Round 10 Tips

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Kaan I think that's generally how it works - I'm 4/5 too, bloody Demons!
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Same, Demons screwed me over. I'm always 4/5 on Saturday.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Damn draw. Picked the Tiges. Then went the reverse theory & picked Swans hoping that we'd cause the upset.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

3/5 bloody collingwood :evil: and dees good on them
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

4/8 :oops: bloody port, adelaide, fremantle, bulldogs
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

:D:D I always love it when supposed Essendon "supporters" tip against us and it backfires. :P

Missed out on Melbourne (was tempted, just thought Adelaide would get over the line :(), Bulldogs (Said to my girlfriend's grandmother today that it was the type of match the scum were likely to win - she didn't want to hear it though *grin*) and Port Adelaide (GRR, i reckon if i tip the Dawks next week they'll bloody lose.)

5/8.. I'll take that over the 4/8 last week.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

I swear it's all good until sundays. I'm always 4/5 or 5/5 at the end of Saturdays games then only end up getting 1 tip right on Sunday. Bleh, 5/8, Errors on Hawthorn, Melbourne, Carlton.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

bombers_rock, I suppose you're insinuating I'm not a genuine supporter there.

I tip us when I believe we'll win - my not tipping us does not mean we're doomed to languish in 15th position for the season, nor does it mean I'm secretly a Carlton supporter... it means I'm not sure we'll get over the line this week. I love my team with as much passion as the next guy. But I'm realistic. We can't win every week.

It just so happens I did tip us this week, because I was damn certain we were going to get up and win.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Megan, I certainly won't say you're not a genuine supporter. I'm sure you are, as you say, as passionate as the next guy.

However, I don't think realism is a genuine excuse, from anyone, for not tipping us. It's not impossible to win every game. 2000 proves that (although, we did fall 1 short, we won the 1 that mattered), despite the fact we probably won't see it again, at least not for a long time.

I just think every supporter should tip their team every week and believe that they can win. I'm sure Melbourne and Richmond supporters have been tipping them over the last 10 weeks, despite them losing every match up until this round. I've tipped Essendon every week this year, and I'll take 6-4 over say 5-5 (had I tipped Adelaide - a lot would have expected that to be a loss) or 4-6 (had I tipped St Kilda - had been playing some good footy). Even last year, when we only won 3 matches, I still tipped us every week. Only got 3-19, but still comfortably managed equal 1st (equal my brother) in the tipping comp I was in. So, if it's a matter of winning a tipping competition, I don't think it makes a lot of difference. I've won 3 times, tipping Essendon every week. :)
KaaN10 wrote:I swear it's all good until sundays.
Indeed. Seems to go well (4/5 or 5/5) up until Sunday, then it all goes pear shaped. Maybe I should start tipping the opposite to who I think will win (or start tipping the Dawks). Might land myself an 8/8 for a change. ;)
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

bombers_rock wrote:However, I don't think realism is a genuine excuse, from anyone, for not tipping us. It's not impossible to win every game. 2000 proves that (although, we did fall 1 short, we won the 1 that mattered), despite the fact we probably won't see it again, at least not for a long time.
You're obviously not in a tipping competition where you stand to win money if that's your belief.

And if you are, you obviously don't want to win the money.

There's plenty of passionate Essendon fans on these boards who regularly tip against us if we think Essendon will lose - i'm one of them. Doesn't prove anything or say anything about anyone.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

jimmyc1985 wrote:You're obviously not in a tipping competition where you stand to win money if that's your belief.
Actually, yep, there is money involved. Not sure how much I've won, but it's certainly not "pocket money" amounts. (Not talking thousands, but certainly in the hundreds.)
There's plenty of passionate Essendon fans on these boards who regularly tip against us if we think Essendon will lose - i'm one of them. Doesn't prove anything or say anything about anyone.
I'm not debating anyone's passion. Tipping has nothing to do with passion, or lack thereof, for your team. I just don't understand the logic involved in supporting the Bombers but thinking we're going to lose and tipping against us.

There's no point in continuing to argue about this. If you think we're going to lose, tip against us. I don't really care, your decision, I just don't understand it. Probably never will. I'll keep tipping us week in, week out. Like I said, in the long run it doesn't make much difference because we're only talking about 1 game out of 8 and because most supporters (I won't say all, because clearly it's not the case :P) are the same. My dad tips the Saints every week (to my knowledge) and one of my mates tips the Hawks every week. And, as I said, I'm sure Melbourne and Richmond supporters have been consistently tipping them despite their record.