Pev in the backline.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

I think Pev has been one of our best all season. Agree he turned over a couple of shockers tonight but he also did some pretty good things with the ball.

As Robbie said, even Sir James turned over a few shockers, but when players are getting it so often there are always going to be some mistakes.
Bleeding for the red and black
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Pev in the backline.

Post by robbie67 »

BenDoolan wrote:
robbie67 wrote:Ok, enough is enough. Just stop fking doing it!!! For the second time this year, Pev is our best player in the first half, and then is moved on to a dangerous small forward that tears him to shreds. How many times does it have to happen before the coaching staff realise he cant fking play back there?
Could it be a situation where the opposition's coach realises Pev's weakness in the defensive 50 and they drag him in there with Pev's opponent pushing forward (good tactic of course), and Sheeds not having another option to run with a Harvey type? Dunno, but he's definitely been exposed down there. As much as I hate to say it (and I do), it is good coaching by Pagan and Laidley to exploit it.
McVeigh had Grant, and did a great job on him in the first half. I thought halfway through the third quarter that Welsh or MJ should have been moved on to Grant, and McVeigh moved on to Harvey. That would have freed up Pev to take either Harris or Swallow.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I think McVeigh was on the beench when Grant came into the game in the Q3, at least for part of the time. I remember him coming back on.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

robbie67 wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:Well your more of a dikhead and prove to me that you CANNOT prove me wrong.
To gutless to have a decent debate about a player, so you throw insults. Your a sad man.
Really fk-wit? Does "he cant play full stop" contribute to a decent debate? I can prove you wrong all you like if by chance you managed to pass maths at the grade 1 level, which I seriously doubt.

Lets say Pev turned it over 5 times tonight. Thats one less than Hird did mind you, but then again, can "Hird play full stop"? So if Pev had say, 25 touches tonight, 80% of the time the ball ended up to the advantage of a bloke wearing red and black (that's the Essendon team). So 20% of the time, yep their is a chance the other team (they were wearing blue and white tonight) will get the footy. So no, it's not the first thing that eneters my mind when he gets it. Now i suggest when you go to games, that you actually try watching what the f*** is going on, and then....and only then will you even be able to contribute to a decent debate. Now fk off.
Do you think in the AFL today, that ratio is good enough? Sorry, but if you want to win a grand final or play finals football, you need players with a better disposal/turnover ratio.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:Well your more of a dikhead and prove to me that you CANNOT prove me wrong.
To gutless to have a decent debate about a player, so you throw insults. Your a sad man.
Really fk-wit? Does "he cant play full stop" contribute to a decent debate? I can prove you wrong all you like if by chance you managed to pass maths at the grade 1 level, which I seriously doubt.

Lets say Pev turned it over 5 times tonight. Thats one less than Hird did mind you, but then again, can "Hird play full stop"? So if Pev had say, 25 touches tonight, 80% of the time the ball ended up to the advantage of a bloke wearing red and black (that's the Essendon team). So 20% of the time, yep their is a chance the other team (they were wearing blue and white tonight) will get the footy. So no, it's not the first thing that eneters my mind when he gets it. Now i suggest when you go to games, that you actually try watching what the f*** is going on, and then....and only then will you even be able to contribute to a decent debate. Now fk off.
Do you think in the AFL today, that ratio is good enough? Sorry, but if you want to win a grand final or play finals football, you need players with a better disposal/turnover ratio.
Yoralla have turned their computers on for the day.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Essendon4eva wrote:He can't play...period.
How many turn-overs by foot and hand 2nite? About 4 or 5.
Out of Watson, Johnson, Hird and pevrill, pev is the odd one out. Can't have four in and under players in the same team.
Wha a f****** moron you are.

32 touches, and he turned over 4 and you think he is shit? Get a f****** clue moron.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

robbie67 wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:
robbie67 wrote:

Yoralla have turned their computers on for the day.
Yooralla you get typos due to inco-ordination. The content is probably fine.

Kew Cottages might be more accurate!

Pev has been good this year, but if he could remove the occasional clanger would almost be a vote getter.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

If you are going to bag a player can you at least spell his name correctly as I feel he at least deserves that much respect.

Peverill (notice the e in the middle and the double l) has been great this year. He made some bad mistakes last night but who the f*** didnt?? Not to mention that one was a quick kick that came of the side of his foot.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Not a quick kick. A chip kick in our defense. It was a bad decision, which was very similar to the one by Kepler against Collingwood.

Fact is this. Peverill (happy now?) is a tagger. period. He was passed up by name teams because of his poor disposal. If we want to build towards a premiership in the next 5 years, its time we make the hard decision that Port Adelaide did 2 years ago. Pev won't get better and he along with a few others need to be cut.

Its good to see so many Essendon supporters who have to resort to insults. you make me proud to be a Essendon supporter. lol.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:Not a quick kick. A chip kick in our defense. It was a bad decision, which was very similar to the one by Kepler against Collingwood.

