Clash strip this week

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

tonysoprano wrote:I don't have a problem with it - and I actually remember the days of the red shorts - which I reckon look great.

What matters is what you do in the game - what you are wearing is incidental to me.

I'd prefer wearing pink lycra and holding on to a 48 pt lead rather than saving the sash and and going down the way we did on Saturday.
Sorry big guy I dont see the correlation between what we wear and how we play. I dont think our game play depends on how well we play.

This is about tradition and pride in what our great team wears and the fact the change not only makes no difference to the clash but IMO makes the clashes worse.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Just to be a nit picker, when something clashes it is distinctly different. When they are similar, it "blends". So when we talk about a clash guernsey, it is about making it distinctly different to the other team. Widening the red sash makes no bloody difference to playing against "blend" team in Melbourne, the somehow "blend" team in St.Kilda and the supposed "blend" team in Richmond....it's an idiot's world inside the AFL.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Go the red shorts. Farkin love em.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Re: Clash strip this week

Post by rockhole »

Rossoneri wrote:Well guys, here is the week where we see our clash strip. Should be interesting, I hope I do not see another person wearing that strip in the crowd.
The jumper, club colours and standard configuration means a hell of a lot to a lot of people, myself included.

The wankers who administer our game have no concept of tradition which is illustrated by the countless times they run roughshod over the clubs and their supporters. As long as there is a buck to made and the great god television is appeased, everything is up for grabs.

I am partilally colour blind and have never had a problem with opposing jumpers. If you cannot tell the difference btween a St.Kilda jumper and an Essendon jumper, perhaps AFL is not for you.

Gehrig looks like getting at least a week!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Windy_Hill wrote:Yep - pathetic

As I have said before - looks like a normal Essendon Jumper being worn by Tony Lockett
Classic :D :D :D :D
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Filthy wrote:
robbie67 wrote:Go the red shorts. Farkin love em.
A flash back to the 70's early 80's Rob :wink:
Each time I think of the 70"s I think of Tuddy, Roberts, Fields, Cassin and the rest of the thugs that made up the team. I would rather forget them and the shorts!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Filthy wrote:
robbie67 wrote:Go the red shorts. Farkin love em.
A flash back to the 70's early 80's Rob :wink:
Last year's cut was sensational....the 70's/80's model was pox.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

Red shorts with the normal guernsey was the way to go, but the AFL did not want to lose face.
Red and Black Forever
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

spikefan wrote:Red shorts with the normal guernsey was the way to go, but the AFL did not want to lose face.
No, but they've lost their f****** minds!
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

BenDoolan wrote: No, but they've lost their f****** minds!
That's called hubris, they make a bit of money and now they think they are geniuses. Sadly there does not seem to be a process to fix this :evil:
Red and Black Forever
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Surely it would have been harder to distinguish between jumpers 20 years ago when grounds still got muddy.

I dare say most fans that attend games and watch on TV know which player is which without looking at the jumper. As each player runs differently, kicks differently and looks different!