Our Ruck Work

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Gossy7 wrote:
You wait until a few weeks when he plays a blinder.
A few weeks? Geez, we have been waiting for long than that already.

His ruckwork is shithouse. I cant recall a game where 5 of his center taps went directly to a team mate in the same game.

Around the ground he is ok, but he really needs to work on his taps.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I agree Rosso.

Hille is a dud and just has not improved on where he was a few years back. Cartledge had potential and was still only 21, should have kept him.

Ryder would be excellent as a ruckman in a few years, but if he's gonna stay as a defender we need other options.

If Laycock can find some form again, he will be good. I saw Lachlan McKinnon yesterday for the first time since school days and he looked very good. If only Knights hadn't left him on the bench for the second half of every quater with no other real ruckman in the team Bendigo might have stolen a win against the team that has won the last 4 VFL premierships. McKinon also seemed to move around well and mark very well.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

i actually thought chook has been playing pretty well so far this year.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Brumaz wrote:i actually thought chook has been playing pretty well so far this year.
Look beyond the occasional good grab and the occasional goal you will see some problems in the centre bounce, ball ups and throw ins.

I like the boy.....but I'm concerned about his technique.
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

Laycock has played, what, 30 games? I think once he gets some more confidence in his body he will develop into a fine ruckman. Is still very inexperienced as an AFL ruckman.

Hille is a strange one. Often looks like he's got things figured out (I thought he was great for us last year) but has never really kicked on. Seems content to be a solid player rather than striving to be a good/great one. Certainly has the physical tools. Ideally I think Hille would be better value as the back-up ruckman, but with no other established rucks in the team that won't happen.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

azza78 wrote:Laycock has played, what, 30 games? I think once he gets some more confidence in his body he will develop into a fine ruckman. Is still very inexperienced as an AFL ruckman.
I'm more interested in who's at the club helping him out. It's great to hear that the club is really putting in hard on the training track - skills work, tackling drills etc, but what are Hille, Laycock & Co doing at training re: ruck work? I would love to hear from those who go to training to report whether or not we have a ruck coach doing ruck work with these guys at training.....