Our Half Back Line

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

There isn't anything wrong with having an attacking half-back line that will set up alot of goals for us.

Having Fletch, NLM and Smokey running forward and kicking long into a forward line of Lloyd, Lucas, Johns and Hird will be a positive for the team.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

robrulz5 wrote:There isn't anything wrong with having an attacking half-back line that will set up alot of goals for us.

Having Fletch, NLM and Smokey running forward and kicking long into a forward line of Lloyd, Lucas, Johns and Hird will be a positive for the team.
i agree.
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Ramanama wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:There isn't anything wrong with having an attacking half-back line that will set up alot of goals for us.

i agree.
Be prepared for Essendon being in a lot of high scoring shoot outs.

Our side is starting to resemble the Cats under Malcolm Blight. Big Tall High Marking forward line (Brownless, Ablett, Stoneham). If only we had Hocking, Crouch etc pumping the ball into the forward line
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Ramanama wrote:

i agree.

Our side is starting to resemble the Cats under Malcolm Blight. Big Tall High Marking forward line (Brownless, Ablett, Stoneham). If only we had Hocking, Crouch etc pumping the ball into the forward line
Rubbish, our defence will be the close to the best in the league this year. We do lack a gorilla in the CHB position. BUT we will have Fletcher in a role which has a lot less defensive responsibility enabling him to aid all of the other defenders. Michael has proven he can handle pretty much any FF in the game. Mc Veigh is close to the best BP in the game, eats small forwards for breakfast. Whoever we slot into CHB the other 5 will more than compensate for any deficiencies in this area.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Sismis wrote:
Windy_Hill wrote:
Ramanama wrote:

i agree.

Rubbish, our defence will be the close to the best in the league this year. We do lack a gorilla in the CHB position. BUT we will have Fletcher in a role which has a lot less defensive responsibility enabling him to aid all of the other defenders. Michael has proven he can handle pretty much any FF in the game. Mc Veigh is close to the best BP in the game, eats small forwards for breakfast. Whoever we slot into CHB the other 5 will more than compensate for any deficiencies in this area.
I will see your Rubbish and raise you one dose of Crap

We have no CHB and Fletcher has never managed playing away from the last line of defence. Our two likely HB's are rebounding types with little regard for man on man checking.

Agree McVeigh is the real deal.

The other BP is an unknown factor.

MM will do well assuming his reduced training program (and travel) does not blunt his effectiveness

I am not sure its all as rosy as you see it Sis