Johns

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

Johns must be played. He is ready and his kicking is much improved. The entry into the 50 has been disgraceful, and Bendigo will teach him nothing. He needs games in the AFL, not VFL.

They better not rush Lloydy back either. Give him an extra week just to be sure.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

He needs to get his hands on the ball. He hasn't been doing that enough. Once he gets it, he has been better. Get more of it.

He looked slow on Friday night, and has so far this year I've thought. He is huge, and maybe losing 5 kg might help him enormously.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Johns is a future super star in the making...
Just needs game time and the experience...
Lets not forget he shouldn't even be playing Footy.
A massive achievment in itself...
All I can say is Watch Out...
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

stryper wrote:Johns is a future super star in the making...
Just needs game time and the experience...
Lets not forget he shouldn't even be playing Footy.
A massive achievment in itself...
All I can say is Watch Out...
I hope you're right.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Whichever idiot dubbed him the messiah several years ago is a complete dickhead.

Not saying he won't come good, but he is not going to turn the team around.

Nothing more than a full-forward IMO. Too big and not fit enough to get his massive fram around as a CHF, but tries to, thus tiring himself out.

If he is going to work with Lloyd and Lucas, Lucas plays CHF starting say 50m out and pusinh up, Lloy 20-30m out leading and Johns in the goalsquare like Alistair Lynch - wrestinling - mixed with Lloyd - fast leads. But maingly strength like that last quarter mark this week.

Also needs to impose himself physically more often. He cleans up packs from behind in a marking contest (although no crumbers to kick a goal) but there was a kick in in the second quarter (55m out near the boundary line) this week where I don't reckon he put a finger on McIntosh - easy mark, they run out of defence. Go jard all the time son.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.