TO THOSE WHO WENT I.E Rosso

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Stopped the loose man crap for the 2nd 1/2 & took them on. Their midfield tired. Had a feeling that we'd run over them in the last. Always a chance of a quick tournaround at the Dome.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Mate called it at half time, if we actually attack West Coke we will beat them. They looked vulnerable in that second quarter when we just ran the ball and kicked it long.

But the goal by Lucas to put us in front was incredible. WE had a perfect view, it was coming right at us. As soon as it left his boot you knew it was home. The roar will stay with me for a long long time.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Is there an echo in here BD? :D
Bleeding for the red and black
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

I guess that's one of the great features of Telstra Dome. Although it gets its fair share of crap, when you close the roof and have 50,000 passionate supporters cheering a comeback to remember - well I heard it on the TV. Would have loved to be there.
Bombers till' I die
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

LUCAS' GOAL! OMG I SWEAR THE DOME WAS GOING TO FALL!
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

At the end of the Q1 we thought we were in trouble.

However, our rhetoric was mostly...there's still 3 q's left..plenty of time...if they can do it, then so can we...we did it to Sydney and they came back....yada, yada, yada...

Great atmosphere...equal to the Hird winning WC game a few years back. That was also magic.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Absolutely electric atmosphere. 48,000 fans, majority of them Essendon, really rocked the Dome, was awesome. We were almost down and out, but we stepped up a gear and really made em work for it and scraped in for one of our best wins in a long time.

The final quarter I missed a fair chunk of because of an unfortunate mishap where a lady received an elbow to the head and collapsed, and subsequently there were Phone Dome, security and St John Ambulance personnel blocking our vision. I think it was when Scotty booted the major that gave us the lead.

Having said that, when the Bomber fans went up (those that could see), we just followed suit. The dying seconds my heart was in my mouth, it was hard not being able to see what was going on, real nailbiting stuff. As Hirdy headed towards the race after the game, the 2 fists in the air really told the story, we'd witnessed something special.

Would have loved to have seen the West Coke players' faces. Anyone down that end able to shed some light? I imagine they would've looked pretty dejected, just the way they wandered off indicated that. :D :D :D