Hird Moment

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Nothing can pass 2004 vs WCE for me.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
rockhole wrote:Another moment comes to mind. Walking off at half time with his arm around Cupido's shoulders trying to talk some sense into the idiot who had just given away at least 1 50m but in a calming, measured way rather than a bake.

I kept thinking, you lucky bastard getting personal advice from one of the greatest Essendon players of all time. Pity he didn't take it.
That was great. In fact Cupido came out at the start of the 3rd Q and came out firing with two quick goals. Hird had the effect.
It was at the end of the quarter where Cupido kicked two goals, one on either foot to basically seal the match.
Looks like I have to dig up the match and watch it again. I thought it was at the end of the 2nd Q where he farked up. Hird then pulled him aside after the siren and gave him a lecture. Then he re-appeared like a man possessed.
It was, I thought you were talking about when Cupido kicked those two goals, they were late in the 3rd quarter that broke the back of Freo.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
rockhole wrote:Another moment comes to mind. Walking off at half time with his arm around Cupido's shoulders trying to talk some sense into the idiot who had just given away at least 1 50m but in a calming, measured way rather than a bake.

I kept thinking, you lucky bastard getting personal advice from one of the greatest Essendon players of all time. Pity he didn't take it.
That was great. In fact Cupido came out at the start of the 3rd Q and came out firing with two quick goals. Hird had the effect.
It was at the end of the quarter where Cupido kicked two goals, one on either foot to basically seal the match.
Looks like I have to dig up the match and watch it again. I thought it was at the end of the 2nd Q where he farked up. Hird then pulled him aside after the siren and gave him a lecture. Then he re-appeared like a man possessed.
It was, I thought you were talking about when Cupido kicked those two goals, they were late in the 3rd quarter that broke the back of Freo.
Ah, f***, sorry mate, I'm having a bad hair day obviously. Yes, the end and not the start of the 3rd Q. Take a bow Rosso!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Scott wrote:The moment that sticks in my mind is nothing extreme, it was just a pass.

I think it was in 2000, we played Freo in Freo, and hirdy had the ball on the center wing, and passed to another player (can't remember who) who was between 2 freo players, he didn't have to break stride or change direction, marked the ball and ran into an open goal.

I remember thinking, WOW that is how you pass a football.
The player was Rama and the pass was about 55 metres. Awesome.