Round 5 v St Kilda

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
hop
Club Captain

Re: Round 5 v St Kilda

Post by hop »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:McKernan and Merrett were the two senior list standouts from the VFL today and are in with a big chance of playing against the Saints. Id bring in McKernan for Ambrose and Merrett for Chappy. Buckets and TB get one more chance to make an impact against a young Saints side- if they don't perform then they need to be dropped.
Thanks Mrs Mercs - great to have the insightful input.

I like the idea of McKernan as our 3rd tall up forward and a relieving ruckman.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Isn't McKernan on the rooking list? If so, was he upgraded?
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Crazyman wrote:Isn't McKernan on the rooking list? If so, was he upgraded?
Yeah, he's been upgraded. Good to go.

I'd have no problem with he or Giles coming in, along with Jerrett, and wouldn't mind seeing Gwilt get a crack against his old team.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Gimps wrote:
Crazyman wrote:Isn't McKernan on the rooking list? If so, was he upgraded?
Yeah, he's been upgraded. Good to go.

I'd have no problem with he or Giles coming in, along with Jerrett, and wouldn't mind seeing Gwilt get a crack against his old team.
Cool thanks Gimps...must have missed the memo about McKernan being upgraded...
Based on that, who would you have out?
Carlisle for Giles/McKernan, Fletch 'rested' for Gwilt, Jerrett for ???
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

I'd imagine Chappy might get a rest, so Jerrett can come in for him.

Gwilt for Fletch or Gleeson

McKernan/ Giles is a tough one. Could see them dropping someone like Ambrose, but then we'd probably be too tall. Carlisle is a possibility, but they may want to give him a chance under the roof. I can't see them dropping Bellchambers.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Gimps wrote:I'd imagine Chappy might get a rest, so Jerrett can come in for him.

McKernan/ Giles is a tough one. Could see them dropping someone like Ambrose, but then we'd probably be too tall. Carlisle is a possibility, but they may want to give him a chance under the roof. I can't see them dropping Bellchambers.
would have thought fletch would play this one and miss the Freo game in Perth?
DC2
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC2 »

not sure why fletch woul miss for. if hes fit then he will play.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

DC2 wrote:not sure why fletch woul miss for. if hes fit then he will play.
I think it's more me hoping he will as I bed him to miss a couple, so I can see his 400th. I'm not back from Brazil til the Geelong game.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

MH_Bomber wrote:
BenDoolan wrote: Gleeson was dreadful today too.
From what I saw Gleeson was smashed the head twice by that Neandathal Cloke and no one adequately flew the flag. That really annoyed me yesterday.

Me too and that was when I felt that no one came to support him or gave a rats arse and the game was probably lost already. And it was.
Even in the royal coaches box nothing but blank stares. What's happening boys? Definitely in need of some crank juice.
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Gimps wrote:I'd imagine Chappy might get a rest, so Jerrett can come in for him.

Chappy should be dropped regardless of whether he needs a rest. That is 2 shockers in a row he has played.

He's simply too slow to play as a small forward. He can't create separation between himself and his defender. In some instances, he gets beaten to the ball by his defender.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Flip
Regular Senior Player

Post by Flip »

gringo wrote:

Chappy should be dropped regardless of whether he needs a rest. That is 2 shockers in a row he has played.

He's simply too slow to play as a small forward. He can't create separation between himself and his defender. In some instances, he gets beaten to the ball by his defender.
Shouldn't have played with that belt he copped Chappy.....say what you like but concussion should always be one week rest.....no matter what written or Q&A tests say.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:Are we going to be dumber this week and lose to a rabble like St. Kilda like we did last year?
No, because it will be dry.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:Bring in Langford.
Promising, but too skinny.

Giles and McKernan were both good yesterday. McKernan was better and did more up forward with 2 goals. I think Ambrose or Carlisle has to be dropped. If it's Carlsile, then McKernan has to come in, if it's Ambrose, then Laverde could get a look.

I didn't think Merrett had the impact that 30+ possessions sounds like yesterday. Kavanagh did more with fewer touches and appears tougher than last year.
donsgetthere
High Draft Pick

Post by donsgetthere »

j-mac31 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Bring in Langford.
Promising, but too skinny.

Giles and McKernan were both good yesterday. McKernan was better and did more up forward with 2 goals. I think Ambrose or Carlisle has to be dropped. If it's Carlsile, then McKernan has to come in, if it's Ambrose, then Laverde could get a look.

I didn't think Merrett had the impact that 30+ possessions sounds like yesterday. Kavanagh did more with fewer touches and appears tougher than last year.
Kav isn't afl standard.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

IN: Langford
OUT: Chapman (Groin)

Fletcher, Hurley, Gleeson
Goddard, Hooker, Dempsey
Hibberd, Watson, Stanton
Howlett, Langford, Ambrose
ZMerrett, Daniher, Carlisle

Bellchambers, Colyer, Zaharakis

I/C: Melksham, Heppell, Hams, Baguley

Aints
Dempster, Delaney, Geary
Savage, Fisher, Newnes
Roberton, Armitage, Sinclair
Billings, Bruce, Dunstan
McKenzie, Membrey, Lonie

Longer, Weller, Steven

I/C: Hickey, Acres, Schneider, Webster
Last edited by Royza on Fri May 01, 2015 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

From that I'd keep Merrett and Langford and drop Ambrose as well. He needs to get some f****** kicks, regardless of the level.

Not that it really matters, but I'm a little surprised that McKernan or Giles didn't get a look in as an emergency.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

j-mac31 wrote:From that I'd keep Merrett and Langford and drop Ambrose as well. He needs to get some f****** kicks, regardless of the level.

Not that it really matters, but I'm a little surprised that McKernan or Giles didn't get a look in as an emergency.
Langford's too skinny :wink:

Agree with your suggestion. Gleeson lucky to retain his spot, but that's ok - as long as he makes up for last week.
Essendunny
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

BenDoolan wrote:
j-mac31 wrote:From that I'd keep Merrett and Langford and drop Ambrose as well. He needs to get some f****** kicks, regardless of the level.

Agree with your suggestion. Gleeson lucky to retain his spot, but that's ok - as long as he makes up for last week.
f***! I was thinking of Laverde. #-o #-o Well done Doolan.

Ok now I'm guessing that Ambrose and Carlisle will play, given no talls are in. No excuses against a shit team.

Maybe Gleeson will miss. I know everyone on here will disagree, but if Kav comes in this week it is not undeserved.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Langford to debut - Saints are a young side - he should not get beaten up too much by bigger bodies!

Kid will be a good player - natural footballer that knows where to lead and has good hands (from what I/we saw in the pre season) and should compliment our forward line nicely. Can play the Chappy role and run between the arcs and be an option for goal.

Hope he has a blinder!
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

j-mac31 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

f***! I was thinking of Laverde. #-o #-o Well done Doolan.

Ok now I'm guessing that Ambrose and Carlisle will play, given no talls are in. No excuses against a shit team.

Maybe Gleeson will miss. I know everyone on here will disagree, but if Kav comes in this week it is not undeserved.
I still hold out hope for him.