Fact is this. Peverill (happy now?) is a tagger. period. He was passed up by name teams because of his poor disposal. If we want to build towards a premiership in the next 5 years, its time we make the hard decision that Port Adelaide did 2 years ago. Pev won't get better and he along with a few others need to be cut.

Its good to see so many Essendon supporters who have to resort to insults. you make me proud to be a Essendon supporter. lol.
You're pointing the finger at the wrong bloke. Take Peverill out of the team and we'd be even shitter. Comparing him to Bradley is a nonesense. Kep has struggled for a couple of seasons, and hasn't got a distinct position which he has controlled thus far. Pev has a role, and he has executed that role very well this season. His clanger was very costly last night, but all the hard work he'd done throughout the match was to our benefit.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote: Its good to see so many Essendon supporters who have to resort to insults.
What's a bigger insult than "he cant play period". Fking hypocrite. When we draft Judd, Kerr, Black, Burgoyne, and Dal Santo let me know you stooge.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Essendon4eva wrote:Its good to see so many Essendon supporters who have to resort to insults. you make me proud to be a Essendon supporter. lol.
When you end a sentence with "lol", what do you expect?

How old are you? 12?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Essendon4eva wrote:
If I wanted to insult you I would have insulted you pal by maybe saying that you are a retarded peice of shit on my favourite forum dribbling shit like you have never even seen a game of football before you spineless childish cretin.

Now I didnt say this did I? So please dont accuse me of insulting you when I clearly didnt.

lol :roll:
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

Robbie?????

You questioning what the coaching staff are doing....??
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

auditor wrote:Robbie?????

You questioning what the coaching staff are doing....??
Yes Donkey, I often do. Unlike you though, I dont lay the blame entirely at their feet. You seem to be one of those poor fools that thinks as soon as they are wearing they must be champions, so it's always poor coaching.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

SO unless your name is Kepler Bradley your untouchable? I get it. I'venever questioned the work ethic of endevour of Peverill, but his disposal is not at the AFL standard. In this game of AFL Football you need to hit 9 out of every 10 targets.
If we want to win a Grand Final, we need to start making players into the quality of Judd, Burgoyne etc.
If somebody comes to this forum and critisises a player that is not on your list, your insult them. Thats why this forum was taken off the Essendon web page.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:SO unless your name is Kepler Bradley your untouchable? I get it. I'venever questioned the work ethic of endevour of Peverill, but his disposal is not at the AFL standard. In this game of AFL Football you need to hit 9 out of every 10 targets.
If we want to win a Grand Final, we need to start making players into the quality of Judd, Burgoyne etc.
If somebody comes to this forum and critisises a player that is not on your list, your insult them. Thats why this forum was taken off the Essendon web page.
Don't you mean the quality of Kirk, Buchanan and Crouch? Didn't they beat a midfield that consisted of Judd, Cousins and Kerr? They also came within a point of winning back to back flags with the same midfield's. Says a lot about your theory.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:SO unless your name is Kepler Bradley your untouchable? I get it. I'venever questioned the work ethic of endevour of Peverill, but his disposal is not at the AFL standard. In this game of AFL Football you need to hit 9 out of every 10 targets.
Dumb F*ck Of The Month Award
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

BenDoolan wrote:
Don't you mean the quality of Kirk, Buchanan and Crouch? Didn't they beat a midfield that consisted of Judd, Cousins and Kerr? They also came within a point of winning back to back flags with the same midfield's. Says a lot about your theory.
They didn't win back to back Grand Finals. Plus, the do have good kicking skills. Look at the way they play. The onyl way its effective is if they keep their turover rates down. If they make grand finals, then its working.

Whats so dumb about my post robbie? I get it now. Insulting people makes you feel big? I'd expect that from a Collingwood or Carlton supporter but not a Bombers man. Well robbie, you seem very tough. I wouldn't want to mess with you. HA!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
They didn't win back to back Grand Finals. Plus, the do have good kicking skills. Look at the way they play. The onyl way its effective is if they keep their turover rates down. If they make grand finals, then its working.

Whats so dumb about my post robbie? I get it now. Insulting people makes you feel big? I'd expect that from a Collingwood or Carlton supporter but not a Bombers man. Well robbie, you seem very tough. I wouldn't want to mess with you. HA!
The comparison between Judd, Cousins, Kerr with Kirk, Buchanan and Crouch is that they are poles aprt when it comes to ability and skill. Yet, the Swans defeated them in the 2005 GF and came within a point of knocking them off last year. Not sure if you watch the Swans midfield much, but their kicking skills are no better than our guys. What they do have, is a sensational appetite to chase, tackle and pressure the opposition midfield - whoever they are. Take a closer look at Peverill and see if you notice much difference between the way he plays and Kirk, Buchanan and Crouch.