Cousins Sacked!!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Twits

Post by Twits »

Andy B. Regarding saliva tests for ampthetamines, I would suggest a more approrpriatte test for current Essendon players would be to get Oscar the grouch in from Sesame Street and get him to test for trash.
He LOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS trash!!! He could be become your number 1 ticketholder.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

keri wrote:I suppose that you want to pick him up so Mark Harvey, the supercoach, can affect a cure with a laying-on of hands?

If he can work miracles with Bradley, why not with Cousins? ;)
Ha ha ha. That's too funny Keri.
Twits

Post by Twits »

No Keri, he is a West Coast rat. He wouldnt be welcome at Freo purely for that reason.
Its interesting that Essendon had a lot more better team back when Cupido and the like were running around, all on the gear, than you do now with Knights forming the No Fun FC.
Maybe you have got it all the wrong way round??
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Very good twits. It could be called the "JunkOmeter". Imagine if they stuck the thing up Kepler's ass. The thing would explode. Oscar would be calling for new machine. Knights would be screaming "get the f$%king thing away from me" if anyone tried to lodge it in his date. I'd imagine it would also struggle to stay in one piece should anyone succeed.

I might get the butcher's paper and crayons out and see what I can come up with.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Yeah. Maybe instead of fitness coaches we should have dealers running around with the players! Doesn't that sound like the core of a healthy list!

De-fib on stand-by, Quinny!
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BenDoolan wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:he is fighting the charges because he was in possession of a drug that helps you fight your addiction to drugs.... it's still an illegal drug but i think he is hoping they will see it as he is trying to get clean rather then taking the drug for recreation purposes
It's not illegal if you have a prescription. He had no prescription, therefore it's illegal. And if he was being treated for his addiction, one would think a doctor would prescribe such treatment.
The problem is that it is also very addictive for people coming off drug addictions. So its possible a doctor didn't want to take the risk with Cousins but Cousins thought the risk was worth it. Still very dumb either way.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:he is fighting the charges because he was in possession of a drug that helps you fight your addiction to drugs.... it's still an illegal drug but i think he is hoping they will see it as he is trying to get clean rather then taking the drug for recreation purposes
It's not illegal if you have a prescription. He had no prescription, therefore it's illegal. And if he was being treated for his addiction, one would think a doctor would prescribe such treatment.
The problem is that it is also very addictive for people coming off drug addictions. So its possible a doctor didn't want to take the risk with Cousins but Cousins thought the risk was worth it. Still very dumb either way.
He has every right to fight the charges. However, I hope he fights by stating the truth. The sad thing about his destructive addiction is that no-one can ever help him unless he takes ownership of the problem and commits himself to defeat it. If you are continually denying you have a problem i.e laughing in the face of everyone, making excuses, lying etc, it will continue to erode whatever is left of his spirit.

Looking at what was found on his person alone, doesn't seem that bad - even if he didn't have a prescription. You can explain the reasons for having it as you have described (provided that is the truth). However, what doesn't look good is the other occupants of the vehicle were carrying cocaine, cannibis and god know what else. Hardly the company you want to be found in if you are trying to paint the picture of "trying to beat the habit".
Essendunny
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

Take all that has happened and take it all the way back to when he ran from the police the first time.

This is not just a 5 minute fad for him.
First name: Mr
Second name: period
Last name: T
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Not gonna quote you BD coz then you may quote me and the quotes will be longer then the posts :D.

Agree with you 100% buddy, just as I've said I aint gonna jump on the against Cousins bandwagon and will be prepared to give him the benifit of the doubt untill its proven otherwise.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

The police will be dropping some charges today. Not sure which, not sure if all?

abc 774
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

so if the possession charges are dropped, why was he arrested?? means they didn't mind anything am i right?
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Jazz_84 wrote:so if the possession charges are dropped, why was he arrested?? means they didn't mind anything am i right?
As far as I have heard, the charge of him refusing to submit to a blood test has not been dropped, so he may still have to face that.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

keri wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:so if the possession charges are dropped, why was he arrested?? means they didn't mind anything am i right?
As far as I have heard, the charge of him refusing to submit to a blood test has not been dropped, so he may still have to face that.
yeah i just read the article and he did have drugs on him but they weren't illegal ones... well not as bad as we all first thought at least
Kakadu Kangaroos
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Who knows? Guilty until proven innocent?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Filthy wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:
keri wrote:
yeah i just read the article and he did have drugs on him but they weren't illegal ones... well not as bad as we all first thought at least
Jazz........ if he was clean why refuse a blood test! :shock:
oh im sure he did have illegal ones in his system, but the ones he had in his possession weren't of that nature.... as far as i know at least
Kakadu Kangaroos
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

Filthy wrote:
keri wrote:Who knows? Guilty until proven innocent?
Thats the way it is in France and I think other European Justice system/s.

In England and its Commonwealth and the US its the other way around. :wink:
You could have fooled me!
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Twits wrote:Andy B. Regarding saliva tests for ampthetamines, I would suggest a more approrpriatte test for current Essendon players would be to get Oscar the grouch in from Sesame Street and get him to test for trash.
He LOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS trash!!! He could be become your number 1 ticketholder.
I'm going to use you as a case study next time I'm on the affirmative side of an involuntary euthanasia debate.

That was, however, quite funny.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Filthy wrote:
F111 wrote:The police will be dropping some charges today. Not sure which, not sure if all?

abc 774
Possession.

Refusing a blood test still stands....begging the question, if he was clean, why refuse? :roll:
I personally think its fine to refuse a blood test, it is bloody intrusive.

so cops can approach anyone on the street and ask them if they can test them for drugs?

if he was actually driving a vehicle, yes I can understand it...but from the very limited footage i saw, it appeared he may havegot out of the back seat.

if thats the case, he has every right to tell the cops to shove it.

ben did a pretty good thing by admitting a drug problem, despite NEVER turning up for his work under the influence, never testing positive for drug use etc.

from what I understand his whole debacle came about because of his infidelity....ie the bird he was dating found him taking drugs with various other naked cheap women.

I hope cousins goes away, gets sober, then presents at an AFL club maybe a year out of the game. if he is good enough, he should really be allowed to play.

NEVER tested postive for drug use, has to count for something. he is ruining his life, but must be given a chance to set it right again.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

tom9779 wrote:I personally think its fine to refuse a blood test, it is bloody intrusive.

so cops can approach anyone on the street and ask them if they can test them for drugs?

if he was actually driving a vehicle, yes I can understand it...but from the very limited footage i saw, it appeared he may havegot out of the back seat.

ben did a pretty good thing by admitting a drug problem, despite NEVER turning up for his work under the influence, never testing positive for drug use etc.

from what I understand his whole debacle came about because of his infidelity....ie the bird he was dating found him taking drugs with various other naked cheap women.
Amazing. I think every single paragraph there is factually incorrect. E4E would be jealous.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

tom9779 wrote:
Filthy wrote:
F111 wrote:The police will be dropping some charges today. Not sure which, not sure if all?

abc 774
Possession.

Refusing a blood test still stands....begging the question, if he was clean, why refuse? :roll:
I personally think its fine to refuse a blood test, it is bloody intrusive.

I hope cousins goes away, gets sober, then presents at an AFL club maybe a year out of the game. if he is good enough, he should really be allowed to play.

NEVER tested postive for drug use, has to count for something. he is ruining his life, but must be given a chance to set it right again.
Soon, you will get facts correct. Keep trying.

On topic, they have probably dropped the charges on the account that he will talk. They were obviously following him, had him under surveillance. They probably made a deal that if he talks on who his dealer is, they will drop the charges.