essendunny
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I'm not worried about the clubs response. It warrants no more than that. We've kept mum about the whole thing until now, so why start freaking out at this stage? Anything that deviates from what we've been doing will just be interpreted as protesting too much and looking guilty in the eyes of the rabid masses anyway.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Bomber2theend wrote:If the club stands down James Hird, I will be sending back my membership ticket, will not renew my membership next year, and I will organize a protest outside the stadiums.
This i what the club and AFL are already aware of which is why it wont happen...

Those c**** at AFL house think that Jesus is loved by Christians??? Wait and see what happens if they unfairly f*** over Jimbob.... It will get very messy!
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Just watched AFL 360 and was disturbed at what both Gerard Whately and Mark Robinson said in relation to the Ricciuto comment last night. They seemed to think there was more than a modicum of truth in his revelation.

Thats why I was so angry with the club's terse and simple statement. There needs to be much more actual getting on the front foot from the chairman Paul Little.

If what we have seen so far hasn't been a rough enough ride, apparently Thursday is going to be the watershed day.

When the original thread started on this back in Feb I expressed fears for the coaches and now apparently my fears may have foundation.

My prediction if Hird is sacked or is pushed to resign it could cause a massive schism in the Essendon Football Club.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Yeah, sack him. Get Paul Roos and move on...
Essendunny
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

In regards to Mark Ricciuto

StanMan
Top Up Player

Post by StanMan »

I got an email from Paul Little last thursday in which he said -

'I have spoken with James Hird and he confirms:

That no Police have ever raided James’ house.
James did NOT call – or speak to - Dean Robinson asking him to investigate any ‘undetectable cream’.
James has not maintained a relationship with Shane Charter. Having been introduced to Mr Charter along with a number of other AFL footballers, in 2003/2004 James was provided dietary advice. James has had no contact with Mr Charter since, other than when he unexpectedly ran into him some seven years later.
As has already been reported, James has addressed the slanderous allegations about personal injections in his ASADA interview. He categorically denies a personal program of weekly or bi-weekly injections.
Contrary to what was claimed, James Hird and the Essendon Football Club have never held the view that the Collingwood Football Club, West Coast Eagles Football Club or the Hawthorn Football Club have been involved with illegal or prohibited supplements. The suggestion James Hird has or had knowledge of the supply of such substances to Collingwood is both damaging and incorrect.
Overall, this interview was an unjustified personal attack on one man which deeply offends the Essendon Football Club, its staff and its players.'

To me it is inconceivable that James Hird would continue to maintain his position for so long if he knew that in the end his reputation and his life would be irreparably damaged by proof otherwise.

What Paul Little said above does not support any move to remove James.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

StanMan wrote:What Paul Little said above does not support any move to remove James.
Because no coach with the open full support of the board has been sacked before.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:Yeah, sack him. Get Paul Roos and move on...
I wonder if Roos is waiting to see what happens with us.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
mds
On the Rookie List

Post by mds »

The pot is heating up on the stove or put it another way, the monkeys are shaking the tree. Which means, apply pressure see where the lid blows off first. Stand by the club and wait. Do not fall for the media's rubbish.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

mds wrote:The pot is heating up on the stove or put it another way, the monkeys are shaking the tree. Which means, apply pressure see where the lid blows off first. Stand by the club and wait. Do not fall for the media's rubbish.
Spot on. All this, if we loose points, draft picks etc. What is that about, IF you do the crime, you do the time, but if you haven't , is it thought that due to Vlad/media pressure we should voluntarily "roll over" and give them a pressy for September?, why, ? bugger that. We have to hold our nerve, and attack at the right time. Remember how the Chinese fight, let the enemy penetrate deep into your territory, then when supply lines are stretched, attack from all sides.

That dog from the players association, out at the club yesterday, trying to break the bond between players and club, (freshly back from a bit of pole smoking with Vlad in the US), no name prat, he needs pushing into some dirty water.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

At what stage do you think we can say that Ricciuto and Co were wrong, or better yet, will they say they were wrong, it's now Friday Afternoon and still nothing!!!!
JockStraps
High Draft Pick

Post by JockStraps »

uptick wrote:
mds wrote: Remember how the Chinese fight, let the enemy penetrate deep into your territory, then when supply lines are stretched, attack from all sides.

Yeah but we are talking about a Cypriot Greek here....the only thing he is penetrating is too ugly and disgusting to describe...(sorry Caro)