Clear Yer Lockers....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: Clear Yer Lockers....

Post by Gimps »

Let's try to f*** over St Kilda again..
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

Gimps wrote:Let's try to f*** over St Kilda again..
Jetta for pick 20 or so. Now that would be a bargain.
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

donsgetthere wrote:
Jetta has quit, we'll get nothing for him.
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

Gimps wrote:
donsgetthere wrote:
Jetta has quit, we'll get nothing for him.
as a free agent we will get a late pick.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Compo pick for a guy who was nowhere near getting a game?
Like a turd in the swimming pool, these are the days of our EFC lives
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

Gyoza wrote:Compo pick for a guy who was nowhere near getting a game?
would take pick 60 compared to nothing. Use it for a preseason pick.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

If someones dumb enough to offer him a contract then we'd get one.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
nemir
Top Up Player

Post by nemir »

Would Zerrrett not be a lay down misere for the number 7 guernsey?

Also... All you guys who are still potting Stanton need to get a clue.

He's a critical aspect of the team structure, and not someone who can be replaced easily.

This season was a little disappointing compared to his last couple but dont' even hope for him not to be there next. We would be a significantly easier side to play against without him.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

nemir wrote:Would Zerrrett not be a lay down misere for the number 7 guernsey?

He's a critical aspect of the team structure, and not someone who can be replaced easily.

This season was a little disappointing compared to his last couple but dont' even hope for him not to be there next. We would be a significantly easier side to play against without him.
Agreed.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Gimps wrote:

Agreed.
Definately agree re Zerrett.

I tend to agree re Stanton.

As I've said elsewhere, the running Stanton did in the first half against North to apply defensive pressure was fantastic and went a long way to getting Essendon the lead it did. His second half was ordinary, bordering on poor, but I've heard he has been carrying an injury for the past 6 weeks, which has been reflected in his form.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

If you're a 10 year player and you wouldnt get a game at Hawthorn, why are you here?
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

robbie67 wrote:If you're a 10 year player and you wouldnt get a game at Hawthorn, why are you here?
ahahahahhha
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

If it is our dumb arse strategy to heavily rely on a Brent Stanton to deliver our game, then we will continue our BS “success”.

Time to bypass this fraud and inject an individual who will also provide moments of great courage and desperate efforts that result in scoring opportunities, as well as important link work. It amazes me how anyone could possibly applaud limp dick efforts and conclude that “we would be an easier team to play against if he were not there”. FMD. The guy causes more harm to our own team than he does the opposition.

No worries, I’m sure we’ll all see him go around again skirting the packs and yelling for a pass so that he can run around in his usual fashion. And I’m sure most will ignore the kicking into the man on the mark moments, the no awareness to being tackled moments, the falling over after being struck by feather moments, the being outrun by a sloth moments, the fumbling after hearing footstep moments etc
Essendunny
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

BenDoolan wrote:If it is our dumb arse strategy to heavily rely on a Brent Stanton to deliver our game, then we will continue our BS “success”.

Time to bypass this fraud and inject an individual who will also provide moments of great courage and desperate efforts that result in scoring opportunities, as well as important link work. It amazes me how anyone could possibly applaud limp dick efforts and conclude that “we would be an easier team to play against if he were not there”. FMD. The guy causes more harm to our own team than he does the opposition.

No worries, I’m sure we’ll all see him go around again skirting the packs and yelling for a pass so that he can run around in his usual fashion. And I’m sure most will ignore the kicking into the man on the mark moments, the no awareness to being tackled moments, the falling over after being struck by feather moments, the being outrun by a sloth moments, the fumbling after hearing footstep moments etc
White Justin Murphy.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I think they might need to try to manage Stanton's workload. He always flies in the first half of the season - then drops off towards the end. No wonder considering the amount of ground that he covers. With a few other blokes getting time up the ground, I'd like to see him spend a bit more time forward or back in the first half of next year to leave a bit of gas in the tank.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Bollocks, as Benny said, he did more harm for us than he did for the opposition on Saturday. We would almost have been better playing with 17 on the ground.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

BenDoolan wrote:If it is our dumb arse strategy to heavily rely on a Brent Stanton to deliver our game, then we will continue our BS “success”.

If we are expecting to be somewhere up near top 4 players like Stanton are not going to get us there or keep us there. Unless he is able to invent himself into a fwd who can kick goals. Thank you for your service Brent. Hird and his team need to be ruthless in their drafting and choices about who is worth keeping.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
little_ripper
Club Captain

Post by little_ripper »

donsgetthere wrote:

Whats the formula for compo picks?

Jetta has played 93 games, was taken at pick #18 in a nd. mean squat?
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

little_ripper wrote:
donsgetthere wrote:

Whats the formula for compo picks?

Jetta has played 93 games, was taken at pick #18 in a nd. mean squat?
Give us something for the 93 games of pain he put us through.