Bombers at it...It being skills

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

keri wrote:A dog? She's my bitch!
that loong nose does for you ?? :shock:
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
canberrabomber
Top Up Player

Post by canberrabomber »

I had a suspicion you were back smoking your tyre Filthy! Clearly you have returned to the land where fairies fly freely and pixies happily roam.

Firstly, who is this "core group of hardened veterans" you speak of? It appears we have Lloyd, Lucas, Fletcher and Michael, and after that nothing. Four out of a team of 22 is not what I'd describe as a "core group."

We definitely had a core group of established players in 93 though, with O'Donnell, Harvey, Salmon, Thompson, Wallis, Long, Denham, Bewick etc. Sadly, we are well short of that mark at the moment.

We are favourites for the wooden spoon folks. Let's not get caught up in the preseason hype that inevitably surrounds clubs that had a poor year.
Your cynicism regarding pre-season comments from players and coaches is justified, but I don't think you should condemn our prospects just at the moment.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

We still have a very potent forward line and a good defence...at least IMO we do.

F Lovett Lloyd Davey
HF McPhee Lucas Gumbleton

HB Nash Fletcher ??NLM??
FB Ryder MM Slattery

The midfield will again pose the biggest problem for the EFC this season.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

There's a good enough structure there that will keep us off the bottom, but that's probably going to be it.
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

Gee, no pressure on Stanton getting the number five.

I remember reading a story about Hirdy getting abused by a granny when he was given TD's jumper when he first joined the club.

Wonder if anyone else is going to bag Stanton on getting it and Gringo does not count.

Good luck mate - take the next step.
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989