The R67 rant.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

I agree Jim, great posts Rob and Canbomb.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: The R67 rant.

Post by robbie67 »

canberrabomber wrote:
Ray Horsborough - I dont know if you have been paying attention Sir, but this club does not air its dirty laundry in public. You have made your decision, now fking show some leadership, and live with it. The media does not deserve any more comment on why Sheedy was sacked, and if you have any brains, you will now just shut the fk up. Our club sets the damn agenda on these matters, not the media. By the way, the whole Bomber/Williams charade makes you look like a rank amatuer.
I think it incorrect to say Essendon never airs its dirty laundry in public. It is true that over recent decades our club has not been tainted by the internicine coach/administration/player/membership spats that have characterised other clubs, but damaging internal information has entered the public domain on a not infrequent basis. For example Hirds speech at the 2001 B and F was widely recorded as representing player disappointment and bitterness at Hardwick's trade.

As to the specific issue, it is sometimes necessary to air information publicly because the private avenue fails- this may have been the case with Sheedy. I don't have enough information to be critical of Horsborough on this account.

I agree on the Williams/Thompson remarks.
Kevin Sheedy - I love you Sheeds, but FFS get over yourself. It had to happen one day, and your record of late has been modest to say the least. Yes it all could have been handled better, but it wouldnt have mattered when and how it was handled, you'd still be upset, and hurt. We are not your fking client, we are your family. Your family thinks it's time for you to stop going to work everyday, and spend some time with the grand kids. Stop acting like a bitter old twat.
Agree.

Unfortunately it was sadly predictable. So much was clear from Tim Watson's book. This is why I have been prepared to cut the board some slack over how the "sacking" has transpired. The only way much of this angst could have been avoided is to give Sheedy carte blanche on his retirement. The club is not in a position to afford that indulgence anymore.
Alec Epis - You have acheived what you have spent your whole time on the board wanting, and now it's time to fk off, and be usefull. You shouldnt be allowed to do anymore but put the witches hats out at training.
I would have been more upset if he had publicly politiked about it as he has on previous occassions. He has been around a long time but there are others I would ditch before him.
Garry O'Donnell - Are you going to stand by, and let other people run the agenda for you? Get some balls, and come out and say how much you would love to coach the club, and what you think you can contribute. No ones going to blow your trumpet for you.
Don't know enough to comment.
Matthew Lloyd - Start acting like a skipper of a great club, and less like a sulky prat. On the field, try going and getting the fking pill, and kick some important goals. Off the field, stop carrying yourself like you are the club.
A bit harsh.

I accept that Lloyd has his flaws as a player and a person and he probably would not have been the captain if someone of Hird's capabilities were around. Unfortunately there isn't and I think he is by far our best option at present. I think it is also pertinent to note that it was Lloyd who publicly criticised the club last year for a slack attitude last year. Insisted, that Sheedy dump a few underperforming players, and was significantly responsible for keeping Hird for an extra year. I agree that he has not always peformed to his lofty rhetoric but we have these things to be thankful for at the very least.

I would not ascribe to him the meglomania that you do re the coaching position. I don't think he demanded or asserted a right to have a say merely that he would give an opinion if requested.

As to his performance on the field. He has had some poor games and some reasonable ones and some difficencies have crept back into his game. I would agree that it is more important than ever that our captain perform consistently if our team is going to be mediocre for a few more years. It is important to note that he is physically past his peak and has always struggled returning from serious injury. I think 70 goals would be a good return with the team/skills we currently have this year and into the future.
Selection Committee - If you are letting Sheedy get away with the crap that he has pulled at selection this week, you should all immediately resign.
Agree.
Adam McPhee - If you want to be an elite player, start playing like one. This group needs some leadership, and I for one dont expect the likes of Ryder, and Gumbleton to be the ones providing it.

Andrew Lovett - Your'e not special, you're just a footballer. One that is wasting his ability at that. Stop fking sulking, and start playing each game likes its your first and last.
Agree.

Save Essendon.com or whoever the fk they are - Just go away, before you turn us into the club you supposedly are trying to protect us from becoming.
Peanuts, imbeciles, fools. If they had just ran for election without this pro-Sheedy BS, I may have been prepared to vote for some of them. There are some directors who have been there too long and I think that the board should be held accountable for the general complaincy that has gripped the club. However I am very reluctant to vote for them now because they have demonstrated that they cannot put their own interests above that of the club.
General supporters - Get feral FFS. We used to be the loudest supporters in the league....talk about being spoiled fking rotten.
Agree.
Good stuff. I'm prepared to acknowledge I have been harsh on Lloyd. I expect a lot from him.