Anderson's Latest Greatest Idea

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

bombers_rock wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:I think it would be better to rename 'save essendon' to 'save AFL' and send them after the AFL administration.
Now that'd be a petition I'd sign. ;)
Reckon they'd get a few thousand signatures in a heartbeat if they did that.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
nmgilbert
On the Rookie List

Post by nmgilbert »

The AFL has made considerable effort to reduce the rest times for players during a game. The reason for this (as I understand it anyway) is because more fatigue equates to less speed, ie, you reach higher speeds if you run in short 30m bursts then if you were to run a marathon (i know thats extreme but it just illustrates the point clearer). When running speeds are lower then there are lower forces involved in collisions and therefore a smaller chance of collision caused injuries.

However what the AFL needs to weigh up (if they haven't already done so) is whether the decreases that the rule change will cause in collision injuries will offset the likely increase in chronic injuries that players may get.

You have to remember, that its in the AFL's best interests to reduce the sickening head clashes and concussion injuries because they deter new people from watching the game - im sure that they dont have to worry about a public response to a veteran bowing gradually out of the game due to arthritic knees, eg Dean Rioli.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Here is a novel idea. Get rid fo the rules you pust in place to speed the game up, because they have not worked well enough if players are getting hurt. The kicking in rule and let off on paying holding the balls, espicially dragging it in.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

He really is somefin,inne?

Aussie Rules to them is what ROME was to NERO.

Something to FIDDLE with,whilst all arond you BURNS!

They just can't keep their Hands OFF it.