Brownlow- Jobe hands it back

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Brownlow- Jobe hands it back

Post by robbie67 »

Gimps wrote:
BERT wrote:He is a better man than I'll ever be. I would have told the AFL to get f-ed and then thrown it in the Yarra.
Same here. I would have put it in my arse for a day, turned up to headquarters and shat it out on Gil's desk.
Would have gotten lost up the chasm.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Ronny Rotten wrote:Great man Jobe:

but who is this farkwit culbert with these quotes....

Follow

David Culbert
‏@Culbert_Report
Jobe Watson is no hero. He took a performance enhancing drug (2 when you include AOD). He won Brownlow whilst on drugs & got banned. #Facts

Then he adds this gem, .......the moron:

Follow

David Culbert
‏@Culbert_Report
Congratulations to 2012 Brownlow medallists Trent Cotchin & Sam Mitchell. Pity they didn't get their moment in sun. Stolen from them. #AFL

Dave Culbert is a failed athlete who resents successful athletes with a sociologally unbalanced fervour. In other words he's your classic small man trying to punch the bigger man in the nose but failing terribly. The consequence of this is he becomes more and more bitter.

Just a laughable little ****tard
This is the second good post from you in a fortnight. It's like when we get a years rainfall in a day. Astonishing.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

robbie67 - Our very own Bizzaro version of Jobe.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Re: Brownlow - Jobe hands it back

Post by Jazz_84 »

Shit feelings brought back up hearing this news yesterday.... at least now it's 100% done, no more bullshit can be dragged out from this

I'm with you guys I wouldn't have handed it back so nicely, shitting it on Gill's desk sounds pretty reasonable given they way they have treated us
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Great article by chip in the weekend oz if you get a chance to find online.(sorry have mine delivered! Thanks to awesome wife)
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

The worms have crawled out of the woodwork as we would expect. Social medarfia and The Roar saying the same old stuff about Jobe, James Hird and the Drug Saga. If only 10% of these morons read anything else other than the headlines fed to the media by the AFL.

It might be getting harder for me to keep my non violence vows this year than last. The facts are that the AFL punished all Essendon players even the ones not involved in the supplement scandal from 2013 to 2016.

If the AFL were in an way fair dinkum, they would completely recount the 2012 Brownlow and take all the votes earned by Essendon players involved and give them to players already in the 3, 2, 1, vote. In other words, it would not affect someone who has polled 3 votes but it could affect those below. Perhaps neither Mitchell or Cotchin would be the winner of the 2012 Brownlow if the recount was done this way?
Nothing usually happens until something happens.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The whole statement from Jobe was first class. Making sure to add in about not agreeing about the CAS decision was very important, certainly helps us point it out to anyone saying this is an admission of guilt.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Jazz_84 wrote:Shit feelings brought back up hearing this news yesterday.... at least now it's 100% done, no more bullshit can be dragged out from this

I'm with you guys I wouldn't have handed it back so nicely, shitting it on Gill's desk sounds pretty reasonable given they way they have treated us
My feelings exactly. Maybe he could have just quietly wiped some shit on it (without telling them) and then handed it in.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

billyduckworth wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:Shit feelings brought back up hearing this news yesterday.... at least now it's 100% done, no more bullshit can be dragged out from this

My feelings exactly. Maybe he could have just quietly wiped some shit on it (without telling them) and then handed it in.
Put it back n an anonymous brown paper bag laced with anthrax :P
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Courtesy of Professor Anthrax.

Yellowbeard! :lol:
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

First class by Jobe. I am shattered he has lost his Brownlow but I am gratified that he chose to determine his destiny not the AFL.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

mdso wrote: If the AFL were in an way fair dinkum, they would completely recount the 2012 Brownlow and take all the votes earned by Essendon players involved and give them to players already in the 3, 2, 1, vote. In other words, it would not affect someone who has polled 3 votes but it could affect those below. Perhaps neither Mitchell or Cotchin would be the winner of the 2012 Brownlow if the recount was done this way?
Pretty sure Scott Thompson wins taking out Essendon votes
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Jazz_84 wrote:
mdso wrote: If the AFL were in an way fair dinkum, they would completely recount the 2012 Brownlow and take all the votes earned by Essendon players involved and give them to players already in the 3, 2, 1, vote. In other words, it would not affect someone who has polled 3 votes but it could affect those below. Perhaps neither Mitchell or Cotchin would be the winner of the 2012 Brownlow if the recount was done this way?

Exactly

Medal should go to the players with the highest vote after all Essendon votes are removed - So if Lets say you have a game where Essendon Players polled the 3 and 2 vote and the opponent the one vote. Then for this game, the opponent on 1 vote would be promoted to a 3 vote. If you have the opponents taking the 3 and 1 vote and the Essendon player the 2 vote then the 1 vote gets promoted to a 2 vote.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:

Exactly

Medal should go to the players with the highest vote after all Essendon votes are removed - So if Lets say you have a game where Essendon Players polled the 3 and 2 vote and the opponent the one vote. Then for this game, the opponent on 1 vote would be promoted to a 3 vote. If you have the opponents taking the 3 and 1 vote and the Essendon player the 2 vote then the 1 vote gets promoted to a 2 vote.
That is what I am saying and because this event has never happened before it is important it is done fairly for everyone. Scott Thompson would be the winner if it were done this way. That's how it ought to be. The AFL in all their shining brilliance have NO CLASS AT ALL.
mdso
Club Captain

Post by mdso »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:

Exactly

That is what I am saying and because this event has never happened before it is important it is done fairly for everyone. Scott Thompson would be the winner if it were done this way. That's how it ought to be. The AFL in all their shining brilliance have NO CLASS AT ALL.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Post by Ronny Rotten »

There is a "what if" situation that could arise, the AFL should consider in deciding if the Brownlow is awarded in 2012.

Now while some people want this saga to end & go away, I understand there are "behind the scenes" investigations by influential people looking at this saga into all the legalities of this flawed, corrupt probe such as altering & omitting evidence among other things.
Also not forgetting that a Senate investigation is still ongoing I believe.
Now what if in the future justice finally prevails & the 34 are exonerated, that the AFL tribunal got it right when they were cleared in 2015.
What happens then if Fitzpatrick & co. award the 2012 Brownlow to "sniper" Mitchell & "Captain kickless" Crotchin. Do they take it off those 2 bozo's & give it back rightfully to Jobe? Interesting.

Now if they give the medal to those 2, I don't think the reception they get when the Bombers play them next year would be very kind.

Jobe has more integrity that the knee merchant mitchell & is twice the player than crotchin.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Can't blame Cotchin or Mitchell if they get it...not like they make the decision...
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

MH_Bomber wrote:First class by Jobe. I am shattered he has lost his Brownlow but I am gratified that he chose to determine his destiny not the AFL.

Ditto.

There is only one winner of the 2012 Brownlow - not the two that will probably end up receiving it.
Knowing that should be enough for all of us.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
bpdons
High Draft Pick

Post by bpdons »

The powers that be have awarded it to the equal 2nd best players in the comp for that year