Crichton Medal Results

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Great to see Scotty win another B&F. :D Also good to see Jobe and Stants poll high, hopefully will continue to improve. As mentioned, McPhee, MJ and Solly really must have had bad seasons. Hopefully they will help get the Dons to a higher ladder position next year.
Mighty Reds
Top Up Player

Post by Mighty Reds »

Just shows that if Hirdy had the run with injuries like say Scott West has had nobody else would have had a chance in the last 10 years. :D
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

well done scotty, very deserved
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

Mark Johnson getting mark of the year,

I am surprised by this, i mean who is it out of Mark Johnson, Mark Mcveigh, Mark Bolton, I thought Mark Mcveigh may have given him a run for his money :wink:

and why dont they have an andrew of the year award :?:
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Geez Hirdy did well to poll so highly considering the number of games he missed.

Congrats to all, Esp. Scotty, Jobe and Angus.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

well done to scotty - much deserved

little surprised by welsh and mcveigh - should be swapped
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Mighty Reds wrote:Just shows that if Hirdy had the run with injuries like say Scott West has had nobody else would have had a chance in the last 10 years. :D
Bloody hell, if Hird had the run with injuries like Scott West he'd have a cabinet full of Brownlows.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Boyler_Room wrote:
Mighty Reds wrote:Just shows that if Hirdy had the run with injuries like say Scott West has had nobody else would have had a chance in the last 10 years. :D
Bloody hell, if Hird had the run with injuries like Scott West he'd have a cabinet full of Brownlows.
Pfft...It would be could the James Hird Medal.

Anzac day medal is already called that too.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Pazza
Essendon Legend

Post by Pazza »

Have we found a new lovechild..Andrew Welsh in 5th?
BT's resident umpire
sash
On the Rookie List

Post by sash »

McVeigh was unlucky to be soo low, congrats to Watson for coming 2nd big improvement and Lucas for winning.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

unfortunately Sash, unlucky is the wrong word for McVeigh, robbed is more correct IMHO.
We seem to have a panel of coaches that rate ineffective possies higher than consistent and solid hard works, looks bad for the future.
Red and Black Forever
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Great effort for Lucas well deserved win.

Jobe shows how a little application during the off season can bring huge results.

Well done to CJ and monfries too!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Great Scott! Well deserved indeed. Not bad considering that he doesn´t handball........wonder what all of you who complained about that, think now.

As for Mark McVeigh, he is not only undervalued by the media, but also our match committee. Deadset joke that Welsh could have more votes than he.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Yeah, that is interesting isn't it??.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

Yes, I am also quite puzzled that McVeigh got such a low score. At the same time the club was often praising McVeigh's performance and was teasing on the website that he was -maybe- in the top three of the B+F. Fairly inconsistent message.

McVeigh was quite good this year and he was reportedly top three after round twelve. Why he got so few points in the second half, I do not understand: In the second half McVeigh had quite a few games where he was definitely among the best and also performing essential defensive work - out of my head I can think of the games with Carlton, Brisbane, Hawthorn, Collingwood, ...

Obviously one or more of the coaches on the panel did not rate his second half. Is the number of disposals the only statistics that matter for our coaches? I hope not.

Overall Mark McVeigh has really improved this year and has become a key player for the side: consistency, great competitiveness, great attitude, much improved discipline and good skills with good versatility including some good venture in the midfield and up forward. Hopefully McVeigh becomes one of the leaders in the coming years.

In the face of this disappointment, McVeigh has only one option: be next year best and fairest. I trust he is up to it.
Red and Black Forever
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Welsh provides us with very little. He isnt quick, nor is he skillful and his kicking lacks penetration which barely hurts the opposition.

At least Spike runs, is a good tagger with very good skills, and also carrys the ball.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!