The Bradley Story.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Funny how people who can't find any stats to back their opinion up will then state that they mean nothing.

Stats are not the be all and end all but they can be used to make useful conclusions.
Since when does one need to have stats to 'back up' there opinion? I have eyes, they work perfectly(unlike yours) and I saw the game. As did the majority of ppl here, and Kepler STUNK up the joint.

Now I had desperately hoped that Kepler would come on and eagerly awaited to see how his game had improved...But it didnt, it was the same ol' Kepler doing the same stuff.

Getting 21 possessions means nothing. Having an impact on the game does.

sismis, I have gotten into many a debate with you on these boards and you have NEVER been right when its all been said and done.

And your not right about KB here either.

I admire your optimism sismis, but you need to get in touch with reality sometimes.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

DC wrote:
Funny how people who can't find any stats to back their opinion up will then state that they mean nothing.

Stats are not the be all and end all but they can be used to make useful conclusions.
Since when does one need to have stats to 'back up' there opinion? I have eyes, they work perfectly(unlike yours) and I saw the game. As did the majority of ppl here, and Kepler STUNK up the joint.

Now I had desperately hoped that Kepler would come on and eagerly awaited to see how his game had improved...But it didnt, it was the same ol' Kepler doing the same stuff.

Getting 21 possessions means nothing. Having an impact on the game does.

sismis, I have gotten into many a debate with you on these boards and you have NEVER been right when its all been said and done.

And your not right about KB here either.

I admire your optimism sismis, but you need to get in touch with reality sometimes.
Why then can't you demonstrate the perfection of your eyes and provide examples to counter what boncer has put down?
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

sismis, did you even watch the game?
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

No fan of the guy, but thought he was far from the worst on saturday night and played "ok".

McVeigh was a turnover machine. His kicking is all style, and no substance.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

DC wrote:sismis, did you even watch the game?
Yup, I thought he played OK. Thing that stuck out most for me is he took an important mark under pressure when the game was there to be won and booted 50m to our advantage. He cocked up a couple of times, so did a lot of other players.

Your contention that he "STUNK up the joint" is based on what?
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

A boncerific post bonce.

well done for putting the stats, along with your comentary on paper,

I missed most of the game, (didn't see the first half and was drunk watching the second at a mates 30th).

but going from the posts on here I would have swarn kep must have passed the ball to Fev's chest 5 times 10 meters out to have had such a negative impact on the game.

I think Kep needs to be given a chance to prove himself in a different role (ie not KP defender) and one game where he got 21 touchs, does not seal his fate, notwithstanding 5 poor disposals.

onward and upward i say.
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Interesting that now when stats dont go the way some people like, that they dont matter. I have never claimed the stats are the be all and end all or even that Bradley was any good. All this shows is that some people need to pull their head outta their ass and actually start arguing a legitimate case other then making comments like, "Did you actually watch the game? " Or my other favourite, "Everyone around me....."

Also Gringo for the last time you absoloute idiotic little toad. Watson turned it over 3 times I agree but NONE of them directly related in a carlton goal. I have the tape you moron I can tell you exactly when he coughed it up and what happened in the next 10 passages of play. NO GOAL. Duh.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I dare say that he got tackled when in possession more than once.

What about when he kicks it over his team mates head and his team mate has to run onto it? Isnt that an ineffective possession if his team mate gets caught?

I counted two handballs that didnt hit the target in the 3rd quarter. While you might say "only 2", its a handball for f*** sake.

Boncer, what you have done is terrific, but of what benefit was he to the team? His turnovers (there were more than one) were costly, and there is no such thing as a contested mark when it is against Eddie Betts. Betts is 5 foot nothing, Bradley should mark them nice and easily.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Does it count if the blokes running back with the flight of the ball and the ball is still out of the reach of his fully extended arms on the jump? Coz that was the contest Ross. All the points you mentioned were examined and this is quite simply the result. Your memory may recall that Ross but the actually tape of the game doesn't.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

If his arms are fully extended then thats fair enough.

But I find it rather hard to believe he was only tackled once.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Nah mate I think you got me wrong. The tackles count is how many times HE tackled someone.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

So Boncer, how many times did he get tackled by being too slow?
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

How many times was he run down and lost possesion when he was in the clear? Once. How many times was he tackled and still got off a possesion? 4. But the possesions hit the target.
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

shoot me down or give me a medal but is it worth giving the bloke a shot at being a backup ruckman?
At 199cm he is only 2cm shorter than Hille.

it has to be worth a shot maybe in one of the practice games, he's sh!t at everything else
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

it has to be worth a shot maybe in one of the practice games, he's sh!t at everything else
Not according to 'the stats'. He is a champion in the making according to 'the stats'. :roll:

Didnt you see the impact on the game Keps had. You havent done your homework dyson, the stats say Bradley was pretty good. Im not even going to watch games anymore, Im just going to look at the stats.

I think he should play at CHF because he kicked that 1 goal last week. Let Scotty Lucas come off the bench or play at Bendigo and let Keps play at CHF, I am sure he can hold it down. The stats say he kicked that 1 goal, so he should play in the forward line.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

DYSON#2 wrote:shoot me down or give me a medal but is it worth giving the bloke a shot at being a backup ruckman?

No

Hille > Laycock > Ryder

We dont need another ruck
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

And McKinnon who looked very good in both scratch games.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Windy_Hill wrote:
DYSON#2 wrote:shoot me down or give me a medal but is it worth giving the bloke a shot at being a backup ruckman?

No

Hille > Laycock > Ryder

We dont need another ruck
Ryder looked ok in defence, so maybe Bradley can play ruck if Laycock or Hille get injured.

The stats say he played well on the wing though so I guess the wing is his best position.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

The stats say he played well on the wing though so I guess the wing is his best position.
I can see it now Kepler hitting Lloyd, Lucas or Johns lace out...cant wait.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

DC wrote:
I can see it now Kepler hitting Lloyd, Lucas or Johns lace out...cant wait.
I was being sarcastic. Im on your side in regards to Bradley and stats meaning f*** all.

He may hit Lloyd when on a lead, but I doubt it will be with the ball.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley