Men in Green

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

The umpiring was rubbish. The Jones decision late in the game must rank up there as one of the worst ever. Had it cost Essendon the game Sheedy probably could have gotten away with giving them a spray.
Bombers till' I die
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Were equally crap for both teams.

We were stiff quite a few times, but watch the replay - we were SOOOOOOOOOO lucky not to give a free kick away when McVeigh put his arms around Judd's waist when he was trying to lead out of the goal square at about the 25 minute mark.

No complaints here.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Staggy wrote:Were equally crap for both teams.

We were stiff quite a few times, but watch the replay - we were SOOOOOOOOOO lucky not to give a free kick away when McVeigh put his arms around Judd's waist when he was trying to lead out of the goal square at about the 25 minute mark.

No complaints here.
......Or when Fletcher partially chopped Hunter's arms, then 2 seconds later got into the back of Kerr, or in the final contest when Fletcher had his arm over someone's shoulder, or when JJ put his hands in someone's back from a kick-out to take a crucial mark :lol:.

We got the rub i reckon. Have done 3 weeks in a row.

Maybe all the lads have been repairing mirrors? Reasoning by analogy, that should give us 7 years of good luck :o.
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

I wouldn't call early in the game "rub of the green". We were on the end of some terrible decisions in the first half.
The second half there were still a few but we seemed to get away with a couple in that last quarter i agree.
Judd can't complain about free kicks - he got a soft one in front of goal and seemed to get away with a couple of holding the ball decisions again.
Umpiring 4/10 last night.
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Staggy wrote:Were equally crap for both teams.

No complaints here.
......Or when Fletcher partially chopped Hunter's arms, then 2 seconds later got into the back of Kerr, or in the final contest when Fletcher had his arm over someone's shoulder, or when JJ put his hands in someone's back from a kick-out to take a crucial mark :lol:.

We got the rub i reckon. Have done 3 weeks in a row.

Maybe all the lads have been repairing mirrors? Reasoning by analogy, that should give us 7 years of good luck :o.
Yep. Can't believe how people on here could be whinging.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

MH_Bomber wrote:But one that I couldnt not work out was "in the back" against Bolton who apparently rolled on a Weagle back but came up with the Ball.
Technically it was there but I think umpire's should sometimes be allowed to exercise some judgement/initiative on occasions such as this. Both players had eyes only for the football and like you said Bolton ended up with the ball. I'm curious to see what other members here thought about that free kick too.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

pear wrote:Ended up 25-23 against us
Yeah, not without giving the Eagles a handy early jump start. I would've gone mental about the maggots on here had we not won. They were appalling early for the majority of the match. Sure the Eagles are good, but do the maggots really have to assist them so much? We barely got a sniff of the ball in the first quarter.