2017 Half Season & End of Season Report Card

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: 2017 Half Season Report Card

Post by Windy_Hill »

Woosha: Come in Stants...have a seat. Mate, you're back in the team this week. Congrats.
Stants: But boss I'm shit these days...can't kick, can't mark...so why?
Woosha: Mate we owe you coz of all the supps Hirdy and Danksy pumped into you back in 2012.
Stants: yeah fair enough Boss...but listen can you just do something about those assholes on Bombertalk though...they'll have a freaking seizure when they hear about this.
Woosha: Yeah no probs Mate, I'll just spin some crap to the media about your amazing form in the Magoos...warrants AA consideration and possibly a Rising Star nod...
Stants: cheers boss, that should do it.

Yep... guess you guys are right
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Re: 2017 Half Season Report Card

Post by Gimps »

Windy_Hill wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:21 am Woosha: Come in Stants...have a seat. Mate, you're back in the team this week. Congrats.
Stants: But boss I'm shit these days...can't kick, can't mark...so why?
Woosha: Mate we owe you coz of all the supps Hirdy and Danksy pumped into you back in 2012.
Stants: yeah fair enough Boss...but listen can you just do something about those assholes on Bombertalk though...they'll have a freaking seizure when they hear about this.
Woosha: Yeah no probs Mate, I'll just spin some crap to the media about your amazing form in the Magoos...warrants AA consideration and possibly a Rising Star nod...
Stants: cheers boss, that should do it.

Yep... guess you guys are right
You need to change dealers..
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: 2017 Half Season & End of Report Card

Post by BenDoolan »

BUMPED

Updated...
Last edited by BenDoolan on Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Great analysis of the players and coach BD.

I want to see Hooker and Tippa go back to backline. I think Stewart can step up with more fitness to run out games. As for Tippa I think his best footy has been as a fast half back flanker that has the gift of quality delivery into the forward line we need. With Kelly retiring and McGrath spending more time in the midfield, I think we need him there.

I was rapt with Gleeson's second half of the season. He was one of the few that played well in the last 4 games.

Given the unique circumstances of so many players coming back into the club after them being tragically banned, Worsfold has done a great job of managing the complex situation in terms of selection. My main criticism is his lack of reaction to events in game .

We need to get Francis right in terms of aerobic engine. I would love to see this lad reach his potential.

I am looking forward next year to see how we perform as an assimilated and integrated unit for the first time.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Re: 2017 Half Season & End of Season Report Card

Post by boncer34 »

I'd have given our season a 6 Benny but other then that I agree with your assessment.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:36 am I'd have given our season a 6 Benny but other then that I agree with your assessment.
I was going to give it a 6...but then we got smoked in the final. Had we at least given it a shake, that's what I would have given.

Perhaps split the difference and give 5.5 :lol:
Essendunny
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BenDoolan wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:45 am
boncer34 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:36 am I'd have given our season a 6 Benny but other then that I agree with your assessment.
I was going to give it a 6...but then we got smoked in the final. Had we at least given it a shake, that's what I would have given.

Yeah I can see why you did it and part of me agrees.

I tend to be softer because we had no idea how this year would go and we did end up beating 11 other clubs after the H&A season.

The final is hard to overlook though.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

boncer34 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:22 pm
BenDoolan wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:45 am

Yeah I can see why you did it and part of me agrees.

I tend to be softer because we had no idea how this year would go and we did end up beating 11 other clubs after the H&A season.

The final is hard to overlook though.
I think that is about right just over a pass. I think same result next year is a fail though.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

MH_Bomber wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:00 am As for Tippa I think his best footy has been as a fast half back flanker that has the gift of quality delivery into the forward line we need. With Kelly retiring and McGrath spending more time in the midfield, I think we need him there.
His speed and skill is good off half back, but I think he's more valuable up forward where he can create something out of nothing with his tackling and skill. Also kicked 30+ goals for the year.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.