Assessing the Worth of Damien Peverill

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I had him as our 24th or 25th player. A fringe player at best, but he has really played well this year. He isnt slow either and he runs all day, and though his skills can sometimes let him down, we still need someone getting teh ball and dishing out a hand pass to a running player.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I'm not at all saying yesterday was a bad game by him. He did play a great game, but one good game doesn't mean I will forget what he has been renowned for.
I'm not like alot of the posters here, who change their opinion after each game.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Essendon4eva wrote:I'm not at all saying yesterday was a bad game by him. He did play a great game, but one good game doesn't mean I will forget what he has been renowned for.
I'm not like alot of the posters here, who change their opinion after each game.
From the St. Kilda game onwards last year, he has turned his career around. His last 10-12 games for the club have been quite good.

Nothing earth shattering, but he has been playing a lot better.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Essendon4eva wrote:I'm not at all saying yesterday was a bad game by him. He did play a great game, but one good game doesn't mean I will forget what he has been renowned for.
He'd be in our top 5 in the B/F after 4 games. 4 games is more than one game.

By the way, there's nothing wrong with having a dynamic opinion capable of change. In fact, i'd say it's far more petulant and perverse to maintain the same opinion when that opinion is clearly wrong, just for the sake of 'consistency'.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

What is that hard running a heart the size of phar lap and never giving up??

I would actually like someone (Me if I wasnt so lazy) to dig up his effective kicks %. I dont think it would even be that bad!!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

This is incredible. Seriously, some of our supporters would have been bagging the likes of Garry Foulds, Nobby Clarke, Frank Dunell, Shane Heard and other quiet achievers back in the mid 80's. The guy is playing extremely good football.....give him a pat on the back FFS!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

BenDoolan wrote:This is incredible. Seriously, some of our supporters would have been bagging the likes of Garry Foulds, Nobby Clarke, Frank Dunell, Shane Heard and other quiet achievers back in the mid 80's. The guy is playing extremely good football.....give him a pat on the back FFS!
For some, if the guy isnt Chris Judd, he isnt anything. Zero comprehension. You'd think Chris Daniher, Paul Hills, David Calthorpe, David Grenvold etc etc had never played in a premiership.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
He'd be in our top 5 in the B/F after 4 games. 4 games is more than one game.

By the way, there's nothing wrong with having a dynamic opinion capable of change. In fact, i'd say it's far more petulant and perverse to maintain the same opinion when that opinion is clearly wrong, just for the sake of 'consistency'.
Ok Dr Phil. You have seemed to miss the entire point. Every time I see Pevril get the ball, I cringe, as a see a kick that goes the distance but rarley goes straight and never comes of the boot right. I admitted he has played better against St kilda, but before that he was far from great, in my eyes.
Do you know what made him good when he debuted? He tagged the oppositions main player. That is why he was hyped. We took a guy who had little flash and skill, but put im in a roll that suited him. Do the tough stuff and shut down the opposition.

This forum, has certain posters, who after all the hype this year predicted a top 8 finish. Then after one NAB Cup game, changed their opinions straight away. There is a difference between what I said and what you thought I said. I don't keep the same opinion for teh sake of it. I said nothing of the sort. How you could miss interprute something so simple is beyond me. BUT...just so you do understand. Just because a player has a few good games, doesn't mean I will jump on the bandwagon or go out on a lim about them turning things around or being a star. If Damian Pevrill, plays like he did agaisnt St Kilda, consistantly this entire season, then I will give him props, because he would have earned it.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robbie67 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:This is incredible. Seriously, some of our supporters would have been bagging the likes of Garry Foulds, Nobby Clarke, Frank Dunell, Shane Heard and other quiet achievers back in the mid 80's. The guy is playing extremely good football.....give him a pat on the back FFS!
For some, if the guy isnt Chris Judd, he isnt anything. Zero comprehension. You'd think Chris Daniher, Paul Hills, David Calthorpe, David Grenvold etc etc had never played in a premiership.
Aint that the truth!
Rover 7
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover 7 »

Ah,the prick the Pev bubble burble.
Not a fashionable player,No.Not the most skilled.Not the best kick.Not the best mark.Not the most dazzling.Not the stylist.Not the best looking even.
Get rid of him,now!
Some people don't watch the game.The bloke would be on the list each week without doubt and is a very valuable team player.
And needed.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

BenDoolan wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
Aint that the truth!
Perception can be a funny thing sometimes... Good call fellas. :wink: