what hurts more ted?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I'm with Ben Doolan here. I don't understand the venom.
So what if he's not a champion! He's a young bloke playing and living his dream. Part of that was at Essendon where the opportunity was scarce.

He played 23 games this year. Good luck to him. He certainly had a crack on Saturday, and he made a mistake or two, but he was a frontrunner. No doubt in my mind.
Rotorog
Top Up Player

Post by Rotorog »

BenDoolan wrote:Why the venom? Just because he left the club (the club did nothing to stop him, in fact, they encouraged him to go), and went somewhere where he was wanted doesn't mean he's a prick. F***, why wouldn't anyone pursue a career where they could have an apportunity to contribute to success? Ted Richards was told that he would have limited opportunities if he stayed at the club, and if he had a better offer he should consider it. Well he did, and he nearly contributed to a Premiership. He may not be the most talented footballer in the league, but he gives absoultely everything in endeavour. Good luck to him. Were you also pissed off at Damien Hardwick when he won a Premiership at Port, or Caracella at Brisbane?
Good objective post. Why castigate a player who was no longer wanted by a coach who stuffed him around by not giving him much game time on the field and when he did get on the paddock stuffed him around by asking him to be a full forward, then a full back, then a CHF, and sometimes a CHB. Give the guy a break will you. Good on ya Ted may you hang a primership medallion round your neck some time soon and show ol Sheeds that you were not a dud player. :shock:
The Oracle has spoken.
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

No hard feelings towards Ted at all.

It was a win win situation. We will get some much needed pace in our midfield. Hopefully the type of player who will take our team to great things.

Sydney got another foot soldier, tall mobile utility passenger, who will do his job required for the team, little more, little less. In a strong team, those types are valuable.

In a weak team, there are too many passengers so some have to be cut. Guarantee there'll be a few more cut from our list again this year, some of which may be of more value to other clubs than we realise.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

hird22 wrote:carra at brisbane yes, hardwick no.
and richards was offered a contract and knocked it back, least get your story right.
who cares, dempsey will be 2000 times the player he'll ever be
I have my story right. The club didn't offer any contract, Richards cited lack of opportunity and wanted to make an impact where he was wanted. The club wished him well.

Richards played 10 senior games last year and came runner up in the "reserves" B & F (pretty good effort when he only played 12 games). Sheedy played him on Jonathon Brown in "that match" where he kicked 8 f***king goals. He was then dropped for another month because of it. You really have to ask "WTF?".

Look, I'm not disappointed that he is no longer at the club, he just didn't quite fit in. But I'm certailnly not going to begrudge him any success elsewhere.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Teddy was sick and tired of hacks like Henneman playing 60 games for us while he only played 25.

Teddy took a chance to go interstate and try his luck up there. He may have gone crap and been playing in the 2's, but he ended up doing ok up there.

He was never going to be the answer to our prayers this year. As someone already pointed out, he is a good passenger. Sydney can afford that, we cant.

And when you play next to Useless Roberts-Thompson, you are always going to look better.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BenDoolan wrote:
hird22 wrote:carra at brisbane yes, hardwick no.
and richards was offered a contract and knocked it back, least get your story right.
who cares, dempsey will be 2000 times the player he'll ever be
I have my story right. The club didn't offer any contract, Richards cited lack of opportunity and wanted to make an impact where he was wanted. The club wished him well.

Richards played 10 senior games last year and came runner up in the "reserves" B & F (pretty good effort when he only played 12 games). Sheedy played him on Jonathon Brown in "that match" where he kicked 8 f***king goals. He was then dropped for another month because of it. You really have to ask "WTF?".

Look, I'm not disappointed that he is no longer at the club, he just didn't quite fit in. But I'm certailnly not going to begrudge him any success elsewhere.
Sorry benny boy we did offer him a contract. He just was told we'll keep you but dont expect things to improve. So he buggered off to greener pastures, I would've done the same thing. However I didnt like him when he was here so I'll be dammed if Im going to be nice to him now.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

[quote="boncer34 Sorry benny boy we did offer him a contract. He just was told we'll keep you but dont expect things to improve. So he buggered off to greener pastures, I would've done the same thing. However I didnt like him when he was here so I'll be dammed if Im going to be nice to him now.[/quote]

Yep, I stand corrected. I recollect the club trying to trade him to Carlton and Richmond, but forgot about the original offer of contract.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

hird22 wrote:not getting a go at the dons?
or losing a grand final by ONE point!
hahahahaha!!!
Idiot. He wanted to go. I'm sure Essendon are very happy with Dempsey, and I'm sure Richards would prefer to play 23 games in a season, including the GF, than not playing for Essendon.

Do you think Melbourne are thinking "Fucke we should have kept that Armstrong bloke, he won a Premiership this year."?
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

The funny thing is, i reckon Richards played his best half of football for the year and maybe even his career, in the 2nd half of the GF.

Seriously, he hadn't looked like exerting a real influence on a game this year for Sydney, but has performed his stopping role well and has been rewarded for his hard work.

The guy stepped up to the plate and i was proud to watch him influence a grand final. I was even starting to think he may get a norm smith at one stage.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

bueller wrote:The funny thing is, i reckon Richards played his best half of football for the year and maybe even his career, in the 2nd half of the GF.

Seriously, he hadn't looked like exerting a real influence on a game this year for Sydney, but has performed his stopping role well and has been rewarded for his hard work.

The guy stepped up to the plate and i was proud to watch him influence a grand final. I was even starting to think he may get a norm smith at one stage.
Yes, imagine if Sydney got over the line, we may have seen him receive it because he was largely responsible for their revival. Could have been interesting.