Whinge on hands in back rule

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:Someone I know has said in regards to their own upcoming footy season...

"An interesting point was raised by the coaches at my club down here on the weekend - make the effort to back back into a pack! Even if you don't think it's worth it (i.e. you're no chance to mark it), if you back into the pack strongly, there's a very good chance someone will put his hands on your back and you'll get a free for it. While it's using the new rule to possibly good effect, it's a total piece of garbage in the sense that players don't even need to make a concerted effort to go for the ball while backing back, they just have to do it confidently enough to make a player put his hands up and bingo, there's the free."

Marvellous! Welcome to the real world.....
Get the tape ready to strap those broken ribs :(
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Someone I know has said in regards to their own upcoming footy season...

"An interesting point was raised by the coaches at my club down here on the weekend - make the effort to back back into a pack! Even if you don't think it's worth it (i.e. you're no chance to mark it), if you back into the pack strongly, there's a very good chance someone will put his hands on your back and you'll get a free for it. While it's using the new rule to possibly good effect, it's a total piece of garbage in the sense that players don't even need to make a concerted effort to go for the ball while backing back, they just have to do it confidently enough to make a player put his hands up and bingo, there's the free."

Marvellous! Welcome to the real world.....

Get the tape ready to strap those broken ribs :(
Yeah, it makes you wonder!