Devon Smith

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Re: Devon Smith

Post by Western Red »

boncer34 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:37 am Don't make any mistake. This is a shot at the Dogs.
f*** the Dogs - you cannot want a high draft pick for a bloke you put on the scrap heap - Bevo had of kept his mouth shut they would have got pick 11.

I would think that Francis to Adelaide would need to happen now for us to get another pick to package up with Colyer.
Gimps
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gimps »

Good deal. Happy to have him on board.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Another midget. We need to look at getting some bigger bodied players on to the list, particularly around the midfield.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

gringo wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:22 am Another midget. We need to look at getting some bigger bodied players on to the list, particularly around the midfield.
Where from?
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Sismis wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:35 am
gringo wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:22 am Another midget. We need to look at getting some bigger bodied players on to the list, particularly around the midfield.
Where from?
Dank?
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Western Red wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:38 am
boncer34 wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:37 am Don't make any mistake. This is a shot at the Dogs.
f*** the Dogs - you cannot want a high draft pick for a bloke you put on the scrap heap - Bevo had of kept his mouth shut they would have got pick 11.

I would think that Francis to Adelaide would need to happen now for us to get another pick to package up with Colyer.
We will trade the 2 x 2nd rounders for a pick in the high teens and that will go to the Dogs. Next years 2nd will go to the Suns for Saad.

Jackets has played this one well.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Clearly no other club is chasing Stringer or has the trade currency which is why Dodoro felt comfortable getting the Smith deal done using 11. I dont believe they would be throwing away any chance of getting Stringer just to go f*** You Bulldogs. So I would imagine behind the scenes the deal is still alive and now depending on the outcome of what we do with the 2 second round picks. I am guessing these will be traded for a selection in the high teens to satisfy the Bulldogs. We'll see I guess

Either way, Smith is the best of the three S's in my opinion so very pleased to have him locked down
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Of course we're still getting Stringer.

But this still sent a "go f*** yourselves" message to the Dogs.

They tried to play silly buggers and demand the world thinking we'd fold. Shockingly our world doesn't revolve around them though.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

My first thought. It stuck it right up 'em! vingertje
Worsfold wrote:... Smith is a welcome addition to the Club’s list..

“He is an exciting midfielder, who hunts the footy and uses it well. He adds that depth that we’ve been looking to add to our midfield group,” Worsfold said.

“We want guys that we know can play at the elite level but also have character - guys that are hungry to get the best out of themselves.

“We want players owning their own career and driving themselves to achieve the maximum they can and by doing so help us, as a team, achieve the goals that we are aiming for.

“Devon fits all of those key criteria for us.”
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Where from?
VFL, reckon the club is hoping the likes of Mutch, Begley, Langford, Laverde will develop into those big bodied midfield types.

Reckon it is probably too soon to expect too much from Mutch and Begley and there are obviously still pretty significant question marks over Langford and Laverde.

But what other inside mid types are available?
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

gringo wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:00 pm
Where from?
Dank?
Is he having a fire sale to cover his debts?
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

ealesy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:13 pm
Where from?
VFL, reckon the club is hoping the likes of Mutch, Begley, Langford, Laverde will develop into those big bodied midfield types.

Reckon it is probably too soon to expect too much from Mutch and Begley and there are obviously still pretty significant question marks over Langford and Laverde.

Dylan Clarke is an extractor. An honest footballer but still a while away I expect. With some more body and another year, I hope he can take the leap. He's not the answer you're looking for I expect.

I watched him as a junior where he was a clear standout against the likes of Begley and Gallucci from Adelaide. Of course the big league is different but I have hope for his development, but not holding my breathe.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Good stuff!

Fantastic get. Looks like we'll finally crack something useful from GWS 8)
Essendunny
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Rumours circulating on Bomberblitz that Paul Connors is looking at pulling out the breach of contract play against the Bulldogs to get the trade done and get Stringer to Essendon. Couple of posters have claimed he has had several discussion with Paul Marsh, the head of the AFLPA and has his backing to go that route.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Welcome aboard Devon.
An sizeable upgrade on Hams :wink:
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

ealesy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:10 pm Rumours circulating on Bomberblitz that Paul Connors is looking at pulling out the breach of contract play against the Bulldogs to get the trade done and get Stringer to Essendon. Couple of posters have claimed he has had several discussion with Paul Marsh, the head of the AFLPA and has his backing to go that route.
How have the Bulldogs breached their contract with Stringer?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

ealesy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:10 pm Rumours circulating on Bomberblitz that Paul Connors is looking at pulling out the breach of contract play against the Bulldogs to get the trade done and get Stringer to Essendon. Couple of posters have claimed he has had several discussion with Paul Marsh, the head of the AFLPA and has his backing to go that route.
Nah.

Someone's making shit up.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Crazyman wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:37 am Welcome aboard Devon.
An sizeable upgrade on Hams :wink:
:lol:
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Where from?

Aaron Francis perhaps.....

Looks like there is little love coming his way from the 2 Adelaide clubs. Seems a weird strategy to restrict your choice to a place where there is only two clubs that you haven't even communicated with.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

hop wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:49 pm
Where from?

Aaron Francis perhaps.....

Looks like there is little love coming his way from the 2 Adelaide clubs. Seems a weird strategy to restrict your choice to a place where there is only two clubs that you haven't even communicated with.
How many clubs are there in the SANFL?
Essendunny