Bradley at Bendigo

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I see this as shithouse. It will only encourage Sheedy to bring him back in too early ahead of Houli or someone else who better deserves it AND he'll have to play away from the forward line, where he stinks.

Bradley MUST play at CHB for Bendigo, with Lee and FB, so they can develop for those positions. There are no key forward spots up for grabs and Bradley is NOT a ruckman and definitely not a wingman.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Five goals and close to best on ground again.

Great work Keps. Good to see he's not dropping his head.
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

gave this thread a brief read. Whoever said Stanton needs to earn his spot has lost it.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Well done Kep. Keep it up, hope you do well for the next 3-4 weeks. Note to selectors: Leave him be, and let him dominate for a few weeks before promoting him.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

It'd be good if Bomber fans would cut the kid some slack. It'll be a total waste of time getting his confidence up in the magoos, only to have him come back to the seniors in a few weeks time and get booed by so-called Bomber "fans"...

:evil:
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Best on ground again... he's going to be giving them big headaches at the selection table now. That's four games in the twos that he's played and he's been BOG in two and in the best in another (kicking five goals).
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

andrewb wrote:Best on ground again... he's going to be giving them big headaches at the selection table now. That's four games in the twos that he's played and he's been BOG in two and in the best in another (kicking five goals).
Who do you drop for him?

He is too slow to play midfield, he must only play up forward. And forgive me if this sounds silly, but ill prefer Lucas, Lloyd and Hird to be in the team than Bradley.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Rossoneri wrote:
andrewb wrote:Best on ground again... he's going to be giving them big headaches at the selection table now. That's four games in the twos that he's played and he's been BOG in two and in the best in another (kicking five goals).
Who do you drop for him?

He is too slow to play midfield, he must only play up forward. And forgive me if this sounds silly, but ill prefer Lucas, Lloyd and Hird to be in the team than Bradley.
Really? You're kidding.

I'm not suggesting that he's an automatic selection, I'm just saying he's doing everything that has been asked of him. He's gone down to the twos, kept his head up and put real pressure on the selectors to bring him back in. He was clearly played out of position for his first couple of years.

I like the way he goes about his footy and I still think he's got a big future with this club.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

I'd bring him in for Laycock, to do a little bit of ruck work when Hille is having a rest. Chook didn't do much last night. We won't win the taps against Cox no matter who is in the ruck, but Keps is fairly mobile, and does ok when he is away from the defensive zone.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

How's his kicking action going?
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Bradley may just be 'one of those' players.

You know, the players who dominate at VFL level but are very ordinary at AFL. There's dozens of them. Joel Reynolds was probably the most recent example for us; Jason Cloke is the same. Guys like Nick Sautner have been dominating the VFL for a decade but just couldn't or can't cut it at AFL.

I fear that is where Bradley is headed - into the dubious category of "VFL dominator, AFL hack".
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

21 years old.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Fantastic, he is off his p-plates.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Unbelievable. The bloke spends his first two real years learning how to play CHB in the second shittest team in the competition (i.e. us). It's really no surprise he struggled.

Now he goes down to the twos as everyone has been suggesting, gets three out of four in the bests and people are still on his back. Give the kid a bit of encouragement for his efforts, for f***'s sake.

Bring him back for an interstate game. I don't want him playing in front of pricks like you guys or he'll be right back in the same head space. Maybe that's why Bolton played ok up north.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I don't insult Keps. I usually just sit there and laugh incredulously when he has the ball - i figure that's better than yelling out insults. Is that OK?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

jimmyc1985 wrote:I don't insult Keps. I usually just sit there and laugh incredulously when he has the ball - i figure that's better than yelling out insults. Is that OK?
Im similar, I just sit there and wonder how the f*** he gets a game.

Until he improves his kicking (alot) he will be nothing more than a D-grade AFL player.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

He can't be brought back in against West Coast.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Ditto! This Friday is the most important game our club has faced since our last final.

Sheedy has finally refound some sanity - lets not now throw it all away!

We must play as we have been for the last 3 weeks - confidence in each other and a settled line-up.

Bradley will get his chance after the break if he keeps playing well for Bendigo! He is in the hand of the 2nd best assistant in the comp and clearly it is paying dividends. (Matty Knights is 2nd only to Bluey McKenna).

The Guy needs a run of stellar perforances in the magoos to believe in himself and to want to taste success in the big time as opposed to expecting a gig in the ones because he was a high draft pick with great expectations.

Let's look forward to him regaining his spot - not cringing at the prospect.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Really thrilled that Keps is making some headway in the Magoos.

Wouldnt it be something if he could come on and be the player he has often hinted at but not quite made it.

I know early draft picks have often failed but lets not lose sight of the fact that this guy was considered the 6th best young talent in the country 4 years ago.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

hop wrote:Sheedy has finally refound some sanity - lets not now throw it all away!
How can he REfind some sanity when he never had it in the first place?
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.